3bob

a certain violence...

A certain violence takes place that is not based on or motivated by violence from "it" at all... such is the violent reaction of egotism coming up against the irresistible force and unmovable object that Truth is, for something has to and will give way in that situation - namely the King Rat of the hill.

To be a king rat, or not to be a king rat, that is also the question...

• Like 1

The interesting thing about that is the more one lets go of the desire to be king, the larger one's realm actually becomes...

• Like 2

...or the more you become a rat. LOL (Not that there would be anything wrong with rats.) No, I'm not just playing with words here. What I mean is, you must claim your ground in the spiritual realm as much as in the physical. Which takes courage and strength.

Edited by Michael Sternbach
  • Like 1

The more Ism's we identify with the more baggage we have. Ism's are like stuff. The more one has the more they have to worry about and the more 'it' controls you.

• Like 2

The more Ism's we identify with the more baggage we have. Ism's are like stuff. The more one has the more they have to worry about and the more 'it' controls you.

That is, basically, a valid view.

But you know, I do oftentimes label myself so that the person I am talking with better understands something I had previously said. For example, if you are trying to get me to define some of the attributes of some god I will remind you that I am an Atheist.

That is, basically, a valid view.

But you know, I do oftentimes label myself so that the person I am talking with better understands something I had previously said. For example, if you are trying to get me to define some of the attributes of some god I will remind you that I am an Atheist.

...which I'd say is also limiting of "mystery"since any ism as thelerner has reminded us, is packing something around no matter how reasonable it may seem to us. Granted one may have preferences as a particular being as we all do but then again if one has gotten a taste (so to speak) of the mystery that can't be nailed down then they will tend to no longer nail themselves or any others down even with golden-titanium alloy nails, since one's preferences via their intuition then shifts them towards the non-nail-able down mystery - which potentially opens up when various nails are no longer needed and let go of... (along with the hammers)

Thus even a very handy rat with a hammer on top of the hill is still just a rat who will be replaced by the next shrewder rat that comes along.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

...if dropped properly it can go on the shelf yet still be picked up for some use, at some time, for someone somewhere, or it can disappear.

Edited by 3bob

agreed in a way Michael, although in the physical if one, "lives by the sword they will die by the sword". Thus such a method will not work or apply in the spiritual realms of lesser and lesser ego self.

Edited by 3bob

DDJ 78, Jonathan Star:

Nothing in this world

is as soft and yielding as water

Yet for attacking the hard and strong

none can triumph so easily

It is weak, yet none can equal it

It is soft, yet none can damage it

It is yielding, yet none can wear it away

Everyone knows that the soft overcomes the hard

and the yielding triumphs over the rigid

Why then so little faith?

Why can no one practice it?

So the Sages say,

fulfill even the lowest position

love even the weakest creature

Then you will be called

"Lord of every offering"

"King of all below Heaven"

• Like 1

with humility one cannot be cast down

with sincerity one cannot be shaken

with time unwavering humility and sincerity

become powerful

• Like 1

with humility one cannot be cast down

with sincerity one cannot be shaken

with time unwavering humility and sincerity

become powerful

And it doesn't take much time before one see the effects of such actions.

• Like 1