dust

Not All Muslims Terrorist, but... All Terrorists Muslim?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/01/14/are-all-terrorists-muslims-it-s-not-even-close.html

No.

Notable bits:

For example, in 2013, there were 152 terror attacks in Europe. Only two of them were “religiously motivated,” while 84 were predicated upon ethno-nationalist or separatist beliefs.

In fact in 2013, it was actually more likely Americans would be killed by a toddler than a terrorist. In that year, three Americans were killed in the Boston Marathon bombing. How many people did toddlers kill in 2013? Five, all by accidentally shooting a gun.

Anders Breivik slaughtered 77 people in Norway to further his anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, and pro-“Christian Europe” agenda

Have you heard about the Buddhist terrorists? Well, extremist Buddhists have killed many Muslim civilians in Burma, and just a few months ago in Sri Lanka, some went on a violent rampage burning down Muslim homes and businesses and slaughtering four Muslims.

And as a 2014 study by University of North Carolina found, since the 9/11 attacks, Muslim-linked terrorism has claimed the lives of 37 Americans. In that same time period, more than 190,000 Americans were murdered.

Thought this was worthy of its own topic, yessir.

• Like 4

Born and raised in a Muslim country. Most Muslims and converts (those who switched religion) are peaceful, law-abiding people, and many of my friends and business associates from there are Muslims. My current business partner is a Muslim, one of the nicest people i have met. They work hard, try to secure a comfortable life for themselves and their family. Very open-minded and accepting of other ethnicities too. There are of course some fanatical ones around, especially those who joined the religious police and go around harassing people who date Muslims in Malaysia. :)

• Like 4

I find it not a little amusing that babies are more deadly than terrorists in the USA (recently..recently)... :blink:

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 2

I find it not a little amusing that babies are more deadly than terrorists in the USA (recently..recently)... :blink:

Terrorists mostly just try to kill you, but babies..

those buggers steal your money, sleep and sanity.

I admire the thrust of the OP yet suspect that in this quote 'For example, in 2013, there were 152 terror attacks in Europe. Only two of them were “religiously motivated,” while 84 were predicated upon ethno-nationalist or separatist beliefs.' that if we looked into all 152 terror cases closely we'd find many more then two examples with links to Islamic radicalism at work.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 4

And people in Muslim countries seem to suffer the most from 'Islamic extremism '

Where else are you going to see a tv show like this:

In fact in 2013, it was actually more likely Americans would be killed by a toddler than a terrorist. In that year, three Americans were killed in the Boston Marathon bombing. How many people did toddlers kill in 2013? Five, all by accidentally shooting a gun.

Instead of things like this, which can portray a skewing of the facts in questioning "are most terrorists Muslim?"...one should look at how many deaths were caused by Islamists in that year, worldwide. It would paint a more accurate picture.

Of course Americans have little to fear, because we have people doing what it takes to make sure it stays that way.

That depends on how you define "Islamists." For example, the secular army's fight in Egypt with the Moslem Brotherhood is predicated mainly on power. Although the official reason is religious, it could be defined as a "classic" civil war. On the other hand, and I'm saying this as someone who really isn't anti-American, no one in the world today can compete with the US in total deaths, especially civilian ones. One could argue that the only difference is that the US has a legality and standing, which terrorists do not.

However that may be, I think the dialogue ought to be expanded to all unjustifiable deaths. Or if they can be justified, more scrutiny is needed in that respect.

www.countercurrents.org/lucas240407.htm

"The overall conclusion reached is that the United States most likely has been responsible since WWII for the deaths of between 20 and 30 million people in wars and conflicts scattered over the world."

Edited by closrapexa
  • Like 4

"The overall conclusion reached is that the United States most likely has been responsible since WWII for the deaths of between 20 and 30 million people in wars and conflicts scattered over the world."

And I will, with great sadness, admit to the truth of this.

hahaha, legality

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, it is a worthy reminder that we should never stereotype nor make absolute statements.

The irony of that just clicked.

• Like 1

On the other hand, and I'm saying this as someone who really isn't anti-American, no one in the world today can compete with the US in total deaths, especially civilian ones. One could argue that the only difference is that the US has a legality and standing, which terrorists do not.

Well, comparing the actions of the US worldwide in killing, versus the actions of ISIS in particular in killing...I totally disagree with the sentiment you present. But technically, you're possibly right.

I don't know how to find figures of US caused deaths, versus ISIS caused deaths, since ISIS has become a thing. I suspect that if we found those figures, we'd see a greater number of kills by ISIS. And those kills would be done in a worse way...for instance, murdering of innocents. I believe the US very rarely does that.

Without such figures, I guess it only sounds like I'm starry eyed and rooting for the home team. Oh well...this is how I see things.

I absolutely agree with this.

On the other hand, if they were used without collateral damage, then I think it's great.

It's confusing to me why they haven't been used against ISIS in Iraq as it has been growing and taking over land. We heard all about drones 2 years ago, it seems most of the time that was a big issue...then last year as ISIS gained a foothold, the discussion of them flew off the radar.

• Like 1

The invention and rise of ISIS....confusing, yes, isnt it. So how does one treat situations like this where one says to himself wait, this makes no sense at all, this should have had an easy resolution... but instead its like watching a horror movie where the victims do the stupidest things in order to fall prey to the killer.

cmon we could have prevented them from even happening. or if we noticed, could have easily obliterated them. instead, we're making sure well armed green iraqis are attacked by them and toss their weapons. that brick of 400 million bucks, cmon, it accidentally fell into their hands?

Al Quaeda didnt do as it was supposed to, so AQ2.0 was created, this time a little closer in the management department so as to make sure they keep up what they're supposed to.

The following Wall Street Journal graphic shows that ISIS has more than tripled the amount of territory it holds in Syria since the U.S. started bombing:

Heck of a job, guys ... just brilliant!

Mission accomplished, fellas?

right, now, what's the plan for syria again?

just a coincidence that the french "terrorists" just so happened to be one of the governments declared "moderate" good guys that we've set against assad?

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

It could very well be that ISIS was created by our government, as a false flag type of thing. On the other hand, I watched a Vice news documentary interviewing their soldiers as well as the general population in Iraq and I think Syria...those people are true believers! So whether it was created by us or not, it's still a problem in my view, because it's maintained by the real deal.

• Like 1

And people in Muslim countries seem to suffer the most from 'Islamic extremism '

Where else are you going to see a tv show like this:

The world is interesting when viewed through the Americanized Holowood lens... :lol:

Serial killers are an exclusive old White boys' club and Iran is a bunch of gun-toting dudes wandering the desert covered in rags with women dressed like ninjas...

This trend has steadily increased to the point that in our current decade they represent 88.24% of the number of serial killers apprehended since 2010, yet only account for 12.6% of the populace.

24D5786000000578-2916388-Snowboard_selfi

24D5784900000578-2916388-Handstand_in_a_

24D577FC00000578-2916388-Persian_princes

24D5780900000578-2916388-Headscarf_Women

See! Iran is a truly barbaric, top threat to Anglobal civilization!! :ninja:

Edited by gendao

It could very well be that ISIS was created by our government, as a false flag type of thing. On the other hand, I watched a Vice news documentary interviewing their soldiers as well as the general population in Iraq and I think Syria...those people are true believers! So whether it was created by us or not, it's still a problem in my view, because it's maintained by the real deal.

So people (muslims in the countries we bomb etc) unaffiliated, generally support it. And the soldiers, see what they see, yeah, let's go to war with the folks who bombed the hell out of our country.

Its no different than AQ outside of the leadership which is under tighter western control this time around, since AQ#1 didnt do what its creators and enablers wanted it to, they had their own ideas.

Now we have the double twist with ISIS saying they want to create their currency with real money, what barbarity, yeah, its a head fake.

Statistics all depends on how your sampling is. If your sampling reveals nothing of the roots of a situation, then your conclusions will reveal nothing of the root either.