Back in 97-98 I was smoking a joint out of my bedroom window (quit smoking now), and i noticed a fox was staring up at me from the street. It's eyes seemed to penetrate something within me and my eyes started to burn. Didn't think much of it until recently.

On the night of the millennium, i remember walking in a park and seeing foxes dancing with each other under the moonlight... there was something really magical in a way about it.

About 8 years ago, i started hearing foxes every time i tried to pray. This was after a couple of strong experiences with Spirit/God and an encounter with someone quite special during which i made a promise which i subsequently broke.

Now years later i'm suddenly seeing the word fox or a photo of a fox, or actual foxes everywhere i go.

Sometimes i force myself awake out of a profound dream which i don't remember only to hear loud fox cries.

And recently the past few days while practicing stm neigong, i hear the foxes outside on the street.

Really don't know what to make of it all. A friend suggested it might be a spirit guide, i'm not sure because i don't know much about them, only a little about power animals. But i've seen the numerology to the number 666 is FOX.

There is more to it, but i can't write it on a public forum... except that i sometimes see fox imagery as i'm falling asleep.

Any idea?

Peace.

Really don't know what to make of it all. A friend suggested it might be a spirit guide, i'm not sure because i don't know much about them, only a little about power animals.

This is Native American mythology - the spirit guides. However, I think that much positive can be said about the beliefs.

You might want to do some research to see if there is a connection.

• Like 1

Thanks Marblehead, i'll look into it today! i did see that celtic peoples held some strong beliefs about them as well. I'm part celtic (Welsh) so will look into that also. Thanks again!

Peace

• Like 1

First, I want to point out that 666 is meaningless, it isn't even the number that appears in the bible, plus there are as many approaches to numerology as there are numbers...

Second, I have a strong, really powerful affinity for foxes, and also seem to see them more often than other people. But it can be explained as my love for the animals simply making me more aware of them than the average person who doesn't care one way or another about them.

Have you ever done a spirit animal meditation? I've participated in a number of sessions with groups and it's always a profound, beautiful experience with long lasting impressions :-)

• Like 1

You've shared a very interesting experience with your fox 'friends'. I imagine that most readers would connect with it because we've probably all had similar, (and equally puzzling) synchronicities happen in our lives. My feeling is that it's man's nature to wonder about things like this and to try to uncover explanations and reasons why things like this happen. But even though we often do come up with theories that temporarily satisfy this itch ... ultimately the real reasons about why anything happens, are completely unknowable. Because apparently, everything is part of a Oneness. So it is not possible to separate out strands from Oneness in order to examine their unique contribution, their causes, the effects that spring from them, etc. It's simply our dualistic mind which inescapably obliges us to view the world in this way. Our theories about causes and effects are merely imaginations. They are not actually connected to anything.

So, whatever theory works to satisfy the itch for you,... is as good as any other. Personally, I often find myself falling back on the wisdom of Bhagwan Groucho Marx. With regard to the recurring foxes in your situation, I feel certain Groucho would offer his timeless quote :

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Edited by ThisLife
  • Like 3

SoaringCrane,

Thanks, that is good to know the number issue is meaningless! I see your point, i guess it's just the instances when Fox turns up that make me think there is more to it.

No, i've never done a animal spirit meditation, but have had a power animal retrieval done before (it wasn't fox).

This Life,

Thanks, like i said to soaring crane it's really the timing of it all. We all see the world in different ways, personally i believe in omens etc and the unseen affecting the seen. One may say, the belief also manipulates reality so our beliefs shape reality.

Peace

• Like 2

hello Edward,

eh, I've had similar experiences, though not with foxes. And have to admit I'm happy someone else is having this experience too.

My first reaction was, seeing were you come from, to look into the celtic meaning of foxes. The second, just ask the fox what it is doing in your life. Maybe the answer will slowly unravel for you.

But I wonder, when I read your post, i felt that you are unnerved ( is that the right word, I mean that you might feel not good about these foxes cropping up in your life) by their appearance. In that case, you might look at the reason for that feeling. I know that I felt unnerved initially, something like " what the hell is happening" . looking back, I think it scared me, I felt out of control, something like that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------There is only one truth, but it has many manifestations.

• Like 1

Hi Blue eyed snake,

Thanks for your reply, i'm also glad to come across someone with same experiences. Yes, i find it a little unnerving, but less so after writing about it here. I felt maybe it was a sign of dishonesty on my part.

I'll definitely look into the celtic background of foxes, thanks! it's been said a lot that simplicity is usually the best way to go, so i really should ask Fox what it wants :)

Would be interested in hearing your experiences if you feel like sharing sometime?

Peace

First, I want to point out that 666 is meaningless, it isn't even the number that appears in the bible

Really?

About foxes, check this whole wiki article...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

When I was going through psychosis, I thought I was having experiences with fox spirits. Like they were involved in causing it. My experience of "them" (if it was real at all, which is not how I perceive what happened now) was like they were playful or humorous in a very sinister/not-good-for-humans way. Like malicious joking aimed at me. Of course this could have all just been my own shit being reflected in my psyche.

As for real foxes...they're awesome.

• Like 3

the fox often turns up in Zen Buddhism. I read somewhere that foxes are thought to be one non-human animal that can attain high levels of cultivation, even enlightenment.

maybe the foxes are trying to remind you of a trye path?

8)

hi Edward, i felt reluctant sharing but came to the conclusion there is no reason not to share.

To understand it I must tell you that, until say 3 or 4 years ago I was a very analytically kind of woman, always thinking and scared of feeling. Meditation, chinese healing, yoga i thought of as, strange things some people do, there are probably delusional or something like that.

Then I found the word silence, the sentence go into the silence, find the silence cropping up in my life. It was everywhere, whether a fresh date ( from a datingsite, never seen the man before) who told me to find the silence, sitting in the metro, a magazine with text, it kept cropping up. Almost daily. At the same time I began to experience eh...involuntarily meditation, when I was in nature I became the trees, the water, the clouds, scared the hell out of me. I mean, I didn't start meditating, meditating started me...

This things have been happening for a bit over a year, then there came a day that I sat down, closed my eyes and tried to find that silence. Since that day I wasn't bothered anymore. :)

so, quite different from your experience, but I can tell you, when it happened I didn't know what to make of it.

rereading your text though, It's like the initial foxes have tot do with changes.

Smoking a joint- not smoking anymore

the millenniumnight

strong experiences, and a promise that you broke

and in your answer to my first post you write " I felt maybe it was a sign of dishonesty on my part. "

( see. there is the analytical mind again...)

that you're dreaming of them doesn't surprise me, you're seem to be concerned abou the whole thing.

Suggestions ( but no more than that!)

were you dishonest? and if yes why. And to whom, to yourself? or to somebody else , or both.

What, if any has this broken promise to do with the foxes.

and what change is lying before your feet?

but to find an answer, don't use your rational mind as I do now... :)

For me, promises are difficult things, I try not to make them anymore,. They can turn out nasty, whether you keep them or break them.

peace be with you

there is only one truth, but it has many maifestations

• Like 2

Is it a nine tailed fox

I just googled nine tailed fox, it is actually a creature of Chinese folklore

Lol and i thought it was just a fictional creature made by naruto mangaka

Nine tailed fox is a spirit fox, interesting, i love this type of stuff

• Like 1

Aethereous,

Thanks for the link! haven't read it thoroughly yet, but will do. I can see what you mean, i actually had psychosis myself and had the same phenomenon, but with people following me instead of foxes following me. Funny thing is, since writing this thread and being more comfortable to with foxes in general, it has pretty much stopped!! Although after reading something in the paper, which seemed to give an indication of what it was about, it may well be resolved now.

Astral monk, cheers, could be, but not just in a spiritual sense. i think it's more holistic than that, it's about becoming who you are supposed to be, not trying to be someone or something else. A good healer on this forum said something similar to me after a healing which was extremely helpful. I tend not to agree with purely spirit based ideals, but more life and self actualisation ideals now.

Blue eyed snake, thanks so much for sharing, appreciate you do doing that when you were reluctant. Yes, that sounds exactly what i;m experiencing, but not obviously as clear a message as yours was. You must feel truly blessed that spirit spoke to you and allowed you to bring much needed change into your life.

Agreed it's about change, thanks for pointing it out. I know the answers to your questions, without analysing it was using analytical mind to be dishonest to myself, about who i am. Spirit was trying to tell me what i already knew but couldn't allow myself to believe.

Peace be with you too.

nine tailed fox, haha no it's now lol.. i'm talking real London street foxes! the ones that scream n the night and tear apart rubbish bags leaving trash and bones all over the street.

Many thanks to all who commented!

Edward

There could be something in it, but also, ask yourself honestly, are you listening out for them thus building up a convenient coincidence for yourself?

I notice coincidences a lot. At times, I want to think it is sychronicity and happening for a reason. Other times, I catch myself grabbing opportunities and coincidences to validate my spirituality.

• Like 2

You've shared a very interesting experience with your fox 'friends'. I imagine that most readers would connect with it because we've probably all had similar, (and equally puzzling) synchronicities happen in our lives. My feeling is that it's man's nature to wonder about things like this and to try to uncover explanations and reasons why things like this happen. But even though we often do come up with theories that temporarily satisfy this itch ... ultimately the real reasons about why anything happens, are completely unknowable. Because apparently, everything is part of a Oneness. So it is not possible to separate out strands from Oneness in order to examine their unique contribution, their causes, the effects that spring from them, etc. It's simply our dualistic mind which inescapably obliges us to view the world in this way. Our theories about causes and effects are merely imaginations. They are not actually connected to anything.

So, whatever theory works to satisfy the itch for you,... is as good as any other. Personally, I often find myself falling back on the wisdom of Bhagwan Groucho Marx. With regard to the recurring foxes in your situation, I feel certain Groucho would offer his timeless quote :

A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.

Yeah, I describe it as being like clockwork...the pieces fit and cogs rotate. All in unison, this is our experience.

Speaking of the black cats, I've been super positive, happy and productive over the past week.

Yesterday, I heard a "meow" and a black cat runs down the steps from a random house, crosses me, sits down and looks up at me. One more "meow", so I say "Hey little buddy" and gave it a stroke. It then went and sat in the road, and looked at me as if to make way. I told it to leave the road because it was dangerous, with a smile, and turned my back and went on my way.

I felt like a celebrity in the cat world. Very strange.

Maybe I'm giving off a good vibe. Maybe I feel better around animals having stopped eating meat (again) Idk...maybe it's just coincidence.

Doesn't matter anyway. All is well, that's what counts :)

• Like 1

...maybe it's just coincidence.

More likely than not.

Doesn't matter anyway.

For sure.

All is well, that's what counts :)

That's bottom line.

So many other possibilities could exist.

I view nature as knowing the best way to bring light to my life through my soul, as it knows my future and what is needed

Animal spirits are natural and different from person to person, so there may be one good way for one person to act and not so good for another to act

I view animals and beings of nature like trees and plants as much more loving, and wise than many humans, trees are very respectful and offer the kind of respect that is very rare

In this sense I view animals almost like gods and do not share buddhist beliefs of animals being some sort of low level form of reincarnation

All of nature is interconnected and animals know when to fly south every winter or whatever because they trust and follow their feelings and instincts, just like people should, it is not psychologists who have the right to determine what is sane or not insane as in my eyes psychology is full of overly intellectual mind based insanity

animal guides are a part of many cultures and time periods and I believe to be very helpful.

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Sorry been quite busy lately.

Well, yes it could be that i'm listening out for them, but i don't believe i'm doing it out of wanting experience synchronicites, more out of fear.

Have been in the past into orthodox religion and fear based beliefs, which with the help of a few good friends, i'm starting to get over and see through.

This is a bit of a derail, but i guess it's acceptable since i started the thread lol... but do you guys think that perhaps belief systems take one away from their own self in the sense of installing a pre set program into a deep part of ones self that alters their outlook on life etc, in a way, one self hypnotises or reprogrammes their self to fit into a pre-set set of beliefs? makes sense to me, and yes i'm one of those that now believes some shadowy network of incarnate and non-incarnate individuals are 'guiding' us/humanity for their own ends.......

Peace

• Like 1

in a way, one self hypnotises or reprogrammes their self to fit into a pre-set set of beliefs?

Definitely!

It's all a part of needing to find answers, so one finds solace in having the belief system which validates what they need emotionally. Again, out of fear. So one will spend time repeating something over and over until they are locked in their belief...as you say, self-hypnosis.

I have a marketing business. Due to the nature of clients coming and going regularly, I have to reprogram myself regularly. I'm thankful that I'm aware of it!

• Like 1

Wow, having a marketing business you must definitely know about psychological programming! good you are aware of it!

How do you go about reprogramming yourself? some kind of meditation?

Peace

Wow, having a marketing business you must definitely know about psychological programming! good you are aware of it!

How do you go about reprogramming yourself? some kind of meditation?

Peace

A bit of that. A bit of "f*** it therapy".

It is hard, because I can easily take the view that none of it matters anyway as it's all just points of view and I am just being paid to use my skills for their service. e.g One month I was doing a campaign for a tobacco firm...it was all very underhanded and sneaky. Two months later, I was helping a stop-smoking campaign. The problem was that it all became very weird...finding myself changing angles like a schizophreonic, only that I was aware of it, unlike many marketers and advertisers that seem to lack any sincerity and soul.

So I do try and keep clients consistent now and that does help. I feel a need to be more "moral" in what I do, but again, down to my own programming of how I want to brand myself?

I haven't used affirmation meditation for a while. Just like NLP, this can seriously change one's brain. I became a very deluded "immortal" by doing this, "touching bliss" and "meeting Buddha". If you choose, you can use this technique to become a more confident person, the list goes on.

But no, these days I meditate on breath and listen to my body. The mind makes its own true mind up then without the need to self-program. Whether the mind sorting itself out is still a matter of brainwashing, I can't be sure. We all have preferences at the end of the day. Are they our own? Or did the outside world put them there?

But with my journey so far, and meditation at where it is, my mind is still telling me to walk away from the marketing soon!

• Like 1

Sounds hectic man!! don't blame you for wanting to walk away from it... getting pulled this way, then the other..confusing!

Nlp i know is powerful, just sitting with and listening to an nlp therapist talk made first of all very spaced out, and then feeling very different later on. She just altered my time line because apparently it was out of whack... it did some positive change, but like you say, it should come from ourselves and our mind making it's own mind up.

If one is stable and sane, then mushrooms can help us see what has been put there, and what is from within...

Peace

• Like 1