Sign in to follow this  
rainbow

body temperature control

Recently, I discovered while bored that I can change the temperature of my hands when concentrating. I'm not doing anything in particular other than focusing on my hands and minimizing thoughts. I can make one colder or both colder. The other night for fun I had my friend put his hand in between my two hands (without making any contact) to see what would happen and we both felt a very cold sort of wind and when he pulled his hand away after about a minute it was far colder than his other one. I got really excited and thought about what it could mean. I thought that I might just be influencing my body with my mind which is awesome in itself but when I made my friends hand cold the possibility of me manipuating things outside of myself opened up.

I just thought I would share this with everyone. What do you think is going on? Why a colder temperature, not warmer? What else could I try as an experiment? Lets discuss!

Peace.

Recently, I discovered while bored that I can change the temperature of my hands when concentrating. I'm not doing anything in particular other than focusing on my hands and minimizing thoughts. I can make one colder or both colder. The other night for fun I had my friend put his hand in between my two hands (without making any contact) to see what would happen and we both felt a very cold sort of wind and when he pulled his hand away after about a minute it was far colder than his other one. I got really excited and thought about what it could mean. I thought that I might just be influencing my body with my mind which is awesome in itself but when I made my friends hand cold the possibility of me manipuating things outside of myself opened up.

I just thought I would share this with everyone. What do you think is going on? Why a colder temperature, not warmer? What else could I try as an experiment? Lets discuss!

Peace.

http://www.hno.harvard.edu/gazette/2002/04.18/09-tummo.html

You may be interested in this. G tum mo is similar to mo pai up to a certain level from what I understand. They fuse the yang energy of a full and compressed lower tan tein with their heart chakra instead of their base base or perineum chakra.

I also use a digital infrared thermometer in my training, and I have currently reached about 106*F in my palm at my deepest point of concentration after 3 hours. I can also drop temperatures in palms to about 85*F, I focus on removing energy like a vacuum.

I also can warm or cool objects outside my body which for me at least is proof of being able to to project both yin and yang aspects of chi.

Some advice I find that for me my ability increases sharply with the depth of my trance, ideally your body should be completely asleep, yet mind fully awake. If you try to move in this trance you will feel heavy and drunk.

Edited by mwight

106 F, thats incredible. thanks for the post. I have actually read that article before. It's amazing that people in the scientific community ignore what is right in front of them.

on another note, maybe you could help me, I have been lost recently in my practices. This summer I meditated every night for about twenty minutes for a month and a half. School came along and it became very hard to find the time. I meditated the other night casually in bed and when I stopped and went to sleep my heart and chest felt like they were beating really fast and i checked my pulse and it was regular so I assumed it was my heart chakra. I have been daydreaming a lot the past few days and several of these dreams have come to happen in exactly the same way I imagined.

For the past few years the world has reminded me of its own magnificence and mystery and I go in and out of obsessions with trying to understand it.

What practice, or meditation, could I do that would be simple and would further me on my quest for understanding and for un-understanding, that is, the unlearning of all of the impermanent crap we learn in school. From experience, I know that my mind is more powerful than we understand it to be and I know there are aspects to this physical and unphysical world that are somewhat uncharted and not understood. Help.

thanks,

rainbow

106 F, thats incredible. thanks for the post. I have actually read that article before. It's amazing that people in the scientific community ignore what is right in front of them.

on another note, maybe you could help me, I have been lost recently in my practices. This summer I meditated every night for about twenty minutes for a month and a half. School came along and it became very hard to find the time. I meditated the other night casually in bed and when I stopped and went to sleep my heart and chest felt like they were beating really fast and i checked my pulse and it was regular so I assumed it was my heart chakra. I have been daydreaming a lot the past few days and several of these dreams have come to happen in exactly the same way I imagined.

For the past few years the world has reminded me of its own magnificence and mystery and I go in and out of obsessions with trying to understand it.

What practice, or meditation, could I do that would be simple and would further me on my quest for understanding and for un-understanding, that is, the unlearning of all of the impermanent crap we learn in school. From experience, I know that my mind is more powerful than we understand it to be and I know there are aspects to this physical and unphysical world that are somewhat uncharted and not understood. Help.

thanks,

rainbow

If you were close to sleep and you felt your heart chakra beating but your physical heart was still it means you did or were close to ejecting one of your energetic bodies. We have multiple energetic bodies with copies of our consciousness layered like an onion or a Russian matryoshka doll, Sounds like new age BS but it isn't. You should read astral dynamics by robert bruce. I find his explanation of multiple simultaneous sets of consciousness to coincide exactly with my own experiences. If your bored sometime read my theory 6 dimensional reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6UTGkC73GE

this also may interest you. I haven't been able to find any thing written by or about this master yet, if anyone has any information on him please let me know.

My greatest revelation is that all meditation should be done while lucid dreaming, during this state you have access to abilities not fathomable of in your normal body. The key I have found is to let you body go to sleep but keep your mind awake. You are for all intents and purposes asleep to the rest of the world, but you are awake in your dream, and the laws of this reality no longer apply to you. You can have access to higher knowledge, distort time to have more time for meditation and training. Anything you can conceive of is possible in this state, and it in my opinion is the most powerful way to accelerate your growth.

However I don't think I am qualified yet to instruct you on specific meditation techniques. I can however recommend several books and courses for you to look into.

Energy Work -Robert Bruce. (and all his other books)

"The Magus of Java" of "The Secret Teachings Of The Warrior Sages" -Kosta Danaos

The Tao of Meditation The Way To Enlightenment -Tsung Hwa Jou

Spring Forest Qigong www.springforestqigong.com

Robert Peng's DVD www.robertpeng.com

Pillars of Bliss http://www.risingredphoenix.com/

Those are the best easy to understand systems I know of. I hope this helps you some. :)

Edited by mwight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6UTGkC73GE

this also may interest you. I haven't been able to find any thing written by or about this master yet, if anyone has any information on him please let me know.

Maybe this info helps: http://www.wholehealthclinic.com/discus2/m...html?1173735241

" "Master Jo" who was featured on Ripley's Believe It or Not Is the real thing. His correct name is Master Zhou.Ting-Jue, but is called Master Jo for short. I have studied with him for over 10 years and every thing that was seen on t.v. is real and much more. He is located at 2001 South Barromgtpm Ave West Los Angeles. CA

(310) 478-1798"

Also, a while ago now, I have experimented (never got to explore as far as you seem to have) with "wakeful" sleeping. It basically started with a decision made before falling asleep to keep the mind present and not have it drift of into uncontrolled randomness. When you say "The key I have found is to let you body go to sleep but keep your mind awake" do you mean that literally as in focusing to keep the mind awake while drifting off into sleep, during that transition time?

Edited by freesun

Maybe this info helps: http://www.wholehealthclinic.com/discus2/m...html?1173735241

" "Master Jo" who was featured on Ripley's Believe It or Not Is the real thing. His correct name is Master Zhou.Ting-Jue, but is called Master Jo for short. I have studied with him for over 10 years and every thing that was seen on t.v. is real and much more. He is located at 2001 South Barromgtpm Ave West Los Angeles. CA

(310) 478-1798"

Also, a while ago now, I have experimented (never got to explore as far as you seem to have) with "wakeful" sleeping. It basically started with a decision made before falling asleep to keep the mind present and not have it drift of into uncontrolled randomness. When you say "The key I have found is to let you body go to sleep but keep your mind awake" do you mean that literally as in focusing to keep the mind awake while drifting off into sleep, during that transition time?

Thanks for the information, Freesun. Could you please verify the name of the avenue in the address-- looks like "Barromgtpm" but really is... ..? :)

(310) 478-1798"

Yes I do mean it literally. I meditated for a 5 days strait. I only got up when it was necessary to eat, drink, exercise, shower and use the bathroom. In this time I didn't sleep but was in a half awake half asleep state. I intend to pursue this state further for longer stretches of time. I am certain that for me at least, mastering this state is the key to a higher level of practice.

Thanks for the information, Freesun. Could you please verify the name of the avenue in the address-- looks like "Barromgtpm" but really is... ..? :)

Uhm indeed that does look strange ;)

I tried looking it up in the yellow pages and came up with this:

China-US Wu Dang Qi Gongmaster Zhou Ting Jue

2001 S Barrington Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90025-5363

(310) 478-1798

If anyone hooks up with him I would be interested to hear how it goes.

mwight: It sounds like you are using a WILD technique to enter the state you are describing.

edit: While reading the article on lucid dreaming on Wikipedia a link brought me here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis. I was pretty stunned, because that is somewhing i have experienced many many times and never knew what's been happening to me. It's actually quite a scrary experience when you don't know what's going on.

Interestingly it seems to be useful and/or be a sideeffect of lucid dreaming as well, according to the article.

Edited by freesun

Sign in to follow this