voidisyinyang

Cavity of Prenatal Vitality is not same as Cavity of spirit

There was previously a long thread on the focus of chapter one of the Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality book and since then the question has been raised again - where exactly is the location of the cavity of original spirit? Or that same intent worded slightly differently.

I had researched this before but it is very subtle and important - in fact crucial training information - because the cavity of spirit on its own is still "negative spirit" as inner fire or yin chi energy - it is seen as light internal in the brain.

But then what people really miss is that along with that cavity of spirit there is also the "cavity of prenatal vitality" which is described as a "pearl the size of a grain of rice" - at the top of the medulla oblongata: In other words it's the infamous pineal gland.

Why is this difference so important? When there are evil thoughts it triggers the prenatal vitality - the yuan qi - to shoot down the marrow of the spine to create generative fluid.

But guess what? As Taoist Yoga states - the biggest problem in the training is that it increases the passions that had to be cut off in the first place. In fact the "form of love" can "steal the generative force" - the yin chi energy. And "bad air" getting into the body can scatter and drain the qi energy.

So how does this happen.

Well we have now the cavity of spirit and the cavity of prenatal vitality - both in the brain.

Then we have the cavity of true or real vitality which is the lower tan tien.

How is the lower tan tien created? By stilling the heart it causes the spirit-fire to descend which then turns the yin jing generative force into yang jing or yin chi energy.

When this yin chi energy is built up and further purified through the small universe - what is happening? It is cycled through the cavity of prenatal vitality thereby uniting the solar (heart yin chi or positive fire) with the lunar negative fire of prenatal vitality - and by this process creating the yang qi as true spirit-vitality.

O.K. so only after the lower tan tien is filled up does then the cavity of "original spirit" open up as the Tai Chi - and guess what - to look for its location inside or outside the body is wrong.

It is the Mysterious Gate and too profound and wondrous - it is the Oneness, etc.

O.K. so why is this so difficult? When there is lust or passion in the heart - this causes the yin chi energy as positive fire to go up the front of the body (shooting out of the eyes) while the lunar negative fire as the prenatal vitality from the pineal gland goes down the spine of the body - thereby the opposite of the small universe purification. This causes the loss of yin chi energy out of the eyes while causes the prenatal vitality to turn into generative fluid. But as Taoist Yoga states it is very tempting to use the chi energy as it develops.

http://innersoundqigong.blogspot.com/2015/01/fixing-spirit-in-original-cavity-its.html

I have blogged on this giving longer quotes from the book.

The point is that the difference between the cavity of spirit as negative spirit and the cavity of prenatal vitality as the pineal gland is not recognized at all - at least I have never seen it done so - yet it is a key secret of the alchemical training to create the cavity of original spirit and the cavity of true vitality (the lower tan tien).

• Like 3

There was previously a long thread on the focus of chapter one of the Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality book and since then the question has been raised again - where exactly is the location of the cavity of original spirit? Or that same intent worded slightly differently.

I had researched this before but it is very subtle and important - in fact crucial training information - because the cavity of spirit on its own is still "negative spirit" as inner fire or yin chi energy - it is seen as light internal in the brain.

But then what people really miss is that along with that cavity of spirit there is also the "cavity of prenatal vitality" which is described as a "pearl the size of a grain of rice" - at the top of the medulla oblongata: In other words it's the infamous pineal gland.

Why is this difference so important? When there are evil thoughts it triggers the prenatal vitality - the yuan qi - to shoot down the marrow of the spine to create generative fluid.

But guess what? As Taoist Yoga states - the biggest problem in the training is that it increases the passions that had to be cut off in the first place. In fact the "form of love" can "steal the generative force" - the yin chi energy. And "bad air" getting into the body can scatter and drain the qi energy.

So how does this happen.

Well we have now the cavity of spirit and the cavity of prenatal vitality - both in the brain.

Then we have the cavity of true or real vitality which is the lower tan tien.

How is the lower tan tien created? By stilling the heart it causes the spirit-fire to descend which then turns the yin jing generative force into yang jing or yin chi energy.

When this yin chi energy is built up and further purified through the small universe - what is happening? It is cycled through the cavity of prenatal vitality thereby uniting the solar (heart yin chi or positive fire) with the lunar negative fire of prenatal vitality - and by this process creating the yang qi as true spirit-vitality.

O.K. so only after the lower tan tien is filled up does then the cavity of "original spirit" open up as the Tai Chi - and guess what - to look for its location inside or outside the body is wrong.

It is the Mysterious Gate and too profound and wondrous - it is the Oneness, etc.

O.K. so why is this so difficult? When there is lust or passion in the heart - this causes the yin chi energy as positive fire to go up the front of the body (shooting out of the eyes) while the lunar negative fire as the prenatal vitality from the pineal gland goes down the spine of the body - thereby the opposite of the small universe purification. This causes the loss of yin chi energy out of the eyes while causes the prenatal vitality to turn into generative fluid. But as Taoist Yoga states it is very tempting to use the chi energy as it develops.

http://innersoundqigong.blogspot.com/2015/01/fixing-spirit-in-original-cavity-its.html

I have blogged on this giving longer quotes from the book.

The point is that the difference between the cavity of spirit as negative spirit and the cavity of prenatal vitality as the pineal gland is not recognized at all - at least I have never seen it done so - yet it is a key secret of the alchemical training to create the cavity of original spirit and the cavity of true vitality (the lower tan tien).

as the cauldron configuration changes, so does the niwan configuration, in a sense.

one can turn the light around yet not have the pineal sparked to the point where it accelerated the metabolism in the top down pineal master endocrine control fashion, that takes more effort.

the efferent nerves attached to the lower centers are precluded from being quite so efferent by the process of turning the light around

in fact turning the light around when the field strength is enough, arrests the potentials of the cranial nerves before the potentials are able to interact with the limbic system.

so turning the light around is a very key point in settling the heartmind

the signposts always come more quickly, the more and more efficiently the technique is utilized.

:) good stuff, subtle difference. boiled down enough and it becomes a measure of how solid one's energetic resonances are, how they are ingrained. which comes back down to habit energy. which comes back down to my saying cultivate the breathwork signals until they are completely gone and if that's done properly the rest of the limbic considerations follow in step. when attentive awareness is put into these in the daily practices, it builds the habit energy more efficiently.

• Like 1

which comes back down to my saying cultivate the breathwork signals until they are completely gone

Could you please elaborate on the method?

*inhales*

...any differently than I have written...a hundred or more times over...in the last....7 or 8 years, here? :)

timing, timing, timing, think of how precise the LHC was to set up.

find the energetic maxima of each physical component, and time them all concurrently; do not use anywhere air touches to facilitate the movement of air in respirating. descend along the anterior spine from solar plexus to dantien, then relax. repeat ad infinitum. sooner or later you get still enough so that the flow of air truly drops beneath the threshold of turbulence or neural stimulation, the olfactory nerve stops its 40 cycles/sec mash potata, the resonant mode is no longer excitatory. the vagus nerve activates and lights the pineal, making turning the light around much more efficient. combined with the habit energy continued every day, often, the niwan absorbs the potential before it is even able to manifest.

settling of heartmind is very much a function of the habit energies

• Like 1

find the energetic maxima of each physical component, and time them all concurrently; do not use anywhere air touches to facilitate the movement of air in respirating. descend along the anterior spine from solar plexus to dantien, then relax. repeat ad infinitum. sooner or later you get still enough so that the flow of air truly drops beneath the threshold of turbulence or neural stimulation, the olfactory nerve stops its 40 cycles/sec mash potata, the resonant mode is no longer excitatory. the vagus nerve activates and lights the pineal, making turning the light around much more efficient. combined with the habit energy continued every day, often, the niwan absorbs the potential before it is even able to manifest.

Really appreciate the info. Do you perhaps have a layman's version of your description?

lol, laymans? that was about as simple and straightforward as I could make it. if you have specific questions that's one thing, but...can one deliever a trimmed down version of the abridged version without cutting the trunk of the tree :lol:

google should help if there are terms one doesnt understand.

Edited by joeblast

My post is only for people practicing strict celibacy. Sorry for those who don't qualify. You know who you are so don't waste people's time with lies.

First of all the vagus nerve runs in the front of the spine.

The pineal gland is trigger by evil thoughts causing yuan qi to go down the back of the spine - those evil thoughts are also triggered by the lower tan tien energy going up the front of the spine via the vagus nerve. In other words the reverse microcosmic orbit.

So no - the secret is to stop that from happening - the key is to actually pull the pineal gland energy forward - the yuan chi - so it then accesses the spirit-light energy coming up from the heart as the cavity of negative spirit.

It's traditionally called "turning the light around" because the only way to pull the pineal gland qi forward is to empty out the thoughts - I call this "flexing the pineal gland." By emptying out the thoughts you turn of intentional focus back to the pineal gland.

You can't really put it into words - it can only be done after you have conscious control of the pineal gland.

But the key secret here again is that there is a difference between the cavity of spirit (heart light) and cavity of prenatal vitality (pineal gland).

If you don't believe me - I posted more on my blog to corroborate:

Fire kindled by breathing transforms the generative fluid derived from the digestion of food into generative force. Fire derived from spirit transforms the generative force into vitality. Fire derived from (prenatal) vitality purifies breathing and contributes to the manifestation of spirit. Spiritual fire sublimates spirit which will return to the state of nothingness. Thus from start to finish the successful practice of immortality is by means of fire.

So clearly fire from spirit and fire from prenatal vitality are different.

So when we sleep the cavity of spirit naturally descends to the lower tan tien - if there are any evil thoughts from lack of celibacy then it causes loss of the alchemical agent. This can happen even without any bad dreams - during deep sleep.

So also it doesn't even require evil thoughts - just loss of yin chi out of the eyes - in Taoist Yoga called "twinkle of the eyes" at forms of love - it is a speed of light transmission.

So the only way to fix that is to constantly turn the light around by using your intention to empty out the thoughts so that you pull the cavity of prenatal vitality forward to it uses the qi to stop the light from leaving the eyes.

Also remember to keep the tongue against the roof of the mouth so that when the spirit-vitality develops it descends via the vagus nerve down to the lower tan tien.

Again its very rare to actually fill up the lower tan tien with spirit-vitality which then finally enables the cavity of "original spirit" to manifest as an enlightenment experience.

By the way - the focus of this practice is actually the same as mind yoga as vichara nondualism - the book Taoist Yoga says that oneness of thought is the key to the final Emptiness. So in reality if you can hold onto oneness of thought - aka turn the light around - then everything else will follow. Of course the other techniques like standing active exercise, reverse breathing, small universe - are key tools - but in the end the oneness of thought is what guides the practice yet is also the goal of the practice.

• Like 1

I'm sorry Drew, were you insinuating I was lying in here somewhere? :lol: Or is my verbiage just wrong, and once you rephrase it into taoist yogaspeak, then its acceptable :lol: Or am I simply lying because I was married before? I dunno Drew, you go out of your way a little too far. Either way its somewhat obvious that since my approach differs, the smug needs to find a way to position himself above as usual :rolleyes: Its ok, most people that have read you over and over know this already about you.

Flexing the pineal gland may be a strong manifestation of turning the light around, but one certainly wouldnt sit there and "flex" for hours straight. I dont know what turning the light around is for you, but the smooth easy and relaxed method for me is well net energy positive and completely sustainable. Just in case this is just an issue of semantics, of course, we may be talking about the same thing but your verbiage is certainly much stronger when you refer to it.

Pineal glad triggered by evil thoughts...no, that is a sympathetic resonance that manifests efferently, downstream. That which is triggered by evil thoughts is not the pineal. The pineal is triggered and shines in the absence thereof. That's the crux of the twinkle of the eyes.

So really, if you can hold on to oneness of thought....well since there is no thought... am I lying when I say its really holding on to the one-ness breath that sets the stage for all of this. If one is making it a mind game, good luck, one can get there both ways but imho its far easier to beat the physical things into submission via rote habit energy and then they just behave, making the mind game that much more simple.

The one-ness of breath only happens after you've gone past the threshold of turbulence and get to the point where you cant really tell if you are presently inhaling or exhaling. That's why I tell folks doing breath retention...well, best to have the smoothness down first. But I guess the result is only obvious once one has attained it?

The eye twinkling in the Taoist Yoga book - just to clarify again - refers to the yin chi energy being pulled up the front of the spine - via the vagus nerve - and the evil fire of the heart - so that the yin chi energy then shoots out of the eyes via the heart yin spirit energy.

As Taoist Yoga states yang qi energy is just concentrated yin chi energy. So the issue is whether a person can build up their yin chi energy enough without it being sucked out of them.

By sucked out - I mean for example females staring and bouncing their legs to masturbate to suck in the yin chi energy - this activates their vagus nerve.

So yeah I wrongly practiced tantra for a long time - intentionally sending out this energy into females.

Why is it wrong? Because only by having the intention focused on the Emptiness do you then properly connect the Cavity of Prenatal Vitality (the pineal gland) forward to the heart Cavity of Spirit that emanates out of the eyes.

Otherwise you can see negative spirit in your brain but that, as was wrongly argued before, does not necessarily mean progress on the path - because that negative spirit light in the brain can just be yin chi energy that has gotten pulled up the front of the body and will then be lost out of the body due to evil fire of the heart.

So that is why the Emptiness has to be held onto by pulling the pineal gland prenatal qi forward by using the intention of the heart spirit fire to pull the qi forward, thereby reversing the damage caused by evil fire - which triggers the pineal gland to shoot chi down the spine to convert the jing into fluid.

So also the standing active deep breathing and small universe are key parts of the practice but as far as the intention - this can at first be just a concentrated thought like a mantra - to empty out the thoughts since then the heart won't be stirred with the conscious thoughts are emptied out.

I was told by the qigong master that tantra is always inherently limited and I knew that by practice but I just didn't know the specific physiological reason of why tantra was limited - the difference between the Cavity of Prenatal Vitality and the Cavity of Spirit explains that difference and also explains why the strict focus on the Emptiness is necessary for any real success in the practice.

Before I felt sorry for females and so I sent them the yin chi energy but as Taoist Yoga states that just makes them more addicted to this reverse flow of energy that inherently limits the power of the energy to achieve the Tai Chi which is actually a type of immortality. Taoist Yoga does state that tantra is good for health but in terms of achieving the Tai Chi as the Tao the negative spirit as just light inside the brain is absolutely useless.

The eye twinkling in the Taoist Yoga book - just to clarify again - refers to the yin chi energy being pulled up the front of the spine - via the vagus nerve - and the evil fire of the heart - so that the yin chi energy then shoots out of the eyes via the heart yin spirit energy. Yes...I think you should be understanding my correlating dropping the airflow and ceasing the excitatory resonance of the olfactory nerve - when the resonant mode changes, it affects more than just the olfactory nerve. Its part and parcel of the condition of emptiness

As Taoist Yoga states yang qi energy is just concentrated yin chi energy. So the issue is whether a person can build up their yin chi energy enough without it being sucked out of them. Quite a few people find that pervy, just the view of treating it like that. That's why my writing things gets at the neurological underpinnings and looks to resolve certain aspects of the puzzle from that view. Rote-ness is just easier, imho. All of these other concerns just flow right from it.

By sucked out - I mean for example females staring and bouncing their legs to masturbate to suck in the yin chi energy - this activates their vagus nerve. And it is up to the practitioner to keep one's mindstate even if one is being enticed to engage certain neurological streams.

So yeah I wrongly practiced tantra for a long time - intentionally sending out this energy into females.

Why is it wrong? Because screwing around and having fun isnt working towards the goal, haha Because only by having the intention focused on the Emptiness do you then properly connect the Cavity of Prenatal Vitality (the pineal gland) forward to the heart Cavity of Spirit that emanates out of the eyes.

Otherwise you can see negative spirit in your brain but that, as was wrongly argued before, does not necessarily mean progress on the path easy to be dismissive with one's verbiage and belittle a lower accomplishment, the clarification's been made, I guess one could be specific and say progress towards x stage of accomplishment instead of saying this or that is worthless without establishing what context its worthless in....I digress, it just gets annoying reading the same generalized dismissals of certain things because of the way you view the light coming out of the prism - because that negative spirit light in the brain can just be yin chi energy that has gotten pulled up the front of the body and will then be lost out of the body due to evil fire of the heart. while correct its still vague to a lot of people, this last phrase.

So that is why the Emptiness has to be held onto by pulling the pineal gland prenatal qi forward by using the intention of the heart spirit fire to pull the qi forward, thereby reversing the damage caused by evil fire - which triggers the pineal gland to shoot chi down the spine to convert the jing into fluid. Did your english teachers rip your papers to shreds, talking in circles. These things are easy to do when the neurological habit energy is built sufficiently well. There's no "trying to hold on to the emptiness" or "the emptiness has to be held on to" - when the habit energy is that strong, you sit and smile and shine peacefully for a few moments that lasts a few hours. I wouldnt know what you meant by "forward" in this context without having done the neurological conditioning.

So also the standing active deep breathing and small universe are key parts of the practice but as far as the intention - this can at first be just a concentrated thought like a mantra - to empty out the thoughts since then the heart won't be stirred with the conscious thoughts are emptied out. There is no emptying out the thoughts, breathwork until emptiness, simple as that. When the consciousness is focused on something there isnt sufficient habit energy for through to manifest, but when that lapses, the additional energy will seek an outlet. Most all this thought stuff just comes from the senses not being conditioned anyway - condition the senses, and the "noise" from those activities - the "noise" is what forms the basis for the thought-stream-energy to manifest in the first place - is reduced below a threshold level, and combined with the technique of turning the light around at the niwan, the remainder of residual potential that has the ability to manifest itself as thoughtstreamenergy is easily arrested by the turning.

I was told by the qigong master that tantra is always inherently limited and I knew that by practice but I just didn't know the specific physiological reason of why tantra was limited - the difference between the Cavity of Prenatal Vitality and the Cavity of Spirit explains that difference and also explains why the strict focus on the Emptiness is necessary for any real success in the practice. Like most transactions, there is some overhead. Energy loss to medium in transmission. Its a level of vibration, difference in cavities.

Before I felt sorry for females and so I sent them the yin chi energy but as Taoist Yoga states that just makes them more addicted to this reverse flow of energy that inherently limits the power of the energy to achieve the Tai Chi which is actually a type of immortality. Taoist Yoga does state that tantra is good for health but in terms of achieving the Tai Chi as the Tao the negative spirit as just light inside the brain is absolutely useless. At least its in its proper context there :) I'm not being argumentative, there's just some aspects of TYspeak that could use some clarification in western terms, there is of course limited (but poignant) context for that very general statement hahaha

Taoist Yoga describes things physiologically that Western science does not and can not know about since Western science is based on an inaccurate foundation of materialistic infinity.

As for your other comments - they have the same problem as the above - having the wrong foundation you have the wrong trajectory.

The terminology used in Taoist Yoga is confusing but that's just because it's complex and every word needs to be studied in great detail.

Again the "cavity of prenatal vitality" is mentioned on page 6 as being the pineal gland - not that term but the description is the same.

The cavity of prenatal vitality is not mentioned again until page 66.

It is different than the cavity of spirit which arises from the heart and is expressed out of the eyes.

I'm writing this not for you since you don't seem interested in the book.

I know there are people reading this who are interested in the book on its own terms.

So the book says that the "form of love" of the opposite sex will "steal the generative force."

This is the problem of "evil fire" of the heart - which then pulls up the yin chi energy from the lower tan tien and shoots it out of the eyes.

To stop that then the cavity of spirit needs to be emptied out to the cavity of prenatal vitality - no thoughts so the heart is not stirred.

Otherwise the cavity of prenatal vitality sends qi down to deconvert the ocean of yin chi energy into fluid.

So yeah the practice is serious and does require constant observance of this.

As Taoist Yoga states this is the most common reason for failure in the training because the qi energy makes it easier for passion to be activated when in fact the training requires the opposite.

So that is why I am emphasizing it. Only Taoist Yoga explains the specific energetic pathways for why this is a problem.

Yeah I know it is strict but then that's why there are so few qigong masters. haha. Taoist Yoga says it will be very tempting to use the energy.

I spent a lot of time with a qigong master this year and I was surprised at how strict he was. But I needed to understand why was it necessary to be so strict. He said that even the original qigong master says watching t.v. is too immoral and the qigong master said the computer also.

So Taoist Yoga calls it a battle against the enemy - against demonic spirits.

wrong trajectory :lol: its ok drew, I'm not going to try to force you to even so much as consider the context I'm presenting, because if you gave it a modicum of thought you'd realize the extent of accordance my words have with yours. but since I'm not beating the celibacy drum and talking about how many days I've gone and such, my words are...lol, wrong?

ok man, have fun pluckin that chicken writing that book over and over being a pig headed @&$^&

surely you can see the logical fallacy you've presented in saying that

Taoist Yoga describes things physiologically that Western science does not and can not know about since Western science is based on an inaccurate foundation of materialistic infinity.

since I have described things physiologically that western science has contributed towards the foundation of realizing these odd esoteric eastern concepts....and have said absolutely nothing with regard to "western science understanding things better than what's in eastern alchemical framework."

because really, all it sounds like is that you simply arrogantly refuse to consider a western concept, regardless of the efficacy of the approach, because its, ew, western, those heathen have bad mathematical foundation!

an intelligent reader who has no bias will perceive the overlap and act accordingly. if the reader wants to continue on through the brush with no machete in hope of finding that trail that's off over yonder, he is more than welcome to, just as he's welcome to recognize the raccoon path that goes rather straighter over to that certain trail, despite the old sign marker saying take the loop trail, it intersects with the mountaintop trail.

pity for the inclined reader, really.

Edited by joeblast