marcus2013

How to spot a good therapist

funny, when I read something like that, I feel more turned off than attracted to this person.

Funny indeed! :)

Let's assume we're past the stage of debating whether you can be attracted or not to a person you've only read a couple of (admittedly opaque) sentences about... What's the source of your distaste for your perception of this approach?

Funny indeed! :) Let's assume we're past the stage of debating whether you can be attracted or not to a person you've only read a couple of (admittedly opaque) sentences about... What's the source of your distaste for your perception of this approach?

Well, my reaction really was spontaneous, but I kow it's because I think of "awakening" as something that must be done by yourself. I shy away from anyone who says s/he can do it for me or has the tools I need. I would expect the results to be more short term and imperfect.

Well, my reaction really was spontaneous, but I kow it's because I think of "awakening" as something that must be done by yourself. I shy away from anyone who says s/he can do it for me or has the tools I need. I would expect the results to be more short term and imperfect.

Ahh - yes well I complete agree. It's probably my poor choice of words in an attempt to be brief. He certainly doesn't claim to do it for you. In fact far less so than a shaktipat guru for example.

It's hard to describe his work as it's rather uncommon. It's mostly a practice of increasing awareness of the tiniest internal patterns that we go through - I mean the ones that happen in milliseconds. He's aware of them by virtue of decades of practice, but he brings your attention to them by presence, by precise and well timed interruptions and other more subtle work.

Awareness of your patterns then brings about the space and opening for them to shift. Not shift in a particular ("better") direction (as "better" is very much a construct from a limited perspective) - but just to shift. And shift again and again, deeper and deeper. Like sung for the heart-mind.

It's less like a chiropractic adjustment and more like being with a teacher that corrects your form at just the right time in just the right way (even if that way seems illogical) to bring about a shift. The shift is where you do your part.

And there I was trying to be brief... :)

Edited by freeform
  • Like 2

In my experience people dont want to do their part... The homework. I think a good way to choose a therapist is to see if they are booked out or have a waiting list. If they have a good name then just trust in them for a month or so even if you feel its not working, then review your progress and change if need be.

• Like 2

Thank you all for your comments. I have a lot of more info now to work with. I'll made some kind of list with the possible therapists after your suggestions.

I'll let you know what or what not works for me.

I'm really grateful for all your comments and advice.

Thanks again.

I hope it will work. I don't want to be in a chronic emotional illness

Edited by marcus2013
  • Like 1