Sign in to follow this  
BearlyTao

Seeking Direction

Hello everyone. I'm a 33 year old man from the USA. Read the Tao Te Ching several time over the past five years but never delved to deep into Taoism past that. My interest has been growing lately and I'm hoping that I can delve deeper with the help this forum.

I have to admit I'm a bit overwhelmed and confused, searching the internet I find dozens of variations or I find little hints selling classes and courses.

I'm not even sure how far taoism goes I get the impression that it has much 'science of living' for better flow with the Tao and a healthy balanced life. How can I learn how deep the rabbit hole goes? Is it something best progressed through stages?

I've started reading about tan tiens, but then I ask 'Should I start here or with the Chakra points? Can one complicate the other?'

I've side researched into the chakra points but I get the feeling you have to be careful not to break the balance of the 7 points or it can cause bad results. Cleansing the Chakras, do you have to comit to all 7 points in one session or can you tap one a day?

I've also found reference to yoga and chakra, is it ok to do yoga at a gym class or from a book? Is there better methods?

Funny thing about my relationship with the Tao is you shouldn't worry, but I'm worrying over it.

• Like 1

Hello BearlyTao, and welcome to the forums!

Glad you found your way to us. The questions you pose have no short, definitive answers. There are many, many schools of thought on these subjects. I suggest taking it slow, aproaching one topic at a time, but I'm sure you'll get many interesting opinions and insights once you begin actively participating in the forums :-)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

Ah some other odds and ends I forgot to bring up, I wasn't sure how these aspects of my life coordinate with Tao living.

I am a body building enthusiast. While not extreme I lift weights on a near daily basis. Mild sore/stiffness is a regular and I didn't know if this was a concern practicing yoga or Tai Chi.

I also follow a low carb diet that has helped remedy high blood pressure and roughly 100 lbs of weight, curious others thoughts on diet.

Hi BearlyTao

I want to point out that there are forums for all of these subjects. I suggest familiarizing yourself with the website first and then posting in appropriate forums.

This forum is chiefly for introductions.

Sign in to follow this