ChiDragon

Who I don't want to be my Teacher?

I'll just stick with this:

"To learn martial arts without internal qigong, one will regret this for life. To learn internal qigong without martial arts, one will enjoy countless wonderful benefits."

• Like 2

I would point out to casual observers that this is not a shared view. Suppression can lead to sickness, so I would ask that this quote should be taken with a grain of salt.

In my experience suppression is an easy route, taken by many, thus it leads to many illnesses. Transformative training (Of the mind) requires time and constant work

"Suppression is a much higher level in the cultivation of the mind."

Yes, I agree that suppression can lead to sickness if not understand any cultivation of mind and body. If one knows that anger will hurt one's body, then one will find a way to avoid it. It may be very hard at the beginning.

Suppression is not an easy route. How many people can take an insult and walk away without fighting back. The keyword is "cultivation" which mean suppress angry before going through transformation which is something not to be neglected.

I am afraid that is circular reasoning. If you are referring to the idea of emptiness or the path of WuWei, it is not about suppression. It is about understanding the Tao without emotional reaction. We transform our Anger, fear into understanding. With understanding comes acceptance, with acceptance we can see a path of peace. The empty cup that can be filled again and again. Since all beings grow in this world with fear and anger we must first learn to transform through cultivation of the mind. Suppression is to `Push`or `Subdue`. This is NOT cultivation, but ignoring the emotion, so it is placed away.

If this is the method you wish to teach and personally use that is your path.

I tire of hearing `The Higher more advanced` method.

Honestly...that shows such a lack of humility when people use those terms. It is a false face with the agenda of the ego. A form of manipulation.

I am NOT a humble or enlightened man. I do not know the answers...but I do know when to recognize a Jehovah Witness trying to sell me a car that Christ drove mentality.

As Buddha had said to a Heckler once. `I return your gift to you. I have no use for it`

hi....bubbles

Meditation breathing in Zazen will help me to get to this level of Taoist cultivation. People wouldn't say take a deep breath when one is upset for nothing. Like they say, one has to experience it to know it. Once one knows it will become enlightened about a particular thing.

I had something in my signature which related this but I don't know what happened to it. My signature don't display anymore.

Edited by ChiDragon

I am afraid that is circular reasoning. If you are referring to the idea of emptiness or the path of WuWei, it is not about suppression. It is about understanding the Tao without emotional reaction. We transform our Anger, fear into understanding. With understanding comes acceptance, with acceptance we can see a path of peace. The empty cup that can be filled again and again. Since all beings grow in this world with fear and anger we must first learn to transform through cultivation of the mind. Suppression is to `Push`or `Subdue`. This is NOT cultivation, but ignoring the emotion, so it is placed away.

If this is the method you wish to teach and personally use that is your path.

I tire of hearing `The Higher more advanced` method.

Honestly...that shows such a lack of humility when people use those terms. It is a false face with the agenda of the ego. A form of manipulation.

I am NOT a humble or enlightened man. I do not know the answers...but I do know when to recognize a Jehovah Witness trying to sell me a car that Christ drove mentality.

As Buddha had said to a Heckler once. `I return your gift to you. I have no use for it`

What you are saying you have no expectation in advancement in whatever you are practicing.

Talking about religion, I have people come to my house and talked about their beliefs. I gave them a counter offer with my understand about the concept of Wu Wei. They walked away with a sorry expression on their faces. It seems like that they have regrets for coming to my front porch.

I am NOT a humble or enlightened man. I do not know the answers

Yes, It seems to me that you are.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

I'll just stick with this:

"To learn martial arts without internal qigong, one will regret this for life. To learn internal qigong without martial arts, one will enjoy countless wonderful benefits."

I glad that one was enlightened by not being stagnated to something in its superficial value.

Once one had learnt the little secret behind an art, that's all it takes to be enlightened and benefited eternally.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Thanks! bubbles...

It seems rather complicated. I just need one breath to get rid of my anger. I'd felt that the anger goes straight down with my breath to the lower dan tian and did not return, and that was the end of that.

• Like 1

What you are saying you have no expectation in advancement in whatever you are practicing.

No, not at all. I know that even a Transformation I am a beginner. I am very far from WuWei and emptiness still.

I am insecure at times, angry and I suffer from severe depression. Where I am now is a mountain from where I was, yet I see the MOuntain of Everest ahead. Still I do take time to look at the sky. Yet I do not wish to fool myself from understanding that I have a great peak to get to yet...I do not even know what it looks like, smells like.

I can only imagine the sweet smell of the crisp air. I only know the names and methods, not the personal outcome.

I do the work, with the knowledge I must still taste bitter before I taste sweet.

If I were a Humble or enlightened man I would let others find their path, with no expectation for themselves or for me. I would not debate the points of enlightenment and the path towards it. I do know that...I do not know.

That is all I know. But I really do not like One method, One Path, thinking. I try to remember my Path is not for everyone. To find a truth means a truth only for you.

• Like 1

who I don't want to be my teacher

the part that thinks it knows a thing

the part that thinks it might find something sought

but knowing needs no thinking

finding needs no seeking

only being true

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 3

Who I don't want to be my Teacher?

This one

www.youtube.com/embed/RmdP1qTjGZY

Edited by DAO rain TAO
  • Like 2

Thats a negative question??

How about who Do I Want To Be My Teacher?

Teacher><student

Master><student

Understanding><no understanding

Love><hate

Self><no Self

Truth><fiction

OK now, have think about it!

Left><Right

Hmmm? Got it? Mr NLP! BOOOOM!!!!

:D

Of course, Wudang priest practice Chi Kung which the main practice for longevity. However, when we are talking about Kung Fu, we need to know that there are many styles and their characteristics. Wudang has its own style of Kung Fu. Normal Kung Fu is pretty rough as compare to Tai Ji and Chi Kung. Since they are Taoists, thus their Kung Fu styles are not as rough as the Shiaolin monk styles.

I glad that you have experienced with this which make it easier for us to communicate..... :)

May I point out that practicing Kung Fu is consuming lots of body energy while Tai Ji or Chi Kung produces more energy that one can handle.

I think I already have too much energy to handle.

About to open a new thread so I don't derail this one.

• Like 2

Rara what ever you do you makes me happy so please carry on doing><not doing

I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU!!!!!

Edited by Infinity
  • Like 1

Thats a negative question??

This is the way how Lao Zi talks. He uses a negated statement to make the thought positive.

Really ?

Yes!.

Literally, Wu Wei is do nothing which is negative. But, the philosophical thought behind it is "do nothing to interfere" which makes it positive. No.......???

If one does nothing, that can be positive or negative.

If one does nothing to interfere, that can also be positive or negative.

Neither is absolute but rather depends on circumstances and perspective.

1. If one does nothing, that can be positive or negative.

2. If one does nothing to interfere, that can also be positive or negative.

3. Neither is absolute but rather depends on circumstances and perspective.

I know what you are saying but.....

By the logic theory or boolean algebra:

1. "-" = "-"

2. "-" x "-" = "+"

3. "-" or "+" = don't care

• Like 1

Rara what ever you do you makes me happy so please carry on doing><not doing

I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU!!!!!

Thank you. Then I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU TOO! :)

Life is a funny old thing.

• Like 1