4bsolute

Why does a life with purpose seem to get so "heavy" these days.. and not light?

I was called many times that I take life so serious and should see it more lighter

but how can I when I live a conscious life?

Individuals telling that life is easy have mostly no purpose set for their lives other than superficial career plans, sex life, usual family dreams etc

Maybe as many of you aswell, I live in such an environment and it bothers me.

When one lives a conscious life, emotions are felt more real and the power of thought becomes more evident. Yet many individuals are intoxicated 24/7 in various ways, numb and barely feel any powerful emotions. Using language and thought mostly for entertainment. The unconscious lifestyle of so many, striving for positivity, creates so much suffering as a byproduct. As a result of not wanting to clean up, it piles up, ready to explode.

Not wanting to hear, not wanting to feel, not wanting to take responsibility. More medication.

I just watched half an hour TV today, Silvester, and my spiritual plans seem to have no meaning anymore. Of course they still do, but compared to that? Can you understand my point of view?

What life is this these days here on the planet?

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

many a ttb will remember max say mind is gravity ;)

hm yeah, it is. the more the ego accumulates the heavier it gets

but how does this make sense from an alchemical point of view? Mind should be the lightest.

Heart makes light. Heaviest is bottom, root ... mind mixed with gut then, without heart?

hm... Shen is the solution

Edited by 4bsolute

Chill out, dude! :)

Maybe you've gained a bit of awareness, which is why you're more conscious of your thoughts and actions, but what's more important is how you manage and balance what you've gained, as well as how you interact with the world. That just takes practice.

Edited by 子泰

Individuals telling that life is easy have mostly no purpose set for their lives other than superficial career plans, sex life, usual family dreams etc

I dunno. I think people with "no set purpose for their lives other than superficial career plans, sex life, usual family dreams etc" experience lots of heaviness. Anxiety, depression, angst, pain...these are equal opportunity problems, not at all limited to serious meditative types.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke

Time and experience acclimate you to the diverse realities of life. You'll oscillate between coping mechanisms and genuine breakthroughs that reduce the stress and seriousness of it all.

As you set upon the path earnestly your energy takes an immediate and lasting leap from where you were prior. This intensifies pressure into the systems where your identifications lie - good or bad, conscious or unconscious - little has yet changed.

Your "conscious" judgement is now electrified and the focus becomes radicalized - notice this - you are still in your head and in your own "wholesome" viewpoint and fully identified with it. This is why you are transfixed on "the others".

They are not "other" - you are in the same sleep with a different set of pictures and with a much intensified grasp.

(This is not a setback - it is precisely what we all do - it sets the stage for real motivating dissatisfaction with this situation)

Move to the LDT and allow for the organic transformation of energies from there.

Base yourself from there and if you are doing Qi Gong daily the lightness you seek will come swiftly.

Move "into" not "out of" your vehicle, and learn that the mind is not the driver, it is the buffoon - it needs training mostly in "no thinking" but in other things as well. For now the mind is a big problem because it it assumed that the mind will find the answers you already know. It is the source of much noise and distracts from that which is you.

A good mind is essential - but so few approach the subject with any idea of what a good mind might be. A good mind is rarely needed, talks very little and creates no noise. Learn to hear the other voice - that of intuition - this will not come at the flick of a switch so don't let the Buffoon trick you.

The conversations in your head are not mind - they are circular picture disks that are fully automated and asleep and reactive - they are as asleep as the picture disks in those people you are pointing out.

You are at the point of vibrating these pictures to the breaking point like a singer holding a pitch and breaking glass. It creates a very heavy feeling - holding this pattern while identified with its correctness - you are vibrating these to a breaking point while holding them tightly in protection and the pressure and weight is great.

The square peg will never fit in the round hole - not in a thousand lives. Do not accept the false road where a small square peg fits within a large round hole - this is not a fitting road. (I chose not to resist that :)

One illusion is set upon another and another. "Other" is the general theme.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 4

Chill out, dude! :)

Maybe you've gained a bit of awareness, which is why you're more conscious of your thoughts and actions, but what's more important is how you manage and balance what you've gained, as well as how you interact with the world. That just takes practice.

Do you meditate often? What is "abit" when you do so? You are getting flooded :)

Yes I would love to know how to balance newly gained awareness. Mostly it presents itself as immediate threat of my surrounding instead of a calm knowing. Is that a root chakra issue? Energies not rooted properly?

hm yeah, it is. the more the ego accumulates the heavier it gets is your mind in the present moment? if it is, impossible for it to be heavy.

but how does this make sense from an alchemical point of view? Mind should be the lightest. overthinking burns too much qi. letting things weigh on you burns qi. I've had accomplishment falter from stress before.

Heart makes light. Heaviest is bottom, root ... mind mixed with gut then, without heart? overthinking

Creative types tend to have more fire than most

Artistic, musicians, shamans, writers etc

Will be looking to express their inner truth to the world

Rather than conform to the ways of the world

Dont let anyone try to tell you "The way you think is wrong, be more like me, Im so great ya ya bla bla"

lol

Creative types tend to have more fire than most

Artistic, musicians, shamans, writers etc

Will be looking to express their inner truth to the world

Rather than conform to the ways of the world

Dont let anyone try to tell you "The way you think is wrong, be more like me, Im so great ya ya bla bla"

lol

Maybe this 'anyone' simply has more fire than some others and expressing an inner truth to the world too - have you considered this?

• Like 1

What life is this these days here on the planet?

Now that you have life, what is your purpose ?

• Like 1

On this thread people say things like "Your not calm enough, fit in more, be more balanced, your unkind to want to change things, be in the ldt"

I just facepalm myself

It seems like hardly anyone else feels the pain that the state of this world is in and wants to do anything about it, there more interested in "being balanced and all that jazz"

On this thread people say things like "Your not calm enough, fit in more, be more balanced, your unkind to want to change things, be in the ldt"

I just facepalm myself

It seems like hardly anyone else feels the pain that the state of this world is in and wants to do anything about it, there more interested in "being balanced and all that jazz"

See Dawei's question (#14) above :)

Your best bet is to work on your own transformation, Skydog. The state of the world, or the state of anything external, can only be transformed thru individuals transforming their own mental in-look.

Here's one useful pointer from Margaret Meloni:

"Where would I possibly find enough leather with which to cover the surface of the earth? But (just) leather on the soles of my shoes, is equivalent to covering the earth with it...." - Shantideva.

"What does that mean, to try to cover the surface of the earth with leather? And who would do that anyway? Well rest assured that this is not my attempt to sell you a new pair of shoes.

Here's a thought, you can spend your time trying to coat the earth with good strong leather. Then you would be able to walk barefoot anywhere and everywhere and never cut your feet. Wouldn't that be amazing? Wouldn't you like to walk around knowing that you had full protection all of the time?

Sorry, but you can't. Of course this is wildly impractical. You can't cover the earth with leather and protect your feet at all times. You can protect the soles of your feet so that no matter where you walk, you are prepared and you are protected.

There is a much larger message within this discussion of leather and feet and the surface of the earth. You can try to spend your life controlling the people and situations around you so that you never get hurt. In fact you know people who do just that. You recognize them because you call them control freaks. Or perhaps you recognize them because you see that they are afraid of new situations or new places or new people or new food.

Trying to control all of the people and experiences around you is as useless as trying to cover the earth with leather. Why not use your time and energy to strengthen yourself? Prepare yourself for the inevitable life challenge. Build up your skill at dealing with difficult people; be prepared to meet that tough day, head on.

How? You can start by recognizing that the only thing you can control in any situation is yourself. You control your thoughts and your actions and your perceptions. Once you accept this and you strengthen your responses to the challenges in your life; it will be as-if you have placed strong leather on the soles of your feet. You will be protected no matter where you step."

Im sorry CT but Im not asking for advice

I am interested in changing this society

I have reached levels of spiritual development that probably surpass most people on this forum

That doesnt mean Im going to stop giving a shit, and watch nature get anally raped and hand my kids over to a society that is cold and desturctive, I want to help, I want to do something about it

I dont care what anyone has to say about it

You may be able to tell today I am not in such a good mood, hence posting on this forum..

and Im always thinking that everyone has different soul paths and their all in harmony bla bla

But that doesnt mean that if one wants to do something about earth they are "not fitting in enough, need to be in the ldt, stop thinking etc"

I have reached levels of spiritual development that probably surpass most people on this forum

That doesnt mean Im going to stop giving a shit, and watch nature get anally raped and hand my kids over to a society that is cold and desturctive, I want to help, I want to do something about it

I dont care what anyone has to say about it

Ya? Great. Is that why there is always that sense of anger and frustration in your words?

Edited by C T

Idea that wanting to do something about this planet, change society, create a new world = unspiritual

Is complete bullshit

Ya? Great. Is that why there is always that sense of anger and frustration in your words?

Read previous post

Whats a matter CT are you upset by me saying that

All praise be to buddha