Owledge

"That which is impure cannot enter that which is pure"

Who knows the background for this saying?

I am quite appalled. I interpreted it in the same sense as "To the pure, all things are pure", but when I did a WWW search, pretty much all I found was institutional-religious texts about menstruating women and temples.

Edited by Owledge

At one time It was the Women who were the Taoist Healers and Shamans (Yes I know the word Shaman actually describes the Shamans of a particular group in Turkey and Russia...but I do not have a better word with me at this time...)

They were the ones with the Sacred teachings passed from one generation to the next. Unfortunately the Confucian view had stopped all that...

I wonder how much has been lost...not only in Taoism but in so many of the other worlds Spiritual teachings.

*Facepalm*

is a frost resistant tree.

As the white Taiga, you will know that.

Had enough pun, hun? ^^

Edited by Owledge

Hello Owledge,

I do not know the saying, but will offer you these thoughts upon a possible origin:

Is not the change of humour that a menstruating Woman undergoes, an obvious obstruction to ones peace of mind? For some, the dark side of them literally awakens, all reason disappears; Let us bear in mind that temples are like amplifiers or resonators ...

The menstrual cycle is representative of the cleansing of the body and regeneration, through the end of a cycle, by the flushing out that which was not required. Now there is a very long and very complex astrological explanation and reason for this also, but I shall not expand upon this here; it is way to deep.

I think given the knowledge how delicate temple construction is through vastu; it becomes quite obvious then but that is some very high level understanding of the science of the architecture of temples and of vastu.

Edited by iain