jyakulis

The Caduceus, Energy Center, and Bronze Serpent

I believe a persons soul is a mix of their spirit and body.
It has to do with the Caduceus (picture on medical insignias)
Notice how the caduceus has 6 points where the snakes cross followed by a 7th kind of seen at the top (chakras so to speak).
So, the esoteric meaning of this biblical verse:
John 3:14

And as Moses lifted up the bronze snake on a pole in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up

Deals with in the final coming of God he must raise the energy through his energy channels. Lifting up the bronze staff.
Spirit and Body is what your Soul is. It's the devil and angel on your shoulders so to speak that you often see represented in childrens stories (Jimminy cricket for instance in Pinnochio). Notice also how you have a left and right eye and left and right portion of your brain, a left and right nostril etc. It deals with energy centers. That's why you see often in Biblical verses mentioning of left and right (it is not to say there is some figment devil floating around but more so people have their own demons so to speak is a better way to put it):
Matthew 6:3
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing
It means don't feel your ego or body needs gratified. Do you need a plague to say you donated or do you simply take it up with God. This concept is seen in other passages:
Matthew 6:6
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Again it deals with the Father being all knowing and all perceiving. And to take up rewards and prayers with Him always. The spirit I see it is linked sort of to DNA. That's what I believe Revelations 11 and the Jacobs ladder Bible verse are about. The ladder structure. But Spirit is also a recorder of the body. The magnetic properties of DNA are well known.
Back to the caduceus. That's all I meant with the nostril thing. So you have a Spirit/Body and this in combination I am of the opinion is the Soul. When the body corrupts the Sprit by following fleshly desires this is what is said in gnostic scripture actions to corrupt your Soul.
We keep our bodies in tact when we move our bodies in synchronization with the Spirit of God or the good angel on our shoulder: Often times we read stories of Maters, Saints, Sages, and prophets who's bodies have shown extraordinary properties after death.
James 3:2
We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.
and again we see that a Soul is not our own to keep until we have been perfected in Love:
Luke 21:19
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
The breathing thing deals with the wiring of the brain. The aether kind of goes to our spirit side of the brain and the oxygen to our fleshly or matter side of the brain left and right. The left side of the brain deals with functioning in the world and the right side of the brain deals more with the abstract and spiritual.
Edited by jyakulis

Hey there jyakulis :)

I believe a persons soul is a mix of their spirit and body.

Interesting statement. If the Spirit is incorporeal, and the body is corporeal, how is it that the two can mix together and make the Soul?

I understand the three channels along the spine, but that doesn't really account for manifestation...

Edited by kio

Well you'd have to go back to the beginning. The first sin was adultery as written in the Gnostic Gosepl of Phillip:

He who has been created is beautiful, but you would <not> find his sons noble creations. If he were not created, but begotten, you would find that his seed was noble. But now he was created (and) he begot. What nobility is this? First, adultery came into being, afterward murder. And he was begotten in adultery, for he was the child of the Serpent. So he became a murderer, just like his father, and he killed his brother. Indeed, every act of sexual intercourse which has occurred between those unlike one another is adultery.

You see the gnostic gospels speak of a more holy union between man and woman. And a higher level sexual interaction. And additionally, a more perfect birth sequence than is seen more as the birth of Jesus and being painless to the woman.

It is written here in the Gospel of Phillip:

The heavenly man has many more sons than the earthly man. If the sons of Adam are many, although they die, how much more the sons of the perfect man, they who do not die but are always begotten. The father makes a son, and the son has not the power to make a son. For he who has been begotten has not the power to beget, but the son gets brothers for himself, not sons. All who are begotten in the world are begotten in a natural way, and the others are nourished from the place whence they have been born. It is from being promised to the heavenly place that man receives nourishment. [...] him from the mouth. And had the word gone out from that place, it would be nourished from the mouth and it would become perfect. For it is by a kiss that the perfect conceive and give birth. For this reason we also kiss one another. We receive conception from the grace which is in one another.

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

My thoughts are the apple and the tree is was not about a snake really. But moreso an esoteric snake and dealt more with sexual energy. Hence the phrase apple of my eye. My thoughts are when Adam ate from the tree dealing with the misuse of sexual energy. He did not choose for conception by grace but rather conception of his own will and so it is written here:

There are two trees growing in Paradise. The one bears animals, the other bears men. Adam ate from the tree which bore animals. He became an animal and he brought forth animals. For this reason the children of Adam worship animals. The tree [...] fruit is [...] increased. [...] ate the [...] fruit of the [...] bears men, [...] man. [...] God created man. [...] men create God. That is the way it is in the world - men make gods and worship their creation. It would be fitting for the gods to worship men!

So, he fell into sin or so to speak he started as a LIVING soul but fell into this energetically fallen state. It is often mentioned how he lost his connection to God after eating the forbidden fruit. This being that he no longer was a living soul because his spirit no longer moved in harmony with the body.

Additionally, some scholar believe that Adam was the Lord being reincarnated through time. This is the past lives of Jesus Christ as taught by Edgar Cayce:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/jesus09.html

So, the reincarnation of Adam through Jesus Christ was able to pay the karmic debts caused by Adam. This was the final Atonement where he payed his debts and found eternal life again.

More simply I'd like to put it like this. It is the desires of the flesh vs. the desires of the Spirit. This is the two parts of the snake so to speak. When we move in Love as taught in corinthians as many virtues we move in synchronization with the spirit (patience, humility, understanding etc.). When we move in the selfish desires of the flesh we corrupt our souls causing rebirth. Christianity speaks of a rite of being born again. Many think it it deals with some means of accepting Jesus. It does and it does not. Being born again is an esoteric ritual to be performed by the individual in life. It deals with sex energy and essentially a second birth into the world. This is often seen as the bridal chamber in gnostic Christian texts. What I'm saying I guess is the Spirit and Body are one through the Soul. However people follow the body instead of the Spirit and thus corrupt their souls.

A line by Steven right before one of the early churches stoned him:

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

17 For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do.

Edited by jyakulis

Very interesting about Adam's reincarnation as Jesus to atone. I've never heard of this before.

Thanks for elaborating :)

Glad you liked it. Yes Christian doctrine currently does not like to talk about reincarnation. But it's often mentioned in their texts.

For instance here,

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

The offspring is likely Solomon here. Not mentioned in Cayce's incarnations of Christ.

Often trees are mentioned and seeds and references to karma through reaping and sowing seeds in hearts. The root here is likely the kingdom layed down by Melchizedek and Abraham. Melchizedek was an incarnation of God. People do not realize this usually. He's mentioned very little in the Bible but likely that voice of God is direct help from Melchizedek talking to Abraham or Melchizedek and Abraham had a spiritual connection of sorts.

18 Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, 19 and he blessed Abram, saying,

“Blessed be Abram by God Most High,
Creator of heaven and earth.
20 And praise be to God Most High,
who delivered your enemies into your hand.”

In John 8 we see a confrontation. The jews claim they are of the line of Abraham. Jesus claims they do not do the works of Abraham. Remember Abraham listened to Melchizedek always. Even the seemingly crazy sacrificial scene with his son everyone makes fun of him for usually.

34 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin.35 Now a slave has no permanent place in the family, but a son belongs to it forever. 36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. 37 I know that you are Abraham’s descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me,because you have no room for my word. 38 I am telling you what I have seen in the Father’s presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father.[b]

39 “Abraham is our father,” they answered.

“If you were Abraham’s children,” said Jesus, “then you would[c] do what Abraham did. 40 As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things.41 You are doing the works of your own father.”

In other scriptures Apostles referred to Jesus as a High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

16 one who has become a priest not on the basis of a regulation as to his ancestry but on the basis of the power of an indestructible life. 17 For it is declared:

“You are a priest forever,
in the order of Melchizedek.”[a]

18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

20 And it was not without an oath! Others became priests without any oath,21 but he became a priest with an oath when God said to him:

“The Lord has sworn
and will not change his mind:
‘You are a priest forever.’”

Interestingly, back to the Atonement of Adam and Jesus. We see in the Cave of Treasures (an apocrypha work) that Melchizedek assisted moving the body of Adam to Golgotha:

Melchizedek appears as a character in the extensive Adam mythology that circulated in early times, and which was hugely popular in the Eastern Syriac world. In the Cave of Treasures (which certainly influenced the Qur’an), he joins Noah’s son Shem in moving Adam’s body to its new site at Golgotha, under what would centuries later become the place of Jesus’s crucifixion. Shem appointed Melchizedek to carry out his priestly duties on the site forever: “Thou shalt be the priest of the Most High God, because thou alone hath God chosen to minister before Him in this place. And thou shalt sit here continually, and shalt not depart from this place all the days of thy life.” The scene is thus set for his later meeting with Abraham.

In Gnostic Scriptures (Pistis Sophia Chapters 25 and 26) Melchisedec is referred to as the Father or Receiver of Light.

It happened now when these things in their time were known, and when the number of the cipher of Melchizedek, the Paralemptor (of the Light), occurred, he came forth, and he went into the midst of the archons of all the aeons, and to the midst of all the archons of the Heimarmene and those of the sphere. And he agitated them, and he caused them quickly to abandon their circles, and immediately they were afflicted, and they cast the power out of themselves, out of the breath of their mouths, and out of the tears of their eyes, and out of the sweat of their bodies. And Melchizedek, the Paralemptor of the Light purified them, according to the manner in which he did so continually. And he took their light to the Treasury of the Light. And the matter of their dregs was surrounded and swallowed by all the archons of the aeons and the archons of the Heimarmene and those of the sphere, and they did not allow them to go and become souls in the world. They now swallowed their matter, that they might not become powerless and weak, that their power might not cease within them and their rulership (kingdom) dissolve. And they swallowed them so that they should not dissolve, but that they should be retarded, and should spend a great time until the completion of the number of perfect souls which would be in the Treasury of the Light.

And so we see in the Gnostic Gospel of Phillip that a Son is given a title/name after the Father:

One single name is not uttered in the world, the name which the Father gave to the Son; it is the name above all things: the name of the Father. For the Son would not become Father unless he wore the name of the Father. Those who have this name know it, but they do not speak it. But those who do not have it do not know it.

Often times we see in gnostic literature and hidden in the official canon that we are to attain to be Sons or sonship. Here in a letter from Paul he writes:

3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4 For he chose usin him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he[b] predestined us for adoption to sonship[c] through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6 to the praise of his glorious grace,which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemptionthrough his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us. With all wisdom and understanding, 9 he[d]made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10 to be put into effect when the times reach their fulfillment—to bring unity to all things in heaven and on earth under Christ.

It's likely Melchizedek or a priest after the order of the Most High God. This was a priesthood initiated by God or the Father. It is not a title given from a man to another man as done in the Mormon religion. In that way they err. So really, the atonement was the way to eternal life taught by Jesus in payment for karmic debts incurred. Through his death and teachings we now have a way toward eternal life or adoption as Sons.

Sorry for the long posts but you seem interested and I would like other people to learn from my research. Christian literature is a passion of mine. It's much deeper than people give it credit for usually.

Edited by jyakulis

It wasn't too long of a post :)

Melchizedek is one person I've always been curious about but had never followed up on. Are there any other works attributed by him, or about him, that you would recommend?

Back to the topic of the Bronze Serpent, it is an interesting image in alchemy. It symbolizes "fixing the volatile", which equates to cocting Mercury to make an 'Elixir'. At least that's how the symbol is popularly defined.

The practice results in a Quintessence, as described by Paracelsus:

"The Magi in their wisdom asserted that all creatures might be brought to one unified substance [. . .] which may by purification and purgation, attain to so high a degree of subtlety, such divine nature and Hermetic property, as to work wonderful results. For they considered that by returning to the Earth, and by a supreme and magical separation, a certain perfect substance would come forth, which is at length, by many industrious and prolonged preparations, exalted and raised up above the range of vegetable substances into mineral, above mineral into metallic, and above perfect metallic substances into a perpetually alive and divine Quintessence. The evolutionary perfection includes within itself the essence of all celestial and terrestrial creatures."

Describes the history/life of Jesus quite well doesn't it? :)

I am not sure how you have come to the conclusion that there is any relationship between the caduceus and chakras.

This is just made up. Raising the serpent on the staff has nothing to do with energy channels.

The writer of Revelations did not know of DNA. DNA wasn't discovered until very recently.
Best,
UFA

You don't read too closely. Apparently never read jacobs ladder or Revelations 11. The ancinets knew a lot more than I think you are willing to give them credit for and in some ways had a better understanding of spiritual purposes of DNA than what we currently do today. But hey the government loves you there is DNA but 90% of is junk and doesn't do anything. Are you familiar with the Russian DNA experiments. The two witnesses are strands of DNA. They lay dead for 3 days symbolizing the 3 day resurrection time period of Christ. This is a mystery of death. I'm sure you wouldn't understand when you can't understand what I'm saying here:

Google is your friend: Caduceus chakra correlation then click images. I shattered everything you said in one google search. Now someone official not on a message board said it to you. Maybe you will believe me.

https://www.google.com/search?q=caduceus+and+chakra+correlation&biw=914&bih=456&tbm=isch&imgil=lDeMdbbrExC8uM%253A%253BdzBFePDVuiR5uM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.dynamicchiropractic.com%25252Fmpacms%25252Fdc%25252Farticle.php%25253Fid%2525253D9216&source=iu&pf=m&fir=lDeMdbbrExC8uM%253A%252CdzBFePDVuiR5uM%252C_&usg=__8xfJarwoakiCzHTu9PPUA5-yzwc%3D&ved=0CCsQyjc&ei=EFykVJ7wKpWiyAToxYCgAw#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=lDeMdbbrExC8uM%253A%3BdzBFePDVuiR5uM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dynamicchiropractic.com%252Fcontent%252Fimages%252Famaro1_1_3291.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dynamicchiropractic.com%252Fmpacms%252Fdc%252Farticle.php%253Fid%253D9216%3B300%3B229

here's another

https://www.google.com/search?q=caduceus+and+chakra+correlation&biw=914&bih=456&tbm=isch&imgil=9kHBoJjThiwoHM%253A%253BzhcP7dUk2UzMkM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.kushalayoga.com%25252Fdiscovering-the-chakras-through-meditation%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=9kHBoJjThiwoHM%253A%252CzhcP7dUk2UzMkM%252C_&usg=__yvgL8_P9vO77qkztlkpAgEC3Td4%3D&ved=0CCsQyjc&ei=EFykVJ7wKpWiyAToxYCgAw#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=9kHBoJjThiwoHM%253A%3BzhcP7dUk2UzMkM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.kushalayoga.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2010%252F02%252Fchakras-caduceus-228x300.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.kushalayoga.com%252Fdiscovering-the-chakras-through-meditation%252F%3B228%3B300

and another:

https://www.google.com/search?q=caduceus+and+chakra+correlation&biw=914&bih=456&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=EFykVJ7wKpWiyAToxYCgAw&ved=0CB0QsAQ#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=6S-tpuwXxOltdM%253A%3B0vzkT0htDOZzOM%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fneurometaphysics.files.wordpress.com%252F2011%252F08%252Fcaduceus-1.jpg%253Fw%253D349%2526h%253D256%3Bhttps%253A%252F%252Ftchiya.wordpress.com%252F%3B278%3B204

should I keep going?

Edited by jyakulis

This is just made up. Raising the serpent on the staff has nothing to do with energy channels.

What is the true meaning?

So, I need a scientific paper on energy centers. OK!!!!!

I don't need to explain anything to you. You're a hater with nothing significant to add to any of what I'm talking about. When you provide something pertinent or a counter point of what the bronze serprent is to you. Then you'll have my attention. Until then this is the summary of your argument.

That's not true because .................................

Yeah ........ because you don't have a counter argument. You're a hater.

I'm not explaining revelations 11 to you or Jacobs ladder. What's the point. Not like you'll have anything interesting to add to it. You'll be like that's not true because .........................

Oh wait again, you have no because.

Do you actually offer any legitimate counterpoints to any of the verses I attempted to interpret?

Also, the one link I posted was from acupuncture today. I don't know if this counts in your worldview. You're funny. You post here but need a scientific journal that's peer approved to be able to discern what's right and what's wrong. Good luck in your search lol.

Edited by jyakulis

So he believes the talking serpent in the garden. Can you not post in this thread anymore? No seriously. I don't want to talk to you. You aren't adding anything.

I already posted the meaning of the serpent. It's begetting not through the divine will of God. It's the humans conscious desire to beget. It deals with the begotten begetting. And the begot beget. so on and so forth. You really need to read the Gospel of Phillip to understand Genesis. Else you will be teaching people about a talking serpent.

Anywho, other than this guy. I thought this thread might serve as a bridge between Christian doctrine and Taoism as they seem to be compatible at least looking at Gnostic texts with this idea that there is a higher level sexual union to be made.

Edited by jyakulis

Right after the talking serpent we have the magic staff THROWDOWN HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

8 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, 9 “When Pharaoh says to you, ‘Perform a miracle,’ then say to Aaron, ‘Take your staff and throw it down before Pharaoh,’ and it will become a snake.”

10 So Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and did just as the Lord commanded. Aaron threw his staff down in front of Pharaoh and his officials, and it became a snake. 11 Pharaoh then summoned wise men and sorcerers, and the Egyptian magicians also did the same things by their secret arts: 12 Each one threw down his staff and it became a snake. But Aaron’s staff swallowed up their staffs.13 Yet Pharaoh’s heart became hard and he would not listen to them, just as theLord had said.

I thought this thread might serve as a bridge between Christian doctrine and Taoism as they seem to be compatible at least looking at Gnostic texts with this idea that there is a higher level sexual union to be made.

And its a good idea, but any time you bridge a gap, you have to consider alternative definitions and perspectives. Throwing them out right away and becoming defensive is not constructive.

Keep an open mind and contemplate the questions asked, this helps you broaden the understanding of your own beliefs. It is a difficult thing to do, because your foundations are being rattled.

And in my opinion, the best books to read in order to understand Genesis are "the true and natural path of hermes", basil valentine's "12 Keys", the whole works of Paracelsus, among others..

Edited by kio
  • Like 2

Based on the above, one could state that the serpent symbolizes a force which is A) intelligent, B) cunning and C) opposed to man. As a result of its actions, man is now subject to the bondage of birth and death and must live his life in toil.

I like your analysis of verses, and thought provoking questioning.

What do you think that this force is, and what does it mean to raise it? Why is this force compared to the Son of Man in John; what is the Son of Man or how does it differ from the serpent; how does one raise the Son of Man if it differs?

I 100% don't expect questions to be answered clearly and practically, but if you can, it would be really interesting.

And jyakulis, don't take offense that I'm asking our friend questions here when you might want him to leave the thread. I think your analysis is fascinating, and am just trying to learn more.

Well, I admit I make stretches on DNA. That's where I'll stop.

I became fascinated with the Russian DNA experiments:

As well as had been struggling with chapter 11 in Revelations and Jacobs Ladder.

To be honest I don't want to get into an argument. I spent a lot of time thinking and meditating on the symbology of these lesser understood Bible Verses. I'll give you I'm reaching on the DNA. But definitely not on the lifting of the serpent.

I also, think you read the Bible to literally.

How do you interpret the slave and servent story of the old testament. Do you literally believe Moses beat slaves. Or is it moreso a play on looking at someone as property vs. an individual person. This is the kind of thing I mean with you.

And this play on sacred sexuality is not something I "made up". Samuel Aun Weor wrote countless books on esoteric Christianity http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samael_Aun_Weor

They even have a video about it on youtube by Thelema.

I also think that the Bible is written in such a way that is has double and triple meanings because of the powerful language it uses. So, I would say if that's what the story means to you at this particular time in your life then all the power to you.

Edited by jyakulis

And no I don't believe in the rich tradition of Taoism or Christianity. I don't believe in any tradition of men. Only the Word of God.

8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.

9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand:

11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?

13 But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.

14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

Also, in response to the writings of Melchizedek. I don't think he generally wrote much but rather had disciples kind of like Jesus. Being that Melchizedek is seen as an incarnation of God, I would say anything divinely inspired could be said to be written by him or inspired through him. I think moreso he has been attributed to either writing or directing the writing of Psalms.

Cayce was another one that related Biblical Texts to the human body. Here is his work on Revelations:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce10.html

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

I don't really agree with sex magic of Weor either. But it is what it is.

Here's another reference.

http://www.spiritofthescripture.com/id534-moses-the-bronze-serpent-and-kundalini.html

I like the question they raise. If Moses taught his people to shun idols. Why would he then construct an idol for healing. If God opposes idolatry then why would his Servant construct an idol?

9 They that make a graven image are all of them vanity; and their delectable things shall not profit; and they are their own witnesses; they see not, nor know; that they may be ashamed.

10 Who hath formed a god, or molten a graven image that is profitable for nothing?

Edited by jyakulis