Owledge

People's capacity for reality-denial is infinite

If you're in for a slightly longer read than this, check out a blog article I aready wrote about it:

https://dowlphinblog.wordpress.com/2014/12/26/a-study-in-reality-denial/

But I wanted to add something I remember from years ago - a political TV debate - that I still remember because it was one of those losing-faith-in-humanity experiences. Candidate A talked in an easy-to-follow way, simple short sentences, logical, well-explained, putting the facts right out there. Very good speaker. Candidate B responded with a total mess of rhetorical blabla - it contained no informational value, it was painful to listen to. Made it quite clear that candidate B didn't have the intelligence to discuss on the same level.

Afterwards many people stated that they didn't understand a word of what candidate A said, but they totally understood candidate B. (As I explained in the linked blog article, I think they were consciously bullshitting themselves. They had a personal preference for candidate B and had to twist their perception of reality in order to make themselves feel good and right.)

Candidate B eventually became Federal Chancellor of Germany and created a long track record of corruption and arrogance and insulting the common people.

• Like 4

I think with politics people have fit themselves into there own little conditioned reality based on their life and perceived values. I would not take away from the televisions ability to manipulate reality though in them. Most of these people think very little for themselves and it's much easier to have a pretty girl in a short skirt or a handsome guy with nice hair tell them this is what they should think, this is how they should feel, and this is who they should be. A logical extension would be: this is the candidate you should support.

I watched many political races in the US. We had this one candidate that just had it all logically right. He said all the hard things people needed to hear and had the appropriate solutions. He was marginalized though. Do not rule out the power money has on molding the lower classes opinions on things. The problem is they serve money. I feel that's why their perceiving apparatus is all out of whack in regards to politics.

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

There seems to be no limit to the lengths people will go to, to protect their reality tunnels. Any information that doesn't fit, or that shows dissonance with held views, is ignored, excused away, or attacked outright. There seems no limit to the extremes folks will pursue to maintain their personal interpretation of reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7tGOr2NU0

There seems to be no limit to the lengths people will go to, to protect their reality tunnels. Any information that doesn't fit, or that shows dissonance with held views, is ignored, excused away, or attacked outright. There seems no limit to the extremes folks will pursue to maintain their personal interpretation of reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7tGOr2NU0

Perceiving a certain reality can be a choice though, that's one of my points. Knowing what is true and deliberately deciding to reject it. I can often spot it when it's like that as opposed to truly unconscious. People willingly dumb themselves down, condition themselves, because they put higher priority on things not truth.

• Like 1

Candidate B eventually became Federal Chancellor of Germany and created a long track record of corruption and arrogance and insulting the common people.

Gerhard Schroeder?

Gerhard Schroeder?

Yep. The Putin/Gazprom buddy, and, of course, friend of the banks. And long before that he's been a crook. Probably also faked his vita. There's a guy, Hans-Joachim Selenz, who wrote a lot about Wild West in the executive levels of business and his own accounts of corruption in the board of directors. Schröder is just like the many others who make it to the top these days. Rotten to the core.

Right now I remember there was an article on the net about Ackermann from Deutsche Bank and Schröder suggesting a bailout plan in the case of a financial crisis, involving a "bad bank", and that was the year 2003 or so! Total déjà vu to find something that old while the same shit was going on AGAIN.

• Like 1