Owledge

How common is perceivable energy movement in the head among you?

I had a strange (possible) realization lately, but first I'd like to ask how many of you have what I have - a frequent feeling of some kind of energy flowing around the third eye and/or forehead or somewhere there, a bit as if your blood was magnetically moved around.

A former 'Kunlun Nei Gung buddy' told me that's common and not to be focused on.

In any way, what I thought is: While according to a Ba Zi analysis, me being prosperous wood, probably dry due to much fire, I should seek out water and not put so much fire into my head, fire in my head is what developed my mind so well, and people with an overabundance of their day master element are supposed to be giving anyway. So I am now considering that I have given that overabundance of wood as fuel for a sustainable bright fire in my head.

That magnetic feeling in my head has been there - on and off - ever since I received a red phoenix transmission from Max, the phenomenon itself quite marvelous/special in my dull life, sitting there in plain sight and accompanying me through many years, not fading - kind of like Max said, you continue your training where you left off.

Over the years I've come to resent the idea of creating balance in all your skillsets, especially when you cannot afford that luxury. Success often comes from focusing on your strengths. This might be unwise only when you cannot rely on other people. Sadly that might be the case with me, but I am hesitant to build on that, because lack of support from others around me also means I don't have the energy to become an allround master.

I am considering to continue a focused practice of red phoenix (especially since certain symbology might point me towards that) and amplify that strength of the mind. As above so below, so by trying to balance these things out, I might only be tying my feet in the dull middle, when instead I should build up an extreme in order to create a breakthrough, an opening that then can balance things out.

Playing with extremes fits my true self very much anyway.

Edited by Owledge

It is an interesting topic.

More here. http://thetaobums.com/topic/36844-dharmawheel-pressure-between-the-eyebrows-bad-advice/#

It is funny that you tied it into the Red Phoenix. Many people have experienced this phenomenon and very few of them if any have heard of Kunlun or the Red Phoenix.

It is a third eye phenomenon.

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

For me, it often occurs when I relax, like breathing a sigh, but also at other times I can't really define. It's active right now. Between and above the eyebrows it sometimes is even as much as a slight sensation of cool air (which became very distinct during an ayahuasca ceremony, all the way through my head). It usually wavers and fluctuates, moves across different regions in my head, mostly superficial - third eye, unicorn point, top of the head. In the relatively little Red Phoenix practice I did, I could never manage to perceivable direct the energy through the middle of the brain. I only felt activity near the surface of the skull.

Again, I am compelled to appreciate it greatly, because of so many things over the years that came and then vaporised instead of building up, despite all my efforts, this sensation is something out of the ordinary, and I was a careless (non-)practictioner and it still stuck with me all that time, not fading one bit. For me personally, that's pretty cool. In that way, that mere symptom is more of an encouraging and spirit-strengthening influence than many supposed friends. I have great respect for things that are persistent, and Max did it with a mere touch. (Although getting to that point was a tale of woe.)

Now I have to see whether it's different than last time where when I tried to focus more on Red Phoenix practice, tiredness ensued. (I have motivational problems more than ever.)