C T

The Engineering of Consent

I'm glad the video was only 10 minutes as I was inclined to watch it but I'd seen enough after even a few minutes.

I would say it is techno-political speak for 'brainwashing'.

I am with Marblehead... no surprise... seems a duh to me... but in fact, the masses are probably complacent about whether it is going on and true or not.

@CT: What is your position?

• Like 1

I'm glad the video was only 10 minutes as I was inclined to watch it but I'd seen enough after even a few minutes.

I would say it is techno-political speak for 'brainwashing'.

I am with Marblehead... no surprise... seems a duh to me... but in fact, the masses are probably complacent about whether it is going on and true or not.

@CT: What is your position?

I think there is a resemblance to brainwashing, but not exactly it - this is something subtler and more sinister, and definitely more complex, but highly effective. There is no force involved, yet the subliminal suggestive messages yield instant result, as evidenced in that part of the video about a certain cigarette company wanting to 'convert' more women to smoking. The change was effected almost instantaneously (overnight, to be precise).

You are right, this comes as no surprise, but who can say for certain they are not being swayed in one direction or another by unseen urgings? Are those that resist not subject to another kind of suggestive input as well?

Who is really free?

• Like 1

I think there is a resemblance to brainwashing, but not exactly it - this is something subtler and more sinister, and definitely more complex, but highly effective. There is no force involved, yet the subliminal suggestive messages yield instant result, as evidenced in that part of the video about a certain cigarette company wanting to 'convert' more women to smoking. The change was effected almost instantaneously (overnight, to be precise).

You are right, this comes as no surprise, but who can say for certain they are not being swayed in one direction or another by unseen urgings? Are those that resist not subject to another kind of suggestive input as well?

Who is really free?

Exactly... I guess I could just *like* the post and leave it at that, but it is subtle and sinister !

Who is really free?

Ah... those who 'see and operate' outside the engineering...

I grew up outside of Washington DC... pick up a Post paper any day and the first few pages were all crime... When i went into the military and went to Nebraska (at the time, I wondered if that was even in the US)... and the neighboring winds of Okie from Muskogee are inhaled enough... you almost shutter at the idea of returning east.... but I did... and then headed north for a decade.... and now south for close to that...

The prevailing winds are what they are... We just find our destined course and leave such worldly endeavors to their own devices... anyways, that is my feeling.

There is nothing particularly new about this, they used to call it rhetoric, an art whose rules were codified in ancient Greece. That we now have many more avenues for influencing people is true, but does not change the fact that the manipulation of people through "engineered consent" has been a well known practice for millennia. The "hack" was described by Plato among others.

The only real protection is self knowledge, to know what you believe and why you believe it.

• Like 5

Yeah.. I've been aware of this most of my life, though I didn't know what it was called till just now..

Democracy does seem to be the least of all the evils, though. At least people have some say in what happens.

Jetsun posted an interesting video yesterday called 'Wiped 2014'. It says that the masses are continually being duped silly by the 'powerful' using tactics of disorientation to keep undermining people's confidence so that they dont know what to believe anymore. Its like walking on a floor where the carpet keeps going forwards and back, and sideways too. Might explain why awareness level is destabilised. Its 'their' intention to keep it down for obvious reasons.