Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Discussion on the Absolute Present

Discussion on the Absolute Present

This thread is intended to explore the essence of the Absolute Present, Now, or Instant beyond time,...and space. There is no Present anywhere in space. Space does not exist separate from time.

I intend to post ideas relative to the Present, in this thread, continually,...as to afford an easier access to the discussion,...a sort of repository for the Present.

Any experience that arises out of time is not the present....but the past,...and occasionally the future. A predominately sentient being cannot experience the Now. Sentience (perception through the 6 senses of form) only perceive movement. There is no movement in the Present. Forty years ago I realized that actually nothing ever moves,…not a single millimeter in all eternity. What sentience perceive as movement is the illusion of things reproducing themselves at 186k mps to simulate the movement of phenomena.

(Realizing the Present is a profound shift, such as implied in Harry Nilsson’s fable of Oblio’s leaving the Land of Point, where everyone was required by law to have a point, and everything had to have a point. The people or sheeple in the Land of Point are similar to those of Ping Wu’s Valley of the Blind; they are all stuck within a belief system that they cling to for their identity.)

Time is One. A direct experience of that fact can be realized. In the mid-80's I was involved in research both solo, and with others,...on numerous occasions. Time is One.

Lao Tzu said, "The Tao gives birth to One. One gives birth to yin and yang. Yin and yang give birth to all things." The Tao, like Undivided Light, is synonymous with Timelessness,...the Present. One is the whole of time,…the whole of the electro-magnetic field. While Yang-Yin is an unawareness of time as One. Sentient beings mostly view time contractively,…as Yang,…which is actually a burden for the Planet, and humankind. Imagine the heaviness of 7 billion contractive, sentient beings upon the World.

Non-dual awareness is as if having been immersed in a suspended colloidal condition that rests between realities, as if one were water that had been stirred quickly in a pail and then suddenly converged into an expansiveness as the direction of the spin changed. Expansive awareness is a characteristic of Yin.

Lao Tzu said, "Time and space are changing and dissolving, not fixed and real. Dualistic thinking is a sickness. Religion is a distortion. Materialism is cruel. Blind spirituality is unreal. Recognize that everything you see and think is a falsehood, an illusion, a veil over the truth." Hua Hu Ching, Forty Eight

Non-dual awareness leads awareness to Oneness,…but Oneness is simply an attribute of Duality,…neither of which are real. To have a One, there must be a Many; a Here, necessitates a There; there is no Center without a Boundary. Oneness is really no closer to the Tao than Yang-Yin. Remember,…time is One. Yang-Yin is viewing divided or multiplied time as separate bands within the field.

There is no Present in time.

There is no Consciousness in time.

Everything you truly want, is in the Present.

• Like 2

I was wondering when you would return to this concept.

I hope it results in a good discussion.

I also would wonder how the concept applies if we do not consider the planet Earth and all its living creatures, especially humans.

To what extent do you consider Eckhardt Tolle's work (power of now..etc.,) to be good source?

Like many I consider it a new spin on old Buddhist awareness teaching.

To what extent do you consider Eckhardt Tolle's work (power of now..etc.,) to be good source?

Like many I consider it a new spin on old Buddhist awareness teaching.

Having seen some of Tolle's newer Youtubes (2014), his offering is getting better IMO. However, he still clings to theism for his identity,...and thus is obviously not a fully enlightened being.

"A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real." Vajradhara Buddha

And yes,...it's all a new spin on old Buddhist awareness teaching. Some with me. Even though I type out about my experiences,...they're just regurgitations of Prajnaparamita.

My fun here,...is in exploring different wordage to talk about what should be the most important subject for humanity,...Who are You.

For me, the answer to Who Are You, lies in the inquiry, ...When are You, or Where are You.

I read Tolle's Power of Now in 1999,...and although disappointed,...it seems typical.

“The mind cannot comprehend an entirely new idea until a corresponding vibratory brain cell has been prepared to receive it.” Charles F. Haanel

Tolle has been preparing minds.

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 1

I was wondering when you would return to this concept.

I hope it results in a good discussion.

I also would wonder how the concept applies if we do not consider the planet Earth and all its living creatures, especially humans.

Although the term Present is a concept for the conditioned mind,...the absolute Present is not a concept.

Actually, the conditioned mind cannot adequately consider the Planet or its resident creature,...although it believes it does.

A comparison could be made with compassion. The realization of Buddhist compassion (as discussed in the Heart Sutra for example,...that is, how a bodhisattva sees), is beyond the conditioned mind, who are not aware of the Present, but living in a simulated reality, akin to a Hollywood film,...only cognizant of the past.

Steven Hawkings and Jim Hartle made an interesting observation in their No-Boundary theory,... that there is no singulaity, no Big Bang, no creation, or Creator, because there is no such thing as time.

If there is no such thing as time,...where and why does all this time stuff come from,...that conditions our identity?

"all matter is frozen or slowed down light" David Bohm

Sure, no problem,...However,...how does Undivided, Timeless Light become the divided time-driven light of the electromagnetic field?

There was lengthy thread on this,...titled What Is Light.

• Like 1

Steven Hawkings and Jim Hartle made an interesting observation in their No-Boundary theory,... that there is no singulaity, no Big Bang, no creation, or Creator, because there is no such thing as time.

I'm sure I know of Hartle but the name doesn't ring a bell. But I will state here that there are many things said by theoretical physicists that defy rational thinking and logic. Oh, sure, it works on paper using math. In the business world that is called "creative accounting".

And I do still hold to the theory of the Big Bang and that time and space were the first things to come into existence.

Without time and space everything Einstein said is wrong.

Without time and space everything Darwin said is wrong.

However, both the above have been proven to be correct in their understandings.

Yes, I recall the other thread. You prefer the concept of "Light" and I prefer the concept of "Energy".

And while there is validity in your concept that we are living in the past, I suggest that the time difference is of no importance.

But I don't know where compassion fits into this discussion.

I'm sure I know of Hartle but the name doesn't ring a bell. But I will state here that there are many things said by theoretical physicists that defy rational thinking and logic. Oh, sure, it works on paper using math. In the business world that is called "creative accounting".

And I do still hold to the theory of the Big Bang and that time and space were the first things to come into existence.

Yes, I recall the other thread. You prefer the concept of "Light" and I prefer the concept of "Energy".

And while there is validity in your concept that we are living in the past, I suggest that the time difference is of no importance.

But I don't know where compassion fits into this discussion.

A bodhisattva is called a person of pure compassion,...how a bodhisattva "sees" is the subject of the Heart Sutra,...that is to say, pure compassion is an effortless consequence of seeing like a bodhisattva.

How a bodhisattva "sees" is based on Zero,...however, zero upsets the logic of the Aristotelian mindset,...which is the condition under most peoples thinking. Aristotelian logic is based on One,...like the Gregorian calendar.

Next,...using reverse order in this reply. There are Two aspects of light. Divided light, which includes the whole of the electromagnetic field, and all energy,...thus in the past. And Undivided Light, which contains no mass, no energy, no time,...and is in the Present.

Aristotelian logic needs a beginning and end to make its logic palatable,...remember, Aristotelian logic begins with One. It is from Aristotelian logic that a God was invented. In Taoism and Buddhism there is no beginning or end,...no Big Bang. For science, the Big Bang is only a possibly,...it is not a fact. Science got very close,...and then say "it must be a Big Bang," ...we're science,...so you sheeple must believe in our beliefs.

If a Big Bang existed,...Taoism and Buddhism are BS.

But as someone said,...THE "BIG BANG" IS JUST RELIGION DISGUISED AS SCIENCE. There is no evidence of a Big Bang,...just assumptions that what they think they know leads to it.

Physics/math models describing a universe with no big bang, no beginning, and no end, are actually much more elegant that the Beginning/end models.

Here's a different point of view:

http://guardianlv.com/2014/09/scientist-believes-black-holes-do-not-exist/

What is true, is the Present. And there is no Present in time. There is no Consciousness in time. There is no energy in the Tao,...the Tao does not come and go.

For me,...these are not concepts.

Edited by Vmarco
  • Like 1

Nice response. I, of course, have my disagreements.

A bodhisattva is called a person of pure compassion,...how a bodhisattva "sees" is the subject of the Heart Sutra,...that is to say, pure compassion is an effortless consequence of seeing like a bodhisattva.

I am not capable of being that.

How a bodhisattva "sees" is based on Zero,...however, zero upsets the logic of the Aristotelian mindset,...which is the condition under most peoples thinking. Aristotelian logic is based on One,...like the Gregorian calendar.

I can comprehend zero but the problem is is that it is without value. If the balance in your checking account is zero then your checking account is without value.

Next,...using reverse order in this reply. There are Two aspects of light. Divided light, which includes the whole of the electromagnetic field, and all energy,...thus in the past. And Undivided Light, which contains no mass, no energy, no time,...and is in the Present.

But you are talking about Singularity with your Undivided Light. Singularity was before the Big Bang and I nor you or anyone else can go there. It no longer exists.

Aristotelian logic needs a beginning and end to make its logic palatable,...remember, Aristotelian logic begins with One. It is from Aristotelian logic that a God was invented. In Taoism and Buddhism there is no beginning or end,...no Big Bang. For science, the Big Bang is only a possibly,...it is not a fact. Science got very close,...and then say "it must be a Big Bang," ...we're science,...so you sheeple must believe in our beliefs.

Lao Tzu speaks of a beginning. Chuang Tzu speaks of a beginning. Buddhists do not speak of a beginning.

And I'm sure you aren't telling me that all the astronomers and cosmologists are all wrong about the Big Bang. That would be hard for me to deal with.

If a Big Bang existed,...Taoism and Buddhism are BS.

No, only Buddhism. And Christianity and all the other religions that have a creation MYTH.

But as someone said,...THE "BIG BANG" IS JUST RELIGION DISGUISED AS SCIENCE. There is no evidence of a Big Bang,...just assumptions that what they think they know leads to it.

I must suggest that that "someone" had their head squarely up their ass. If it was you then I apologize for my crudeness.

Physics/math models describing a universe with no big bang, no beginning, and no end, are actually much more elegant that the Beginning/end models.

Oh!, sure, they are pretty, idealistic and full of crap.

What is true, is the Present. And there is no Present in time. There is no Consciousness in time. There is no energy in the Tao,...the Tao does not come and go.

For me,...these are not concepts.

Oh My! You exceeded my expectations with that one.

I think it is time you stop reading Buddhist philosophy.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this