Sign in to follow this  
deci belle

Strange and August Ways

The secret brilliance of one's transcendent nature is an inherently robust and rustic capacity for impersonal acceptance of the impersonal reality of things consistent with karmically generative formal multiplicity.

Unity isn't just the perspective of the absolute. But paying lip-service to reasonable and logical notions of Universal Good is just a matter of intellectualism. The power of inherent buddha-nature is literally your own eyes right now. It is a pity that people cannot wake up.

Eternity is just this fathomless multiplicity in a word, in a thing, in a lifetime, in a universe. It is fascinating, but so what? The secret of one's inherent transcendent nature is awakening to reality as the authentically complete acceptance of what is as is regardless of circumstances. This does not admit of fascination rooted in the particular nor the vastness of space. Fascination in one is fascination in the totality. Why? There is no end to the one fascinated nor the one fascinating. They are the same. Ultimately, there is nothing to differentiate between self and other. Acceptance of the one is acceptance of totality.

It's already you. There is no need to linger in fascinations comprising the nature and situational manifestations constituting eternity. This is the seductive quality of the killing energy of the karmic matrix. One's narcissistic relationship with its creative multiplicity cannot be rationalized romantically and emotionally as wonder because it is really paralyzing numbness compounding moment by moment.

When you see reality as yourself objectively, impersonally, you transcend both at once. There is no way to transcend one or the other since both are the essential manifestation of Suchness. So it makes sense that subsequent to seeing reality, there is nothing to linger on.

If you consider yourself awakened and you still find yourself lingering on phenomena, it would do well to reconsider your assessment of the nature of self-awakening. The habit of lusting after glinting potential in objects is the lure of one's own residual killing enregy no different than the nature of creative evolution. No one has lost their aptitude for applying their tiger-eyes, but how many of us have the effective use of our buddha-eyes?

This is due to acquired energy. Acquired energy IS our tiger-eyes.

Arriving on the path of prior illuminates in actuality is in looking back to observe the aftermath of stepping over the whole of eternity. It's the description of presence being where you're at beyond the influence of karmic fascinations.

Eternity is creation, not your nature. Seeing reality is the perspective of Unity perpetually awaiting the timing of evolution. Yes, this is the path of prior illuminates where the nature of the gradual has transformed from effort reversing the flow of going along to a spontaneous perpetual acceptance of the incipient upwelling at the pivot of awareness: this is the aperture of the Mysterious Female. It's not a place relative to anything. Aperture is a codeword for the perspective characteristic of the nature of its seeing. Its seeing is characteristic of Unity: mysterious/yang; female/yin. In stepping over eternity one assumes the characteristic of unified awareness. It does not depend on sudden enlightenment.

In other words, the function of enlightening being is not dependent on awakening to its essential nature, which is already as it is. Even awakening isn't dependent on anything; it is just one's reaching a tipping-point in aggregating the critical mass of potential severing the root of the karmic compulsion to act.

Your nature is the nature of awareness, which is not created. That which is not created comprises the path of prior illuminates having stepped over the whole of eternity.

Eternity is about 100mm wide~ the distance between your own two eyes; it's just a trickle, really. REALLY. JUST STEP OVER IT.

But it is first necessary to see it as it is. In order to do that, one must be able to see reality in the first place. How? This is made possible by the breadth of the secret brilliance of one's transcendent nature being the inherently robust and rustic capacity for impersonal acceptance of the impersonal reality of things consistent with karmically generative formal multiplicity.

It's already you, right now— forget it already— just be done with it for all time!!

Be done with fascinations forever glinting in the unfathomable depth trickling at the juxtaposition of the end of the road of universal acceptance and the timing of letting go. When you yourself become the crossroads of before, after, acceptance and release presently and perpetually arising at its creative incipience, your perspective is the impersonal subtle observation witnessing the spark of the totality of fascination by virtue of each situation in its time without attachments. The taoist alchemical term, stealing potential, is witnessing this spark, over and over and over in actual everyday ordinary situations.

This is not wonderful at all— it's just stepping over eternity— stepping over it means you do not entertain personal speculation in its multifarious permutations. In stepping over eternity, you have gathered the polluted unrefined elixir. Seal this away in secrecy void of intellectualism and rumination.

This is the visage of the all-at-once perpetually in the midst of the gradual, embodied as the function of your own enlightening being. Don't make the mistake of thinking you do this. It is simply a matter of witnessing your having passed through a situational evolution that has no power to touch you.

When the time arrives, it is not a matter of coming or going, movement or stillness. "Passing through" is just a figure of speech. When it arrives, there is already nothing left. Actually, in terms of arrival, the Unborn is refreshed. This is the spiritual power of one's subtle operation transcending yin and yang in terms of created cycles of karmic evolution. It is simply a matter of seeing the nature of sameness.

As I said above, there is no end to the one fascinated nor the one fascinating. They are the same. Ultimately, there is nothing to differentiate between self and other. Acceptance of the one is acceptance of totality. "Stealing potential" is the spontaneous transformation of energy from its subsequent state to its primal state within you in terms of your functional abiding in the nature of selfless Unity within the evolution of times, places, situations and events.

I'm sorry if it sounds like spiritual mumbo-jumbo, but it's just how it is and no one knows why. If you know it is the way it is in its inconceivability, then you partake of the transcendent nature of the real in the knowledge that there is nothing at all to know. And that is why you do not entertain fascinations: since there is, in fact, nothing to know, why on earth act in complicity with fascinations in the first place?!!

poofs! Suddenly, it appears as it ever was, whatever it was …amounting to nothing.

Just step over in one stride and abide in the illuminated as you were without beginning. Until this attainment is re-enacted for all eternity and becomes the perpetual alternation of one's practice, how can one be said to be free of mundanity while in its midst?

The strange has no power over the August Way of perpetually refreshing primal Mind. That fact is not good or bad. Even so, it is by virtue of the formation of the strange that the August is manifest formlessly by the subtlety of enlightening observation. Seeing this is made possible by not tarrying over fascinations of the formal.

Seeing reality as it is without attachment to objects, people, situations and events is dispensing with fascinations relative to the formal. Again, until this attainment is re-enacted for all eternity and becomes the perpetual alternation of one's practice, how can one be said to be free of mundanity while in its midst?

Clearly, it is in fascination with the spark of strangenesses that one becomes enamored of bondage with its nature, which is karmic. See this sickness for what it is and wake up to its killing energy.

Once you wake up to reality, and maintain a consistency of subtle observation over the aperture of awareness for a long, long time, you will find that the allure of the strange has no power over the August Way of perpetually refreshing primal Mind.

What makes things seem strange and alluring is personal ignorance of the essential nature of reality, which is neither different nor the same. Just this is already your nature, so don't enact complicity with mundane fascination to personally create entanglements with objects, people, situations and events where they never existed to begin with.

ed note: change "Goodness" to "Good" in 2nd paragraph; hot-rod 7th paragraph; typo in 8th paragraph; add "…within the evolution of times, places, situations and events" at end of 19th paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 4

This is good. Thank you.

it is just one's reaching a tipping-point in aggregating the critical mass of potential severing the root of the karmic compulsion to act.

Yes.

I feel that if too much karma is left not dealt with there is an inevitable descent back into personal consciousness to resume participation in the narrative of self. For me the personal consciousness became the object of meditation and the content of the narrative lost its magnetism. There was no longer much of an "I" in the events, just an impersonal stream of events unpopulated by a belief in doers. In a passive way, the consciousness contemplated the consciousness. Objects and obstacles disappeared. Things vanished and became fields of universal happening. The personal laws of cause-effect crumbled and were replaced by a holism that moved and helped further unwinding. Eventually a different critical mass was reached. A sickness took over and the personal consciousness found food with which to grow strong again. The narrative resumed with myself at the center as the thinker, strategizer, doer, etc. I saw this happening and agreed with myself that a deeper integration and knowledge of the world was necessary. I had cast off the story before tying up important loose ends. Now I'm just tangled in all the loose ends and realizing there really is no tying things up without total courage, which I lack.

Edited by Yasjua
  • Like 1

I saw this happening and agreed with myself that a deeper integration and knowledge of the world was necessary

That and the subsequent narrative are indicative of much honesty, not to mention insight, Yasjua.

I wouldn't give what you are referring to as courage a second thought, in my estimation. You have all you need to continue this.

I dare say one's "tying up loose ends" is simply a matter of treading the gradual path of self-refinement. There is no finality in this regard, as the sudden and the gradual are one without beginning. Before and after in terms of realization are a formality. Reality is a singularity~ it is mind. Just continue as you were. There is no one to accomplish this tying up. The world is unravelling as you meet it intimately; ultimately there will be/is nothing left to loosen or gather. In going on, it is only creation itself fully displayed. In terms of Unity, essential stable awareness has no coming or going whether in holding firm or releasing in the midst of ordinary affairs.

The quote I pasted from your post above is absolutely where it's at. This aspect has no end. With open hands, accept your function and take the forward step, gathering or releasing according to the time.

May I be so bold as to recommend a small thin volume called Cultivating the Empty Field, by Hongzi (1091~1157). Translated by Daniel Leighton ISBN: 0-86547-475-3 (pbk); 0-86547-474-5 (hdbk).

It helped me a lot, at this stage. Also, my response in some places has the flavor of Hongzi's message.

ed note: add book reference

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this