johndoe2012

Method for sitting with masters

I got this idea from someone, didn't invent it myself.

The idea is a master / guru / teacher has a certain vibration. Each individual has a distinct flavor, one you can use to work in that particular "direction".

It could be stillness or movement, just two examples.

From youtube you can extract the audio from the videos of masters speaking or just being silent.

This audio you play all the time on silent on e.g. your phone. You don't need to listen to it or be aware of it or anything.

I tried today using a darshan blessing from an individual with stillness in their heart. Very powerful stuff.

Being with them physically or speaking live is better but the audio I find is the next best thing.

• Like 2

When practising Za-zen in the Sosen-ji in Kyoto, I found that sitting right next to the master was really helpful. I think it was due to my resonating with his aura - or maybe I just didn't want to look like an idiot. :D

• Like 2

That sounds funny...
It seems to me this is following the leader. I am no master. Last Tuesday, I had the students doing Zazen at the last fifteen minutes after a 45 minutes of continuous Tai Ji. I opened my eyes and took a peek, it seems I was following their vibes to do the meditation. Unconsciously and naturally, I had to close my eyes immediately.