Hunter X Hunter

wind

gone like

gon

from hunter x hunter

see ya

Edited by skydog
  • Like 1

The funny thing about all this metaphysical / spiritual stuff, is that Everybody is sure they have the answer! Doesn't matter whether you're born in Australia, Japan, China, U.S., India - everyone is just sure that their path is the true path and I guess it's just natural to want to have everyone else 'see' that their position is the correct one and that everyone would benefit from it.

What I've finally decided is that we All have the right answer. It's just a question of getting down to it, to get to the point where we can transcend (perhaps not the right word) any given path. I always equate it to a wagon wheel where the hub in the middle is the joinder of any particular spoke that gets you there. Personally, I think that's what TTB's is all about. A big, huge human lapidary that sooner or later smoothes off our rough edges so that we can become, as it says in the TTC, as uncarved wood.

As to your clever scientist, Skydog - recall that the Dao does advise us to lose the cleverness, depending on which translation. Cleverness is knowledge with a big twist of ego.

• Like 3

What a strange thread. Didn't it start out to be something else, or am I going crazy?

I kinda missed the reference here.

Is Hunter X Hunter a TV show of a video game perhaps?

What a strange thread. Didn't it start out to be something else, or am I going crazy?

well hunter x hunter is a show about homeless boys running around practicing magick, so maybe Skydog was saying goodbye to do the same. i dont think it gets much deeper or has a direction, but more of a good bye

C'mon crazy nei gong enthusiasts where's your 10 000 punches a day commitment???

• Like 1

Hunter X Hunter starts off as any ordinary "anime" story, more or less. But as it progresses, it begins to train the characters in its own flavour of Qi Gong, complete with meditation, energetic sight, building and emitting power, and learning to utilize specialized types of energy techniques based on one's inherent five-phase make-up. This isn't just some show about characters with energy balls. The entire energy framework is explained and greatly parallels training in Qi Gong, and doesn't even happen until about 30 episodes in.

There's even an island that was purchased for the purposes of creating an energy game.... people who purchased this video game would be teleported to the island and could not leave until the game was beaten. The game was like any MMORPG, but set in real life, where Qi had been set to frame the manifestation of various spells used in the game's card system.

So... Hunter X Hunter, which is a show about those who train to become licensed "Hunters", is somewhat like a show where people train to become QiGong Masters, who then use their skills to benefit the world. The explorations of possibility within this very unique and complex world are as rich and rewarding as any Ursula K Leguin novel. Highly recommended.

Edited by Daeluin
  • Like 3

well, thanks for drawing my attention to this anime again (albeit cryptically), ive never watched it but it seems like its right up my alley