HoldorFold

The Polarity of the Heart

In Hermetics, it is said that the head of a man is magnetic and body is electric whereas the reverse is true for a woman. I've heard it mentioned on this forum that women have a "Yang mind" as well... which seems to fit in with that. I've read essays on how this manifests from a Hermetic perspective.

I just watched a video of a woman who practices Tantra, I believe, and she mentions that men have a negative polarity heart (Yin) which is supposed to receive whereas woman have a positive polarity heart (Yang) which gives... and then the genitals are Yang and Yin respectively.

Is there any writings about this in Taoism etc.? I can't seem to find anything about it relating to the polarity of the heart.

• Like 1

In Hermetics, it is said that the head of a man is magnetic and body is electric whereas the reverse is true for a woman. I've heard it mentioned on this forum that women have a "Yang mind" as well... which seems to fit in with that. I've read essays on how this manifests from a Hermetic perspective.

I just watched a video of a woman who practices Tantra, I believe, and she mentions that men have a negative polarity heart (Yin) which is supposed to receive whereas woman have a positive polarity heart (Yang) which gives... and then the genitals are Yang and Yin respectively.

Is there any writings about this in Taoism etc.? I can't seem to find anything about it relating to the polarity of the heart.

I have never heard that the heart is polarized.

She seems to have it reversed about the genitals.

Heart in TCM is one of the Zhang organs, yin when paired with it's Fu partner, the small intestine. I think you'd have to force square pegs into round holes to find the corollaries you're looking for. But then, we do have some pretty fine woodworkers here .... :-)

• Like 1

Hey HoldorFold :)

The way i understand the hermetic perspective of the heart is that it's electromagnetic, in both man and woman. The yin yang polarity of the heart depends on how the emotions are directed by Spirit, or Consciousness.