Sign in to follow this  
seadog

weather&energy

The spring full moon has just passed here in the southern hemisphere.I love this time of year.Lots of strong wind,black dark clouds interspersed with clear bright sunshine.Today was exceptional, winds over 100km an hour,big hail stones,powerful cold ocean waves that set your racing when you ride them.Today as I sat on my surfboard with wind in my hair and the hail blowing into my face I felt so good a single black and white tern flew over top me to see why I was laughing so much.So my question is how does the weather effect you?what weather patterns give you energy? what patterns quite you down,open you up, or make you run for cover?

The weather really effects me. Winter time I get gloomy but also like the snow and sleepyness of it. Spring I love the colours and everything is coming to live I feel energised. In summer I feel the full power of the suns energy but start to feel that there is too much energy and then I normally get a cold or something.

Autumn time is winding down I love the colours. I enjoy the changing of seasons best of all. I notice my diet really changes. Each season has different energy to offer.

The weather really effects me.

Me too. We had a week of rain last month, and I felt sooooo lethargic. It helps a lot if I can spend some time outside each day. I'm enjoying the change to autumn - love the warm days and cool nights!

i really like this thread. i have a very, very strong affinity for the weather patterns.

clear, hot, summer days tend to energize my ren and du channels (the microcosmic circuit), whereas inclement weather tends to stimulate my center line (thrusting vessel). being that i seem to be naturally predisposed to introversion, i find times of overcast and/or inclement weather to be more energizing.

i think that times of energetic introversion are when we are able to truly activate both the third eye AND the true dantien. well, i think it's true for me, anyway.

having said that,

i think that thunderstorms can be dangerous to cultivators. we attract and accumulate more energy than the average person, and that can prove to be a liability during a thunderstorm. i think the original imagery of the fire serpent/dragon was derived from bolts of lightning. i think that resistance in our bodies is what makes the thunder current dangerous to us. i think there have been masters who could invoke the dragon without injury to themselves and achieve instant illumination. i think it's an ancient shamanic practice.

and i think this is what chunyi lin was hinting at in his book when he talked about letting a 120-volt charge pass through his body without injury as a part of his test for mastery from his shaolin teacher. not that he was in a thunderstorm, but that he's aware of this type of practice.

...and just to get on a soapbox for a quick minute:

i think some people in this forum have severely underestimated chunyi lin's wisdom and attainment. the simplicity with which he offers it should not overshadow the subtleties in his teachings.

okay, i'm done.

:)

The silence and "sinking" feeling. Birds hiding in trees, everything kind of holds its breath.

The sea changes colour from bluish to cox.

The wind enters from the horizon towards us, the rippling and hissing of the sea.

The wind "hits" all. I'll run to any plane or top jump and do big circular movements until I'm almost lifted off the ground. I will get down in time before lightening strikes.

I saw a man in a boat die being struck by lightening. My brother survived with an electr drill in the sea because the fuses blew. Tree times I've had electric currents run through my body due to stupidity. (Do not attempt to remove a cracked 25 ampere/230V fuse, do not confuse the electr socket with the telephone's and stick a metal object into it, hahaha, and do look under the lampshade before you try to remove the already removed lightbulb.)

I'll run to any plane or top jump and do big circular movements until I'm almost lifted off the ground.

YES! YES! YES! Beautiful image of flight! These are the times... <sigh>

Sign in to follow this