sean

Old Training Blogs Revived!

Well it seems by popular demand, the old discussion-based training journals are back. Feel free to give me your feedback about this change, either right here on the ongoing thread Regarding Forum Complexity.

Sorry for all the confusion and musical chairs with the forum lately. Things are still very much in flux, but are bound to settle down again soon.

I really appreciate everyone's patience and feedback.

Sean.

Well it seems by popular demand, the old discussion-based training journals are back. Feel free to give me your feedback about this change, either right here on the ongoing thread Regarding Forum Complexity.

2341[/snapback]

Now I've got to decide which one to keep live! Do I move the Blog posts to the Practice Discussion and just use that, or use both? Decisions decisions!

Started looking at moving from Blog to forum and thought about it losing the entry titles (bad) but would keep better tracking of replies (good), but can't really transfer other peoples posts except as quotes (badish). That seems to be in favour of not doing it, but I think it would be better as forum posts, just cant rationalise why (except for attaching more importance to not missing posts)

I don't know. What's everyone else going to do I wonder.

Now I've got to decide which one to keep live! Do I move the Blog posts to the Practice Discussion and just use that, or use both? Decisions decisions!

Started looking at moving from Blog to forum and thought about it losing the entry titles (bad) but would keep better tracking of replies (good), but can't really transfer other peoples posts except as quotes (badish). That seems to be in favour of not doing it, but I think it would be better as forum posts, just cant rationalise why (except for attaching more importance to not missing posts)

I don't know. What's everyone else going to do I wonder.

2343[/snapback]

Yeah I know. I've been pondering the same thing. I think I will use my Blog in the future the way Lezlie is doing, to log boring repetitive shit like food and exercise journals. Whereas I'll use the Practice Discussion forum to discuss parts of my practice I have questions or insights about.

I will use my Blog in the future the way Lezlie is doing, to log boring repetitive shit like food and exercise journals. Whereas I'll use the Practice Discussion forum to discuss parts of my practice I have questions or insights about

Yeah, that could work. Use the blog when not inviting others to comment. Good plan.

In an effort to make the Personal Practice Discussion forum a little more like a personal blog, particularly in the sense that members have more control over their journal threads, I've moved the journal post(s) of every member that has been active in their journal in the last 30 days or so into a new subforum with their member name and given them moderator priveleges of it..

This means that you rule your subforum. -_-

You can make as many topics in there as you see fit, you can make polls, pin/unpin topics to always stay at the top, close/open topics to end discussion in them, and even delete topics/posts by you or any other member.

It's late so I don't have time to document a how-to for all of this tonight, but it's not too hard so mess around with things, feel free to ask a bunch of questions and please give me feedback with any comments/criticisms about this decision. I figured it'd be easier to just implement it so we can play with this setup and then decide yay or nay rather than try to explain it and figure out in our heads if it would be cool or not.

How do we get premission to start our own blogs?

Or how do we make entries? It seems I have one now but it's blank and I don't see an entry button?

Edited by vortex

How do we get premission to start our own blogs?

Or how do we make entries? It seems I have one now but it's blank and I don't see an entry button?

Hey, did you ever figure this out? Let me know if you need help setting up your blog, sorry for the slow response. Also, I can create a subforum for you in the Personal Practice Discussion. That is the way most members have been sharing their personal stuff lately. Lemme know.

I can create a subforum for you in the Personal Practice Discussion. That is the way most members have been sharing their personal stuff lately.

I'm in the process of being shown how to set these up so if you want your own Personal Practice subforum send me a PM and I'll create one for you.

I can also move in threads so you can also start a thread in Personal Practice Discussion if you want a bit of google privacy while you are waiting and I can then move them over later

I've got 2 perhaps 3 people waiting currently so you should start to see some action soon.