Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Truth, dagger, stings.. quotes.. Buddha, who can help?

I am looking for a certain terminology used in Buddhism (if I recall correctly) of an inner state of mind, of spirit that seeks truth and knows it to be like a dagger. Penetrating everything like pure light of consciousness. Phurba are the ritual dagger in Buddhism.

I came across a quote about truth, how it stings and was referred to said dagger, penetrating etc..

Was it "one way" to reach enlightenment? Sect or niche in Buddhism.. I cant precisely recall it that's why I ask here..

Can anyone make sense out of this?

Edited by 4bsolute

You cannot earn liberation. I have not earned liberation. No one will ever earn liberation. You cannot become good enough or work hard enough or be sincere enough to deserve it. Liberation has not happened to me and it will not happen to you. Yet there is liberation. There is only ever liberation. Perfection is already here. What you are is already divine.

Searching will not get you anywhere, but there is nothing wrong with searching. In this apparent process it may be heard that searching is meaningless,…but searching cannot be given up until it stops. Then it is over and it is seen that what you were searching for has always been with you, in fact it has always been what you are.

But to suggest that you give up searching in order to find is pointless. It does not matter whether you get drunk, meditate, read the paper, sit with the guru or go to the races. None of these will make liberation any more or any less likely. The question of ‘whether to search or not to search’, misses the point. For there is no one who can choose to do any of these things. If meditation happens, it happens and it will go on happening until it does not. It is the same for getting drunk. You may as well give up the belief that you can choose anything.

Except that you cannot do that either.

Until it happens.

Richard Sylvester

• Like 1

?

Original question : Was it "one way" to reach enlightenment ? Can anyone make sense out of this?

Reply : As above

Edited by ThisLife
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this