mewtwo

Crazy wisdom and smarts?

So if you ever met me in real life you would know I am weird. I attribute this to my high intellect. Thoughts on crazy wisdom and smarts?

Anywho story time

So I was at a dinner with my friends and I was saying that I blend in with normal people as well as a chameleon does with its surrounding. My friends were like we love you and don't ever change but you blend in as well as a cheetah would with cows.

Anyone else in here play the mad fool?

Same with me man. My very closest group of friends and my family know how weird I am. I don't even know perhaps it's your spiritual practice that makes you more of a whole person and thus able to fit in. For me personally, I'm just not caught up in myself enough to give a crap what other people think of me. Also, I lack very little standards for other people other than myself. I think that helps people relate to me. Though, I can sit there at thanksgiving now and yuck it up with everyone. It's funny I enjoy people but consider myself a loner. I just entertain myself more I think. You ever hear of the fool card in tarot. You were mentioning crazy wisdom and it reminded me of it. Sometimes, I feel how that's how my journey has been and the fact I have a dog. The fool is represented by a 0. Funny thing 0 or o is infinite via pie (3.14...). I think the fools journey or the o can be seen as an individuals journey to fullness or full circle so to speak. I was thinking how the flower of life iconography represented by little interconnected circles represents the infinite in each person as well as the interconnected nature of our species. Additionally, when you get the church wafer they also represent it with a circle. Anyway, here is that blurb on tarot:

The Fool is the spirit in search of experience. He represents the mystical cleverness bereft of reason within us, the childlike ability to tune into the inner workings of the world. The sun shining behind him represents the divine nature of the Fool's wisdom and exuberance, holy madness or 'crazy wisdom'. On his back are all the possessions he might need. In his hand there is a flower, showing his appreciation of beauty. He is frequently accompanied by a dog, sometimes seen as his animal desires, sometimes as the call of the "real world", nipping at his heels and distracting him. He is seemingly oblivious that he is walking toward a precipice, apparently about to step off. One of the keys to the card is the paradigm of the precipice, Zero and the sometimes represented oblivious Fool's near-step into the oblivion (The Void) of the jaws of a crocodile, for example, are all mutually informing polysemy within evocations of the iconography of The Fool. The staff is the offset and complement to the void and this in many traditions represents wisdom and renunciation, e.g. 'danda' (Sanskrit) of a Sanyassin, 'danda' (Sanskrit) is also a punctuation mark with the function analogous to a 'full-stop' which is appropriately termed a period in American English. The Fool is both the beginning and the end, neither and otherwise, betwixt and between, liminal.

The number 0 is a perfect significator for the Fool, as it can become anything when he reaches his destination as in the sense of 'joker's wild'. Zero plus anything equals the same thing. Zero times anything equals zero.[18]Zero is nothing, a lack of hard substance, and as such it may reflect a non-issue or lack of cohesiveness for the subject at hand.

Wisdom is to know that you know nothing and as for being weird: I like who I am so it's everyone else's problem not mine :D

That doesn't mean I don't try to be a chameleon but sometimes my roll is to be weird and that's ok.

Possibly 'Eccentric' here, some of my former students have described me thus in the past.

That said there's a saying here in England ...

"If you are poor you are called crazy but if you are rich you're eccentric."

Now I'm a poor pensioner maybe I'm crazy.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

At one point or another in my life, I've probably been thought of as each one of these synonyms by someone or other (including myself).

I don't really fit the mold expected of me by most of my colleagues and friends.

I see it as a sign of mental health and awareness.

• Like 1

Anyone else in here play the mad fool?

Nope. Nobody notices me. I like it like that.

Btw, weren't you the one who recently wrapped himself up in a toga and then came here to ask what the wrapping method was called?

• Like 1

Describing yourselves as weird is interesting and worth looking up what the word means. It is probably applicable to most members of the forum in one way or another. :D Synonyms for weird
adj odd, bizarre

/snip/

thesauraus.com is a lot of fun! But, I'm more than a little

at the amount of work you put into that post. Bravo!

• Like 1

Your crazy wisdom looks like arogancy

How so? please explain?

Nope. Nobody notices me. I like it like that.

Btw, weren't you the one who recently wrapped himself up in a toga and then came here to ask what the wrapping method was called?

Yes yes I was and I still have yet to see what the wrapping method was called. toga was my best guess but no one has said if it is like a sarong or shawl or what.

• Like 1