ivar3

What can a beginner do to maximize his grounding? :)

:) I'm a newbie here. I did semen retention once and got really really grounded (I think it's the right word) - (a kind of innate unreactiveness and unscattering of vision, thoughts and consciousness).

Meditation - calms the mind, I guess practicing an unreactiveness to thoughts but this is abolutely nothing compared to the extreme semen retention experience I had. I see it as forced grounding of the mind. Agree?

Zhan zhuang - Heat (blod) comfortable circulates, making me feel more refreshed after. Is that what you mean when you say qi? Increases my physical energy.

[i call it] Preventing energy leaks along with deep breathing - which is my attempt to carry over Zhan zhuang to every-day-life. Basically relaxing the muscles fully (which is easy with deep breathing). E.g when I notice tension somewhere, I breathe deep, it relaxes. It results in feeling more refreshed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So as mentioned, these techniques makes me feel "refreshed" and physically energized as if I want to take a run or something. Also increases mood :) But that EXTREME grounding, is it exclusive to semen retention?

I'm thinking that these practices builds up energy slowly and only gets harder with time, like this http://goo.gl/m4QEjq

But semen retention is "hacking the system" because you are taking all your energy from previous sexual usage and using it to ground your consciousness. So you already start out with A LOT of energy!

I'm interested in reading any thoughts and/or answer to the original question :)

<3

need good grounding? conquer the breath, drop the flow of air beneath the threshold of turbulence so that the olfactory nerve does not resonate (due to air...because once it ceases to resonate via air, its resonant mode entirely changes to an inhibitory one, and a whole cache of energy is discovered...)

• Like 2

need good grounding? conquer the breath, drop the flow of air beneath the threshold of turbulence so that the olfactory nerve does not resonate (due to air...because once it ceases to resonate via air, its resonant mode entirely changes to an inhibitory one, and a whole cache of energy is discovered...)

Does this mean to breathe so that you cannot hear it? sorry feeling a bit slow tonight.

Yes, so slowly that your nose (olfactory nerve) doesn't even notice the airflow.

Also what if one just physically closes the nose?

Speaking personally I don't know of a specific technique for this, rather it results from a cumulative effect of stillness of mind and body during a practice session.

Wow. What is that called?

Also what if one just physically closes the nose?

longevity breathing. "real regulating" - regulating until regulating is no longer necessary. but regulating is like pedaling a bike. liken paying attention (as in actively focused on breathwork) to your breath like pedaling. pedaling appropriately at the right time in the right cadence produces the most optimal ride!

the mechanics of breath need to be very well streamlined with a lot of habit energy. I talk about not using the air passageways to facilitate the movement of air precisely because that was a massive glass ceiling (or floor, if you will) - the passing of which made gains in meditation that are so significant I cannot attribute it to anything else, for it serves as the basis for many other things. its like going from telephone quality audio to a modern professional 24 bit 96KHz audio, the signal to noise ratio is just exponentially better.

if your breath is too quick and shallow, you will not be able to make the breath quiet, much less disappear or cause the olfactory nerve to change its resonance.

a lot of people say to relax and make the breath smooth and natural. all well and good but you must take breathwork past that if you want to make any reasonable gains within some realistic timeframe.

the timing of all the structures is important - find the most energetic range of motion for a given structure, make note of it, feel it...then when focusing on another structure, do the same, then, begin timing them so that the most energetic range coincides between them. diaphragm/psoas and the deep internal stuff, front of the abdomen, perineum are the main structures. even just timing 2 well is good but multiples better doing 3 efficiently....well, where does the beginnings of dantien breathing come from? the timing of that dynamic right there.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

:) I'm a newbie here. I did semen retention once and got really really grounded (I think it's the right word) - (a kind of innate unreactiveness and unscattering of vision, thoughts and consciousness).

Meditation - calms the mind, I guess practicing an unreactiveness to thoughts but this is abolutely nothing compared to the extreme semen retention experience I had. I see it as forced grounding of the mind. Agree?
Zhan zhuang - Heat (blod) comfortable circulates, making me feel more refreshed after. Is that what you mean when you say qi? Increases my physical energy.
[i call it] Preventing energy leaks along with deep breathing - which is my attempt to carry over Zhan zhuang to every-day-life. Basically relaxing the muscles fully (which is easy with deep breathing). E.g when I notice tension somewhere, I breathe deep, it relaxes. It results in feeling more refreshed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So as mentioned, these techniques makes me feel "refreshed" and physically energized as if I want to take a run or something. Also increases mood :) But that EXTREME grounding, is it exclusive to semen retention?
I'm thinking that these practices builds up energy slowly and only gets harder with time, like this http://goo.gl/m4QEjq
But semen retention is "hacking the system" because you are taking all your energy from previous sexual usage and using it to ground your consciousness. So you already start out with A LOT of energy!
I'm interested in reading any thoughts and/or answer to the original question :)
<3

Which one is the original question....???

Are you really using the right word "grounding" for your thoughts....???.

Which one is the original question....???

Are you really using the right word "grounding" for your thoughts....???.

More than one question, but most importantly the one in the name of the thread.

I wonder that too. In the things I've read, grounding is associated with centeredness and being stable like a tree. That was exactly what I felt. As I tried to sum up in one sentence: "A feeling of innate unreactiveness and unscattering of vision, thoughts and consciousness."

What do YOU mean when you say grounding?

I say, take off your shoes and socks. Go for a long walk (on natural terrain). Especially if you're loaded up on energy (-ies).

Is there an alternative? Kind of cold in Sweden

More than one question, but most importantly the one in the name of the thread.

..........grounding is associated with centeredness and being stable like a tree.

What do YOU mean when you say grounding?

That is what I have in mind, too, as indicated in red.

Per OP....

There is nothing one can do as a beginner but practice Zhan Zhuang diligently to strengthen the legs muscles. It will make one stable like a tree.

Edited by ChiDragon

Taking your practice forward in a slow steady way, ie not too much too soon especially for energy type practices. Long walks, quiet sitting, keeping the mind and emotions calm. Keeping the body in shape, working out; getting a decent sweat. Zhan Zhuang, ie standing practice is good.

I'm mostly repeating what people have written above. Here's something a bit new. Talk to friends, see if your getting too airy, too.. well ungrounded. Take it seriously. If you are then slow down your practice a bit or if its bad put it on hold for a while.