deci belle

The Center has no Location

In the prior thread, I used the ancient phrase "it has no location" in its reference to the Center, which is the impersonal unity of the immaterial body of awareness. Another alchemical phrase is to float around in the center of the compass.

That it has no location is not to mean that it is somewhere else. It is a teaching device to prevent misguided materialistic people from attempting the development and/or pursuit of derivative spinoffs characteristic of visualization, quietism or psychosomatic techniques that only confuse the order of authentic practice by the mishandling of the terminology of alchemy to fool themselves and other unfortunate people.

The reason that "it has no location" is emphasized, is because even though the effect of the Center is by virtue of having a physical body, and it is not beyond the body of the being that is going to die, there is nothing that is done by mental or physical manipulation, deprivation or effort relative to the body, in private or in public situations, or is there any part of the body, physical, plasmic or subtle, that constitutes this Center of the immaterial Body of Awareness.

In other words, the Center is not relative to the physical body nor is it accessible in terms of any of the so-called "apertures" in the body used by the lowest of the low who employ perverted practices to "nurture essence".

Applying the selfless intent of open sincerity without dwelling on anything is the highest practice of enlightening beings, carried out in the midst of everyday ordinary affairs, neither courting nor avoiding potential impurities in terms of people and situations.

• Like 12

I find it curious how terms and phrases may become obvious once one has experienced what they describe. If one seeks, one travels away, but if one surrenders seeking, one no longer prevents return. I suppose this is why many texts were intended as tools for the already enlightened, and the teachings intended as experiential transmission.

Once I had an experience of this principle. Where I previously would distinguish different locations in my body, and feel energy travelling between them, suddenly anywhere I focused was the same. It was all one - there were no body parts, everything was unified, and every location was the center, but a center that defied location.

• Like 3

The words left behind by prior illuminates are indeed talismans for those who themselves step over the whole eternity of created fascinations and leave them gleaming, thereby to enter the path that follows the same dusty footsteps of the ancients, along an endless gradual incline.

Evidences of efficacy leading up to and including the sudden are all such as they are, as simply as they are— and they should all be seen through no different than anything else, and passed through as they are. What is most direct and imperative is to apply the experiential resonance of the body of wordless unified awareness in terms of adapting to everyday ordinary situations.

Though it is completely natural to meet situations spontaneously, if one cannot act on knowledge, it is as if one had none.

ed note: change "left" to "passed through" in the second paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 5

If you replace your memories with deci belle's knowledge you'll see that the experience never left you.

if you replace your memories with deci's knowlege or anyone else's you are a fool under a spell, and for her, him or whatever that person is not to correct you on that point reveals how pompous they are and how misled you are.

I didn't misunderstand what was written, thus if you want to modify or amend what you wrote then have at it...

Edited by 3bob

...then why did you directly link such in your earlier statement per "deci's" name in a proprietary sounding way? (btw, the use of the word "peculiar" sounds somewhat peculiar to me in your implied or alluded to context, also there is nothing delectable in dealing with a poster named deci who has very often insulted and belittled multiple people at this web-site and who in fact was banded for an "x" amount of time because of it.

The center of the compass that has no location. Puts to rest many errors passed on as teachings.The way of direct transcendence has no method. Once we have method or technique it in its self becomes the obstruction.

This is my favorite saying, yes then I am attached but if I begin to become mortal with attachments and so on this saying returns me to the center that has no location and free again to travel the boundless dimensions beyond time and space and the physical laws of Yin and Yang.

• Like 2

The center of the compass that has no location. Puts to rest many errors passed on as teachings.The way of direct transcendence has no method. Once we have method or technique it in its self becomes the obstruction.

This is my favorite saying, yes then I am attached but if I begin to become mortal with attachments and so on this saying returns me to the center that has no location and free again to travel the boundless dimensions beyond time and space and the physical laws of Yin and Yang.

The ancient cosmograph, 式, was a divination device mentioned by ancient texts... and also mentioned by Laozi in three chapters: 22, 28, 65.

As Sarah Allen has noted, "On this device, a round heaven mounted on a square earth rotates around a central pole or point, represented, notionally at least, as the Pole Star"... and further,

"what was most significant about the cosmograph as a conceptual model was the importance it gave to the center as a focal point that did not move, but controlled all else."

The Pole Star.... was "The Great One"... The Center.

• Like 4

As with the 5 elements without the center earth the other elements have no basis. So it seems the truth or principle is inherent in all things. As with the pole star the movement of the dipper around the pole star is a clock,love this stuff!

• Like 4

Edit: moved to PPF thread "Odds and ends from the main forum"

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

This is indeed it!

Very nice put.

• Like 1

Well, ok~ but remember another practical classic taoist saying "that which can be spoken…"

The point is that effective gradual self-refinement must acquire the perspective which has no relative psychological locus. Why? It is because self-refinement is a matter of conditioning oneself to the unconditioned— to give the human mentality no respite. One must kick out its crutch no matter how subtle it may be.

And for that, one must be able to see.

So, here I am to kick the crutch out from under this comfortable nest we have here!! ahhahaaa!!❤︎❤︎

As for lazily savoring the singular flavor, I tend to cling to superbly ungraspable sayings like "East Mountain walks on water." (Not that I have a preference.)

Absolutely nothing there to find a way or a place to alight. Who can touch this without gasping on the deathbed of philosophical discussion? It is practically useless~ yet so rich beyond conceivability.

Truly, those Chan fellows with the caliber of thoroughgoing prior illuminates such as Yun-men have always been capable of inconceivable observation resulting in titbits which penetrate all the way through without getting hung-up on anything— and carry on, beyond, without ever yet having really moved a hairsbreadth.

ed note: add "Who can touch this without gasping on the deathbed of philosophical discussion?" in penultimate paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 3

In other words, the Center is not relative to the physical body nor is it accessible in terms of any of the so-called "apertures" in the body used by the lowest of the low who employ perverted practices to "nurture essence".

Applying the selfless intent of open sincerity without dwelling on anything is the highest practice...

A 'higher' level of consciousness are a solvent to lower levels: When you meditate on emptiness things start dissolving. Thought, personality, etc.: dissolves. As you go deeper and deeper, the progressively increasing power of the fields of awareness start to dissolve too much. You need to activate a level of the body that resonates with Universal: those are the vajra body teachings. Bindus are key to integrating concentration with Openness. The key Tibetan phrase is "enter, abide, dissolve". You refine personal energy into Luminous Emptiness. At certain places (bindus). And it does something (activates the vajra body).

Edited by Trunk
  • Thanks 1

The world is empty of itself. There is no high or low. Use everyday ordinary situations to dissolve this thing of yours, Trunk.

Formal meditation is a temporary expedient. Therefore, clinging to teachings is sickness~ however expedient their methods.

Awareness that dissolves isn't reality—this is precisely what must be passed through initially. That is why it cannot dissolve too much. It is personalistic attachment to this too much or too little as a matter of relativity that must be penetrated fully to transcend it. Everything you speak of comes from this conceptual locus of the experiencer and knower.

Do admit that Trunk has not gone far enough.

I myself am proof that THERE IS NO HIGH OR LOW. Your point is derivative of a level of provisional teaching, Trunk— which is wholly out of context and off-topic on my threads. This is my thread describing that which is the teaching using essence itself with no intermediary. DO NOT EVER FORGET THAT FACT, TRUNK.

THIS IS NEITHER TAOISM NOR BUDDHISM, MUCH LESS SOME OTHER KIND. MIND IS ONE. SINCE YOU ARE SO ATTACHED TO your SECTARIAN TEACHING, IT SEEMS THE MERE MENTION OF A LINE FROM A REAL CHAN MAN, WOULD SET YOU OFF ON MAKING A LIST OF PROVINCIAL TERMINOLOGY AMOUNTING TO RELIGION THAT IS NOT ADEQUATE TO FURTHER THAT WHICH IS HELD UP HERE FOR THOSE WITH THE CAPACITY TO BE A BUDDHA RIGHT NOW.

If you would like to discuss Padmasambhavism, be my guest… ON YOUR OWN THREAD.

Now please note that (at this point in time) not going far enough is not one of your problems. But do consider the possibility that psychological free-associations and projections of half-baked concepts might be.

Don't blame yourself too much though, as it is simply one of the risks of "borrowing others words" without knowing the basis from the very start. I'm not talking about that in a philosophical sense at all. I'm talking about your words on this screen now.

I don't even LOOK at any threads on this website other than my own. I'll bet that would bore you to tears, that is, Trunk, if you could satisfy yourself with your OWN material derived from your OWN experience. I sat on it for 15 years before talking to anyone about this stuff. How many years have you been writing on borrowed words without you yourself arriving at the basis of the words themselves? At that point, the heart of Padmasambhava would BE yours~ and you wouldn't even need words— his or anyone else's.

This is why I say I own them. And so, when I direct them at one such as you, I have the power to make them yours.

I would like for you, someday, to own them too.❤︎

The point is this, Trunk (and anyone else who might benefit):

To consider formal meditation high, and ordinary situations low, is the perspective of an outsider. And outsiders ought not be proscribing anything to others, even if they have heard it from those they consider higher than themselves.

Again, meditation, or even consciously treating everyday ordinary situations as meditation is poison. This is what ought to be used sparingly only by the most recalcitrant of human mentalities, and then under the supervision of an enlightened teacher. I believe there should be enough to go around.

Otherwise it is best to follow the dictum: See essence on your own, then seek a teacher. Curiously, it is the currently popular Tibetan tradition whose xenophobic cultural tendencies counter this otherwise universal approach to self-realization and, more importantly, its application in everyday life unbeknownst to anyone. I am not a stranger to this phenomena as I have seen its effects on close associates due to that particularly rich tradition's religionist predilection.

Everyday ordinary situations IS the center. Reality does not look different than delusion. To maintain an inner posture of meditation (in action, no doubt) isn't even entry-level. I have been saying for years that enlightenment is entry-level.

Living in the world in the capacity of enlightening being is already its center without beginning. It is already your own mind as is before the first thought, people.

To see delusion as reality (and not the other way around), is true meditation AS the center having no location.

Meditation students should already know that there is reformative meditation on emptiness, the provisional and on the center, and that one must apply concentration on each aspect from the perspective of each aspect (that's nine aspects). Furthermore, there is abiding in the center of all perspective without aspect.

Remember also, that going here is different for each student, yet all have the potential for enlightenment— which ultimately has no culturally relative aspect. The Avatsakam Sutra states that Universal Good is the source of civilizations. Culture is derivative of this. Culture determines that which is profane and that which is profound, but it cannot determine that which is nonoriginated within oneself.

This Center is oneself, yet it is not arrived at by technique, nor by teachings, nor by cultural emphasis on particulars suited to times and places. Nothing is created, there is no creator, Mind is unified awareness. Do not employ high and low to arrive at this center of the body of awareness having no location to view within the context of reason's machinations and intellectualist's prose.

And if you do manage to arrive here, it will not be as a result of effort or inclination, since it has already been thus all along without your knowing so.

And if what I have written does not resonate with you, then perhaps the topic is juuuust beyond your current reach to warrant posting a reply.

But do, please, consider commenting sincerely by PM.❤︎

ed note: typo last line

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 3

Ah!, Deci Belle! :)

I initially hadn't recognized you w/out your avatar image...

Happy Sunday!

Ah!, Deci Belle! :) I initially hadn't recognized you w/out your avatar image...

That's because DB has no location :D

To consider formal meditation high, and ordinary situations low, is the perspective of an outsider. And outsiders ought not be proscribing anything to others, even if they have heard it from those they consider higher than themselves.

And I'll not consider you higher... but I'll consider this exactly what was needed to be said :)

• Like 2

Oui, mon ami~ I kept looking for me and ultimately I found that there is nothing at all to speak of, and whatever or wherever that homeland of nothing whatsoever may appear to be, it has never fallen into the creative.

When I speak of appearances, whether they arise as the absolute or as karmic evolution, it is knowledge being oneself alone; there is no other.

Wayfairie recently posted a quote from Linji that says supernormal powers of the enlightened amount to entering into phenomena without being confused by phenomena.

So when I speak of appearances that do not confuse people in the midst of situations, it is just that there is no personalistic psychological locus existent to posit confusion because there is no habitual thought based on the facetious personality of the being that is going to die.

This thing of no location is universal. The Center is the totality of reality with neither inside nor outside. Though its (transcendent) effect does not rely on the sudden—experientially, it's you: therefore, you are not it by virtue of its (your) selfless nature. There is nothing to maintain for appearances sake. I have been bouncing back and forth between the relative and the absolute in terms of appearances for a reason. THEY ARE SAMENESS. THERE IS NO TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. THERE IS NO COIN. Just smile!

It goes without saying that you do not constitute a point for confusion to accumulate. And by that, in terms of the relative, I mean there is really no self to maintain in terms of a psychological locus for confusion to accumulate. There is already nothing whatsoever to account for in terms of self and other relative to conditions. When Gautama buddha held up the flower, Mahakasyapa just smiled. Confusion? How can there be confusion where there is nothing to understand?

Confusion is only possible by referencing the personality's construed psychological awareness in terms of its own relative not-self, whereas nonpsychological awareness' perspective is in terms of the present impersonal situation.

The only reason the authentic teachings exist is to counter habit energy being YOUR habit. Conditioned energy is karmic— it just is, whether you see your nature or not.

The provisional teaching of emptiness or the illusion of temporal existence is just so people will avoid losing themselves unawares long enough to develop an independent perspective based on nonpsychological awareness in order to forget the self-reifying thoughts and feelings that bind one to karmic existence.

Reality and delusion appear the same because they are the same. Substantial stability of clarity functioning in the midst of appearances has no confusion because there is no psychological locus (location) for habitual self-reifying thoughts and feelings (confusion) to accumulate.

What's left is impersonal characteristics. Just this is the basis of one's response. Effective response is the result of seeing through phenomena without denying their characteristics.

Abiding here (enlightening being) is the incipient pivot of the creative arising undifferentiated radiating aware essence. The creative is itself potential, if one sees. If one doesn't see, it is creation/karmic evolution. If one sees, then one can use it. Arising undifferentiated is Complete Reality; this being the Center. Obviously, it is the self. Radiating aware essence is presence. This is one's function. Just smile.❤︎

ed note: add "The only reason the authentic teachings exist is to counter habit energy being YOUR habit." in 8th paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 2

THEY ARE SAMENESS. THERE IS NO TWO SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. THERE IS NO COIN. Just smile!

:lol::) yes, "meditation" or "not meditation" :lol:

• Like 1

*blush* heehee!!

Yes, seeing voids is/not-is. This is sameness responsively accepting its function and taking the forward step, deluded within delusion. Not abiding in the human mentality is called "meditation". Even so, just this is mind alone. Knowledge having no object is the same thing as "meditation" in order to speak of abiding in the highest good before the first thought.

Otherwise, "meditation" falls into a class of remedial formality. True meditation is not relative to doing~ it is just a way to refer to abiding in no-mind naturally.

ed note: I blushed in response; the addition came in terms of "meditation"

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1