DreamBliss

Just want to get something off my chest, maybe get some clarity...

OK, so I have said this before, maybe multiple times.

I find it, at the very least, discouraging, when "New Thought" and "Manifestation AKA Hay House" teachers become salespeople. Why? Because if this thing really works, then they should have no need to sell anything. They should be able to give away materials and teachings freely, or for just enough to cover their expenses. They should be pratcicong what they preach, which means they should nbot have a lack.limnitation mindset, so the have no worries about financial matters or money. They trust the Universe provides, as they so often teach, and it does, if this thing works!

I just visted the Hick's Abraham page, and while they still offer the Introductory sessions of Abraham for free (you have to Google search for it as it seems to be buried in their site) the main focus of the site looks to me as if it is all about making money. Judge for yourself:

http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/index.php

Introductory Audio:

http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/mp3downloads.php

Teachings of Abraham:

http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattractionsource/teachings_new.php

I look at this site, and just like Wayne Dyer, I see cruises and who knows what else, which I haven't verified, but I'll bet cost thousands of dollars per person to attend. To my mind this casts serious doubts on the teachings. If what you teach really works, if you practice what you preach, if you have mastered the teachings you espouse, then where are the free cruises, seminars, workshops or materials?

Now maybe I couldn't say anything if I was the same way, but as far as I know, I am not. I provide my teachings for free. I have also not made a penny on them. I know there is a psychological component here, if ytou offer something for free peole thing its worthless, so you give it a price tag and it acquire percieved value. But what other people should be none of my business. If I came into the place or state where I am manifesting anything I ask for, and teaching others how to do so, I would do so freely, or only charge a small amount for my costs and time. That's it. No thousands of dollar cruises or seminars. The focus is on sharing, on teaching, not on making money.

I am troubled by this. I feel that the teachings of Abraham, Seth and Wayne Dyer are pointing the way clearly more or less to the truth. I know there is a history here I have just learned about. From way back in 1937 with Napolean Hill's, "Think and Grow Rich." He allowed them to edit out the word vibration from the manuscript, and never detail what The Secret was (whcih became the inspiration for "The Secret.") Apparently the original 1937 manuscript makes no such edits and gives the missing information.

The point is that there is a history here. We have been taught this nearly 100 years in recent history, and it goes back further with the Kyballion (I think) There may be other works as well. And for as long as these teachings have been given to us there are those censoring or dilluting the message. If they are not driven by profit then they are driven by fear. I have no doubts that the original translations of the various texts that make up the Bible even have these truths in them. But the Bible as taught today, and the modern versions of, "Think and Grow Rich" leave out the important information about the universe.

That is that there is an energetic aspect to life, otherwise known as the non-physical, which is typically beyond our physical capabilities to perceieve. It is from this non-physical energy that everything physical comes into existance. It is some combintion of our beliefs becoming our faith then directing our thoughts that allow us to manipulate things energetically, and this is how we can manifest things into the physical world. That is the essence of the teaching, to the best of my understanding and ability to write it at this moment.

When you come down to it, the Native Americans have it right. This world is the dream, it is not the reality. It is a game, or, according to Alan Watts, a dance. I think I like the dream analogy best. At an energetic level we have collectively created this world in which we live. Whatever happens here has no effect on who we really are, that energy that is the energetic aspect of us. Really we're like a gaggle of children, ages 3-7 or something, who are playing with our imaganery friends, creating our own imaginary world, and the result is the physical world in which we live.

But the dream anaology is better I think. We can sit back, let the dream run us around, or we can take control of it, make of the dream what we will and create the experiences we choose. It is always our choice, even if we choose to forget it or not remember it. In this case an elightened person is just someone who became lucid. They realized this was a dream and "woke up" within the dream. They reconnected consiously with that energetic aspect of themselves.

So I think these teachings are true, but only in the sense of the truth that is finger pointing at the moon, these teachings, none of what we can teach while in the physical, is the moon. But these teachings at least point in the right direction. Still if that is the case, how come those who realize and teach this are trying to make money from it? If you are out hiking and someone comes along and asks for directions, do you help them without thought of payment, or do you demand they pay you a few hundred dollars? If you were the person looking for direction, would you want the one you asked for it to charge you?

I know I wouldn't like that, and I would give direction freely to the best of my ability. And I have not, by any means, mastered any of these teachings. I admit that, I freely share what I have come to understand, I make it clear that at best it is a finger pointing to the moon, and I have no expectation of anything from those I help. How come these others can't do the same? I really don't understand. How can you not practice what you preach?

What are your thoughts?

• Like 1

When things start to manifest in your life they appear through the same channels as they aways did. Food does not fall from the sky, but money to buy food, starts to appear in adequate quantities through new and perhaps unexpected channels. Money still comes in return for your labour. This is the way of the world. But earning the money feels effortless and perhaps new and exciting. And all this is a scene that you never could have pictured before.

So Wayne Dyer is now earning money aboard cruise ships? I can guarantee you that from his perspective this is evidence of his manifestation wishes. You get what you wish for. It might be that WD values money more thanh the peace of mind that comes with the simple life. That's his call. Don't worry about what looks like hypocrisy. Just recognise that his life is consistent with the message of manifestation

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 1

It's much easier for people to believe this manifestation shit when they live in a first world country with nothing threatening immediate survival.

Seriously - would any sane person go to Darfur and teach how to manifest bread? This Law of Attraction stuff is self-indulgent claptrap that doesn't stand up to real life in the slightest.

Would you actually try to teach it to someone in poverty?

Seriously think about that.

Imagine telling someone dying of AIDS, walking miles to a dirty well, whose family has died of starvation... that if they have faith in their abilities as a creator they can bring abundance into manifestation.

Wouldn't you feel disgusted by yourself if you did that?

What does that tell you about the reality of this doctrine?

But nobody who believes in it can be convinced otherwise, because if it doesn't work it's just not being done right or with enough faith (i.e. blind faith of getting it right some day), confirmation bias (the many times it doesn't work you lacked faith or technique, the few times it 'works' you did it right), and other cognitive biases that let you half-believe things that are blatantly false. It's an unquestionable dogma for the New Age just like transubstantiation or original sin, and makes no more sense.

Clarification - I'm open to the idea that developed cultivators may have abilities (though will remain reasonably sceptical until I have experience myself, or there is good proof). So magicians here - I am not rubbishing your experiences or path.

What I'm denying here is the idea that average people can manifest macroscopic stuff on the physical realm just by faith or will or whatever, as taught in the Secret and so on.

Edited by Seeker of Wisdom
  • Like 3

Assuming there is anything to it, I would expect it to be an example of will effecting change ("magic"), and such a thing would happen mostly only on the margins -- like the Princeton experiments with people "willing" a small particle to go left instead of right, thereby slightly statistically changing the expected outcome over a large number of trials -- so people in dire circumstances are probably outside of the margins of what one might reasonably expect to work.

And really if it were any other way, if people of ordinary or slightly developed spiritual and energetic abilities could just will and manifest the world at whim, it wouldn't be the orderly and predictable physical world that we experience, it would be some chaotic dreamscape.

Clarification - I'm open to the idea that developed cultivators may have abilities (though will remain reasonably sceptical until I have experience myself, or there is good proof). So magicians here - I am not rubbishing your experiences or path.

What I'm denying here is the idea that average people can manifest macroscopic stuff on the physical realm just by faith or will or whatever, as taught in the Secret and so on.

• Like 1

The law of attraction is fundamentally unfalsifiable.

If it doesn't work for you then the explanation given is that you don't believe in it enough, which then becomes more evidence for the theory that strong belief is necessary.

All discussion over whether it does or does not work is therefore futile.

What the LofA provides however is an alternative view of things. It presents the possibility, usually ignored, that the source of all that is on the outside is actually on the inside.

It is a theory of immense spiritual importance, and until you recognise its plausibility - and yes, it is just as plausible as the common sense view - then you will be trapped in a world and vulnerable to its forces. In other words, you will remain unliberated.

• Like 2

The law of attraction is fundamentally unfalsifiable.

If it doesn't work for you then the explanation given is that you don't believe in it enough, which then becomes more evidence for the theory that strong belief is necessary.

All discussion over whether it does or does not work is therefore futile...

I agree with the first two paragraphs. But I see their implication as being that the LoA only appears to work to someone thanks to cognitive biases, therefore it doesn't work, therefore it is false. If it doesn't work at a rate above chance, it doesn't work. Simple.

Edited by Seeker of Wisdom
  • Like 1

This Law of Attraction stuff is self-indulgent claptrap that doesn't stand up to real life in the slightest.

I felt an urge to reply to this in defense of what I feel is true, within the constraints I stated.

Now I am smiling at that, because you are right. In your example it would be so easy, sitting here in America, to say that their situation is "karma" or "sin" or "satan" or "...because they are not Christians..."

But the truth is, as I have said a few times before, that truth needs to defense. If something is true, is an accurate pointing to the moon, it will withstand anything thrown at it. So if these manifestation teachings are true they will stand the test of time, and may have aleady done so.

I will continue to study them and Tolle, applying the lessons of these teachers, in spite of any doubts I may have. Because Nikolai1 is also likely right, from their perspective their lives of luxery, success and wealth may be a direct result of their applying the very things they teach.

At this moment, right now, I can also say this. If I had to live like Ryokan, running around with my begging bowl and tattered robe, if that was the experience life insisted on giving me (I would not choose it), I would kill myself. I have said this before as well. If there is such a thing as "my place" and it is to be, essentially, "white trash" (the best sociatal label for myself) then there is literally no reason to live. If there is no hope of bettering my circumstances without selling or wearing myself out, and I knew this with enough certainty, looking at it from all angles, I would immediately go out and end my life with no hesitation.

I left the Christian faith behind for numerous reasons, but one of the things I have come to be happy that I got rid of was this absolutely stupid, as far as I am concerned, lemming or sheep-like idea that I am an imperfect sinner and I have to be saved. In fact, it is from my perspective here, now outside that faith, that I have protected myself from adopting other equally stupid ideas like destiny, fate or karma. Now if you believe in such things I mean no offense. But these are chains I refuse to lock myself in.

All this to say that I have to have a definte and real power to create a life for myself that I want, without succumbing to what society says I should do, or some religion says I should do, or anything like that.I have to have a definite and real power to create the life I want for myself easily, without restriction. If I can not have this, if I do not have this, I do not have a reason to live, end of story.

So whatever the accuracy of the truth these manifestation teachings point to, at the very least, in this moment, they empower me. They do not subjugate me. They give me the hope of freedom from being under the thumb of other humans. I literally can not live, now, at this moment, if others have the ability and power to control me and determine what life experience I will have, what role I will play.

I have tasted freedom from religion and the mind washing that occurs inside an institutionalized religion. From my perspective outside I can see things clearly. I can even read the Bible from a different perspective, finding whole new ways of looking at the things I was taught for over 20 years. I do not have to live under the threat of hell.

The only drawback is that I am around my parents and others who are Christians, and it makes me sad to hear them, sadder to know that they are worried for me, they think me decieved by satan. I remember how I used to be the exact same way and it hurts me to see them that way. They are like lambs being led to the slaughter, horses being led with blinders on, regurgitating the same crap that was stuffed down their throats since they were kids, and on back to who knows how far back. My family has been indoctrinated into the Christian faith. Like an eagle who has been a pet for so long it forgets how to fly. Worse it looks to the sky with no recognition, no desire, no drive.

I feel for people in countries labeled as, "third world." But I have to believe anyone, including myself, can change the way they think and draw a better life experience to themselves. If I can figure this out to where I can use it consistantly and reliably, I would freely teach it to all who would listen. I have to believe that in a way I am here because collectively humanity is ready to change. It is tired of the way things have been, the few subjugating the many, the many struggling to survive, much less enjoy their life experience. What we call "reality" or "the real world."

I think these Hay House teachers and those studying them, sharing what they learn, like me, are here because humanity as a whole is sick and fucking tired of "reality" and "how thinsg are." A change is wanted by the many, the agents of change have manifested into this world, as far as I can tell more at this time than any other in the last few thousand years. Humanity as a whle is tired of being controlled by its religious beliefs and those in power, who have influence and wealth. It wants something different. So people are waking up spiritually, and these manifestataion teachings are coming in like machine-gun fire.

While I do not believe in destiny or fate, I think perhaps I can subscrive to the idea of a purpose, not the requirement of one, but having a reason I am here, and perhaps that reason is to share these teachings. There must be a reason why I went through what I did with everything that happened as I left my faith. It can't be all that common for people to turn their back on a religion they have subscribed to for over 20 years. If you were to read some of the things I read as a Christian you probably wouldn't believe I wrote those. People change, I am living proof, there is little about me that remains the same.

I know some of you will have read the statements about killing myself with some anxietry, concern, fear or worry. I appreciate your concern, and am thankful for it, but please understand I have no thoughts about killing myself at this time. I would only consider it if, after applying what I am learning about the manifestation teachings, I was unable to attract to myself a better life experience. There would be nothing left for me to try, no other course of action, not from my perspective at this moment. I lived the hard work approach. I know exactly where that goes. I lived the "god provides" approach as a Christian, and I know god really doesn't. I lived the positive thinking approach, I know its limitations.

Now I have the manifestation appraoch. I will develop faith, as I have been instructed, I wil practice awareness and present-mindedness, but if in the end I am still single, with a physical form that is less than ideal, and no prospects for creating a life I want to live, then and only then will I consider giving up, and not easily, as I am a particularily stubborn bastard and have been to the point of considering suicide a few times. I am still here, a testemant to either my bravery or cowardice, depending on your perspective.

Brother Seeker of Wisdom, please be careful what you call claptrap. One less stubborn than I, or less determined, or uncertain, could drop a chosen path that they needed to walk in order to learn something important. We should be loving guides, not police officers in full swat geat and blockades on any path we do not agree with!

The Pharisees had plenty of wisdom. Plenty of intellectual knowledge. Jesus called them things like dirty cups and whitewashed seplichures, full of dead men's bones. I think instead of seeking wisdom, you may be better served to seek love, first in loving and accepting yourself as you are, so you can then love and accept others as they are.

Maybe I am wrong but I sense bitterness and pain between the lines in your post. I sincerly and strongly urge you to let these poisions out of your system. Just release them and let them go. They will not do you or anyone else any good.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

But I see their implication as being that the LoA only appears to work to someone thanks to cognitive biases, therefore it doesn't work, therefore it is false.

11.00am - i have run out of milk and have cognitions about needed to visit the shop. I strongly believe that I am able and willing to go.

12.00pm - I am standing in the shop.

The law of attraction merely maintains that our transcendent self recognised the cognition and then manifested the shop.

The common sense view is that I simply made a decision and travelled to a building that pre-existed regardless of my beliefs and intentions.

The truth is, its impossible to determine which of these is true. We can only decide one by invoking cognitive biases distinctive of that worldview.

For example, I might seek to defend the common sense view by asking an outsider if the shop existed last year and was not manifested for the sake of the milk. But this act presupposes that there are pre-existing people able to serve as witnesses.

The LoA advocate would simply assert that your higher self used the LoA to manifest the witness to suit the occasion, just as he did the shop.

The immense importance of the LoA is not as some truth to believe in ouright, but a alternative perspective that can loosen our allegiance to the common-sense, restricted view.

Edited by Nikolai1

Hi dreambliss,

If there is no hope of bettering my circumstances without selling or wearing myself out, and I knew this with enough certainty, looking at it from all angles, I would immediately go out and end my life with no hesitation.

I have no doubt that you may need to make some outer adjustments to your circumstances. Its certainly time for you to move out and live on your own. But you need to start recognising that the bulk of your future happiness will come from inner changes not outer changes.

Imagine you have a 40 a day cigarette habit but you can only afford twenty.

Your cravings are making your life miserable.

The outer adjustment would be to earn more money, so you can afford to live without cravings.

The inner adjustment would be to quit smoking, to learn not to need them any more.

Which of these is the superior strategy?

The Law of Attraction is a rather dangerous idea. It makes people think that we can simply manifest the kind of things that our individual egos want. This is a very dangerous mixing of two mutually contradictory worldviews. Yes the LoA is eminently plausible, but only if we assume our fundamental identity to be that of a higher transcendent Self. Only then does it make sense.

Learn to live as if you are this higher self. Treat each moment as if you willed it out of sheer love. This will make you satisfied with your situation, and you will be the living proof of the law of attraction. it is only when we gain a bit of inner contentment as a foundation that we have the courage the make the chnages in our outer circumstances that will match up with what we desire. With inner peace, making these changes will seem easy and natural and enjoyable - as if they were simply manifesting of their own accord!

Edited by Nikolai1
  • Like 3

It's much easier for people to believe this manifestation shit when they live in a first world country with nothing threatening immediate survival.

Seriously - would any sane person go to Darfur and teach how to manifest bread? This Law of Attraction stuff is self-indulgent claptrap that doesn't stand up to real life in the slightest.

Would you actually try to teach it to someone in poverty?

Seriously think about that.

Imagine telling someone dying of AIDS, walking miles to a dirty well, whose family has died of starvation... that if they have faith in their abilities as a creator they can bring abundance into manifestation.

Wouldn't you feel disgusted by yourself if you did that?

What does that tell you about the reality of this doctrine?

Nothing, imo. Bear in mind that, while people in materially privileged countries are better off in many ways, there are plenty of individuals there, too, suffering from severe problems, be they financial or - VERY commonly - in terms of physical and psychological health. Many such individuals have indeed received help from using visualization and related teachings, there are innumerable cases.

It is a very common objection to bring up people living in poor societies. If the premise that we all create our own realities were false, then those people would have little power to change their circumstances for the better. I believe they do have the potential.

Quite another question is what the true prerequisites for happiness are. A study showed that people in Bangladesh are actually happier on the average than we are in our high-tech cultures - while we are communicating more with our cell-phones than with each other face to face, overworking while leaving our kids in daycare and indulging in unhealthy foods which turn as into replicas of Jabba the Hut. Now that's what WE are attracting...

None of this is an excuse for neglecting the suffering of other beings, human or not, no matter where they live. All of Life is One and the suffering of one being is the suffering of all. Representatives of Manifestation often emphasize this in their writings. They also highlight the fact that by helping others you are helping yourself. The smile you give out returns to you. :)

• Like 2

...Maybe I am wrong but I sense bitterness and pain between the lines in your post. I sincerly and strongly urge you to let these poisions out of your system. Just release them and let them go. They will not do you or anyone else any good.

I am being forceful here because these beliefs hold people back from facing reality, and having confidence in their ability to use their skills and intelligence to achieve things the only way anyone (lacking siddhis/magic, perhaps) can achieve anything - through action.

You have the ability to succeed in this world through plain old cause and effect. You don't have to believe in a mystical solution, and it rouses my compassion to see you still struggling within a Christian matrix of blind faith in doctrines, although you don't realise that that is what this is.

You have swapped one set of disempowering lies for another that may momentarily make you feel empowered, but that will ultimately leave you disappointed. Instead of faith in Jesus, you have faith in the LoA. Why not have faith in your skill, knowledge and intelligence?

Perhaps you're clinging to the LoA because you feel intimidated by all the things in the real world that are in your way, and the LoA makes you feel capable. I implore you to have the courage to try to overcome your obstacles and see them as surmountable.

Scrapping the LoA leads to the sad idea that people in severe poverty have little ability to change their situation. Unfortunately we ought to face the truth rather than cling to comfortable lies, have compassion for these people, and try to use the power we have to help.

• Like 3

Assuming there is anything to it, I would expect it to be an example of will effecting change ("magic"), and such a thing would happen mostly only on the margins -- like the Princeton experiments with people "willing" a small particle to go left instead of right, thereby slightly statistically changing the expected outcome over a large number of trials -- so people in dire circumstances are probably outside of the margins of what one might reasonably expect to work.

And really if it were any other way, if people of ordinary or slightly developed spiritual and energetic abilities could just will and manifest the world at whim, it wouldn't be the orderly and predictable physical world that we experience, it would be some chaotic dreamscape.

At least according to the best authors on Manifestation (like Jane Roberts/Seth), the thing to understand is that we are all unconsciously magicians as we are creating our daily experiences based on our thoughts and emotions. This has nothing to do with psychokinetic powers etc. If you become aware of the contents of your mind and how they affect your life, and focus on those thoughts and emotions that will give you the results you desire, then you are turning into a conscious magician. The only difference between the average Joe and a magician is that the latter practices to powerfully project their true intentions.

Sources, please.

I would imagine Raynevin is referring to the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research project (PEAR).

• Like 1

The law of attraction/the secret is mostly BS to make money and sell books to hopeful people, looking to escape from mundane life.

They have a few good lines... Some of what they say is true but a lot of it is exaggerated and not explained/understood by the main promoters.

Just hoping and convincing yourself something will happen is not enough. They make it out to be "whatever you want, it's yours". There's always a price or something that must be exchanged. You don't get something for nothing.

In most cases it's merely a motivation tool to make lazy people get off their asses and put some effort into the things they want. In that respect, it makes you reassess life and what you want out of it. You can do that without buying into their books/DVDs/workshops.

• Like 1

Why not have faith in your skill, knowledge and intelligence?

Very simply, I am a failure. I am 39 years old, and no matter how hard I have worked, the inner changes I have made, the rules I have followed or occasionally broken - nothing at all has done anything at all to improve my current life experience. Nothing at all!

My knowledge, intelligence and skill has done one thing... It has brought me to this point. In the process of coming to this point my life expreience and situation is very much the same as it has been for the greater portion of my life. But my mindset has changed substantially, and I am no longer depressed and angry, tossed about by the circumstances of my life.

So, in short, my circumstances have not changed much, but where they had a great effect on me before, they have less of an effect on me now. This is a culmination of leaving the Christian religion, positive thinking, working on my anger, and now studying LoA.

I have done everything I know to do. I have taken every action I have known to take. The consequences of my actions have had little or no effect on my life circumstances. My knowledge, intelligence and skill has not been, and is not, enough to change my life in any fulfilling, meaningful or substantial way.

You say I have exchanged one belief system for another. I say it is not the same. When I was a Christian, I identified myself as a Christian. I defended my beliefs. Those beliefs were a part of my identity. In this case my beliefs are not a part of my identity. If the LoA teachings prove false in my own experience, I will drop them. I learned my lesson and I will not be defined or identified by what I believe.

The problem is that if LoA proves false in my own experience, then there is nothing left. I have tried everything else. Another poster says I need to find inner contentment with my life circumstances. I can not, as far as I understand it, as far as I know, do this.

I do not have to live in the future when things will be better, or dwell on the past. I can stay in the present moment and hope for a better life experience. I can do this without being attached to this or adverse to my current experience. I can have faith that the Universe provides, meanwhile acknowledging my present moment experience, bringing awareness to what I am feeling in this moment, moment by moment.

I am not willing to sit back, look around at my current life experience, smile and act as if everything is OK, because that would be a lie. It is not OK. I am not happy with it. I must be authentic and honest with my feelings. I want more. I want a seat at the table, not the fucking scraps, end of story! I want to enjoy all this life has to offer, and that can not be done without resoures and wealth. I have lived poorly, in more ways than one, all my life. I refuse to continue living that way. Either my life will imrprove or it will end.

That's what it really comes down to. Will the LoA teachings point me towards my desired outcome, or hinder me? The Christian teachings hindered me. The LoA teachings, so far, do not. But if I am going to bet on this horse, I damn well better know it can run, which is the purpose of this thread,.

Thank you everyone for your replies so far. I see some things I need to address in myself, and I appreciate you helping me to see them.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

"Either my life will improve or it will end" I'd say this is a misinformed idea:

For instance if one's present physical life ends while having a hellish, unresolved like mindset then the energy of that will continue or arise in another and whatever resultant form per any self-destructive LoA actions - that is until work is done for resolution, for there is no checking out of one's state or place with threats to the "universe". (period) Further, a "not to be" part of an old saying is an impossible dream, for no one "slips out the back jack" without facing whatever needs to be faced - sooner or later... btw, a 'later' and unfortunate result that has fewer or lost opportunities makes for a tougher game and even harder work like crawling on one's belly over broken glass for miles while being pounded on with a sledge hammer just in order to reach a clean strip of dirt and grass and hopefully catch a break, for in that case when said strip of dirt and grass is finally reached it would give joy and rest for which one's heartfelt thanks would pour out to the previously hated and wrongly misjudged universe!

(edit: some sentence clean up)

Edited by 3bob

These beliefs work to trigger wealth yoga's in the charts of a small subset of people that have such a disposition; these people will swear blindly that it worked because it did for them.

If you do not have this temporal predisposition, it simply will not work for you; the temporal predisposition also refers to the chart of your country and its economy, as well as any wealth indications such as rajayoga in your own chart ...

Edited by iain

These beliefs work to trigger wealth yoga's in the charts of a small subset of people that have such a disposition; these people will swear blindly that it worked because it did for them.

If you do not have this temporal predisposition, it simply will not work for you; the temporal predisposition also refers to the chart of your country and its economy, as well as any wealth indications such as rajayoga in your own chart ...

I would very much like more information on this, as well as titles of any books on the subject.

I would very much like more information on this, as well as titles of any books on the subject.

Hello DreamBliss,

I am speaking from the vantage of one versed in jyotish shastra which is a vedaga used for the understanding of vedic wisdom; as such I could refer you to the Bṛhat Parāśara Horā śāstra; though it is not recommended that this be studied with out the assistance of an expert; it will dispel this illusion for you fully, and replace it with sound advice in how to work with your own set of possible futures; by which you can obtain peace of mind. It is NOT as simple self help book nor is it intended to be.

There are other methods, but this is the one with which I am currently most familiar.

My own teacher is starting a new batch of courses this coming year; if you would like I can put you into contact with the course mentor? If this is too expensive for you, I will take a little look at your chart for you and advise, as I have previously mentioned; a precise birth time is required rectification is a long timely process and out of the scope of a simple gesture.

Perhaps the simplest route, if that is what you seek, is to have a chart reading with a trusted Jyotisha, to have a method formulated personally.

I am not getting any commission nor do I have a vested interest; here is a link for my teachers site from where you can investigate course subscription.

http://srath.com/

Edited by iain
  • Like 1

Hi DreamBliss,

I'm not sure if you had a chance to read The Nature of Personal Reality yet. There, Seth explains that all those visualizations and affirmations won't work as long as they are counteracted by negative beliefs held on a deeper level. It is these beliefs that are keeping you down. And they will continue to do so until you have unearthed them and clearly understood them as being wrong.

What are these beliefs that stand in your way? And what are the better alternatives for them? These are questions that, ultimately, only you can answer. All I can do is to try to provide you with a few hints based on some of your posts of yours, on this thread and others.

Okay, so you say that you can't have confidence in your knowledge, creativity and intelligence because you haven't achieved much so far. But that is only your perspective right now, and frankly, it's quite biased. I think of you as someone who is strongly oriented inwards (not only your pen name is telling me this). You are evaluating yourself in terms of achievements in the outer world. True, individuals like you typically don't have an easy stand in a world that so much stresses external achievement. Yet, by the same token, they are in the unique position to provide so many who are feeling the lack that exists in this regard with insight and guidance.

There is a contribution that only you, DreamBliss, can make, based on your individuality, your life experience, the way you communicate with others. I would know because you were able to help me answer a question about my life in a private conversation not long ago, in a way nobody else had been able to. :) You said, it's because of your personal experience. There you go, my friend!

What you have experienced, you have experienced for a reason. In most fundamental terms, it's all about Consciousness exploring itself, in you and through you. You have an inclination to introspection and philosophical thinking, plus the ability to express yourself eloquently. You are meant to use all that to the full.

Focus on what you already have, not on what you don't have yet. ;) Make best of it. All that you desire can come to you, if you allow the energy that comes from Source to flow through you freely.

Please carefully investigate your beliefs regarding money. You seem to hold a typical belief that - while it's okay to get paid for fixing somebody's sink - it's not okay to ask for money in return for helping them with issues of consciousness. Why is that so? We are living in a material world and need a fair amount of money just in order to live more or less comfortably on a daily base. If healers and teachers can't raise money in the course of using their abilities, then, in most cases, this limits their activities to something like a hobby. What a petty for all concerned!

Don't get me wrong - sharing one's knowledge generously is a wonderful thing, whether it's about spiritual things or making pancake. But why does it have to be one or the other? It's indeed a good idea to offer plenty of interesting stuff for free, i.e. on a website. Folks who resonate with it and want more will then be happy to pay for (reasonably prized) books, DVDs, webinars (what have you) that you can offer at the same time. That's a win-win scenario.

Yes, it takes courage and effort to move forward with one's talents. To be sure, any kind of change does - as we tend to cling to a familiar misery rather than to tread on unknown and uncharted territory. What if we run into difficulty? What if things don't work out the way we wish? Well, my take on this: From mistakes we can learn. We can reset our course any time, if need be. Believe in success, but don't make a "swim or drown" thing out of your endeavours. That is just another way to keep yourself away from taking action in the first place. Do your best but don't worry about the outcome.

Right, there are the concerned family members fearing for your soul. That's a tricky one. Maybe you can communicate to them that you are looking at certain things differently, in terms they're able to understand? (The Bible is replete with esoteric stuff for people who have the eyes to see it.) Be that as it may, probably, it will be best to move out of your current place in the long run (not least in regard of a lady friend ;) ). If the other members of your family truly care for you, they will appreciate to see you happy even if they don't fully understand all of your ways.

Michael

• Like 3