suninmyeyes

a girl gets married to a dog in order to break a bad spell

The hesitant bride said: 'I am marrying a dog because the village elders believe that my evil spell will be passed on to the dog.

Poor dog :(

• Like 1

No - his body language is iffy. Plus, that looks like a nasty nosebleed he had before the ceremony.

Edited by manitou

Of course, it is entirely possible he loves the girl but didn't appreciate the face-painting.

The hesitant bride said: 'I am marrying a dog because the village elders believe that my evil spell will be passed on to the dog.

Ah yes, marriage.

It is interesting to see this reported in a British rag, this ritual happens all the time in India, more often a pot is used not a dog.

I have had direct experience of the negative side of this relativistic culmination when the ritual is not performed; it was very frightening to observe and indeed be a part of; the Fathers side of this girls family had be totally destroyed and He handicapped through accident.
I won't go into the details of what happen when we got together, but it was as if it were indirectly connected to our meeting.
This should be taken very seriously, to cast dispersions from the obstructed vantage point of ignorance, would be a rather foolish stance to adopt; In my opinion.

The culture describing the rite is one of the oldest surviving culture on the planet and a culture that has greatly influenced the world as a whole, the proof is in the pudding as they say ...

I believe that they have forgotten to mention that the village elders were astrologers; in this occidental translation of the proceedings.

Edited by iain
  • Like 1

iaian, what happens next? Do they go on with there lives or is it some kind of long term marriage that the girl is trapped in?

Whoops never mind. Through the power of reading I learned the girl is free to marry again later. So it is a bad luck breaking ceremony.

What is the origin of these curses. Why does it happen more often to a family and not to an individual. Surely it must be a behavioural pattern created and empowered by the collective of such a belief, that to need to feed it, and perform a marriage to a dog - is astounding.

You are quite welcome Brian.

Hello the learner, Lth,

The events happen to individuals or groups depending upon the placement of the Gaṇḍānta Junctions in the chart at the time of birth; the origin is past karma of the people involved; not necessarily the person who was born it can also be the karma of the family affected. Perhaps as a learning experience for those involved; these subjects have a tendency to accelerate ones spiritual learning curve; It is a tricky subject in India today as people move away from the ancient beliefs and customs with the moral opinions from infiltrating foreign culture, effecting the established beliefs and status quo; to the dismay of many, and understandably so, if one has a grasp of the subjects at hand ... Though a normal progression for KaliYuga.

The these particular sandhya or Gaṇḍānta junctions are the meeting point of the lunar and solar zodiacs; there are others. The junctions relate directly to the void and to spiritual growth also. The beloved Dog holds a particular place in Indian tradition; as any familiar with the epic mahabharata will know.

The case with which I have experience was with a French native so obviously no remedies had been performed; I strongly suspect that her mother also has strong Gaṇḍānta connections in her chart also general havoc ensued; as you rightly say it does run in families, often I have remarked royals, you will observe a tradition of royals being brought up by other people, rather than than the parents themselves this is said to disable the cause and effect; I strongly suspect that these traditions are in some way related ...
Though this would be rather the domain of the RajaJyotish, rather than the village astrologer.

For an example HRH Prince Charles has his Natal Moon in a Junction, as does HRH Queen Elisabeth II; Lady Dianna her ascendant.

Here is an explanation and some examples written by my esteemed Jyotish Guru Pt Sanjay Rath.

To understand the depths of the ocean of Jyotish can take many lifetimes.

Edited by iain
  • Like 1

I was going to mention that didn't Jesus cast a demonic entity into a pig? But from rereading your post, Iain, it doesn't seem that there is a relationship there. Thank you so much for your information, and I apologize for my ignorance.

I was going to mention that didn't Jesus cast a demonic entity into a pig? But from rereading your post, Iain, it doesn't seem that there is a relationship there. Thank you so much for your information, and I apologize for my ignorance.

There is no need to apologise manitou; this subject is very difficult to accept unless one has studied it, thus realises that there is a logic behind it; It is a serious spiritual matter so I have no problem to discuss it.

Similar rituals are performed if a parent risks loosing a child; we might consider this as the ultimate preventative medicine.

I read the chart of a friend the other day who had such a placement for the loss of a child; sure enough he had lost his first child.

Jyotisha, if trained highly enough, do I believe also perform exorcism to "dispel" possessions. I have a lot of study to do still but I fully intend to work with the mentally ill, or spiritually possessed; the patterns of which do install them selves over several generations when adharma is rife; Much of the basic chart work is of the same nature but a less intense version there of.

Most people simply want to know when they will get rich and never consider the implications any further.

Edited by iain
  • Like 1

Most people simply want to know when they will get rich and never consider the implications any further.

If people would only realize that money is nothing more than stuck energy, perhaps they wouldn't be so focused on it. Better the energy flow, IMO.

• Like 2

If people would only realize that money is nothing more than stuck energy, perhaps they wouldn't be so focused on it. Better the energy flow, IMO.

In that case I'm feeling rich today.

• Like 3

The implications of damning and flow are vast ...

Things that we would be wise to consider, as you wisely state Manitou; what happens when wealth stops flowing? If those at the top of the hill either damn, or dirty the water ...

The kumbha or kunda (water pot or pitcher) are representative of the 11th bhāva or house source of wealth, stored water carried by the water bearer in the pitcher carrying fresh water from the mountains. We find relevance here to stored karma, in this pot this kunda. Now this pitcher has its uses, but of course we know that if you store water for to long, it becomes stagnant and thus it is critical that there be a flow, life is a flow. This is in part, the symbolism of Aquarius.
The other facet of wealth and its generations is Taurus the Bull; found in the pastures down river, and here we see the other side of wealth, the paśu is the tethered beast, in our conception of wealth its stores are taurus the 2nd house; The tethered beast drinks and eats upon the well irrigated pasture.

Fear of having nothing can transform man into a rampaging beast, as can the possibility of getting something for nothing; especially when competition becomes rife; perhaps then it is far better that man be tethered by wealth ...

This is true for all forms of flow and as a dynamic, and is rather predictable.

Wealth is also synonymous with knowledge.

• Like 2

.. this subject is very difficult to accept unless one has studied it, thus realises that there is a logic behind it; It is a serious spiritual matter so I have no problem to discuss it.

I haven't studied (not Hindu esoteric astrology) but I've hung out at Ashrams with people who do. They've seemed pretty learned and wise. So even though I have no conceptual or cultural frame for it, I trust them enough to be open and respectful of it.

Wealth is also synonymous with knowledge.

So if I'm reading you correctly, this sense of 'Knowledge' is better replaced with the Beginners' Mind, if the metaphor holds true.

Edited by manitou

Hello Manitou,

I am not certain that I have understood your thought in perhaps that which is meant by beginners mind; it is perhaps a tao reference with which I am not yet familiar, but this is a little more on the nature of knowledge in this cycle; how it relates to the topic at hand from my current perspective. I like to get into the details of the flow of tao, thus my studies and these explanations.

Knowledge of mind is not the same as knowledge of an object, knowledge of an object is always relative to a point of reference; of a place and a time; The closer we are to the source of the knowledge, the longer lasting is the knowledge. Knowledge also exists out side of space and time; describing it rather than being of it, at this level though later they also merge; these are the tattva or elements.

The pasture may become a desert when the river takes another path, and by this simple analogy we can also see how research scientists may find themselves unemployed, when a new branch or technology renders their own obsolete even after years of work and study; the river still emerges from the same glacier but it now flows to another valley. The same is true of all technology consequent employment; This is the differentiation of knowledge.
Thus the store is somewhat more fragile over time if one does not have a good connection to the source.

Aquarius or rather Kumbha is also the house by which we enter and leave this life, this world; the pitcher or kunda is the body.

Kind regards.

Edited by iain