deci belle

The Meaning of No Meaning

All people are equally free, all the time, always. All beings and things have always been equally free. Clinging to ego is freedom. Enlightenment is freedom. Suffering is freedom. Someone not having heard of any spiritual possibilities whatsoever is fully free. Someone thinking he is in control of himself and of the whole world is fully free.

Being this body and these thoughts is an accident which no one is responsible for. Now, there is that other (sometimes annoying) body with its thoughts. The other body is clearly in pains with its thoughts and attitudes. All the bodies in this world are like volcanoes. Brains are erupting consciousness with thoughts and feelings all the time (mind). Is there free lava and non-free lava? Is the volcano inferior to the mind? Is the volcano inferior to the brains just because it's erupting lava instead of mind-stuff? Is the volcano controlling the lava flow? Is the brain controlling the thought flow? Is the brain controlling the controlling of [...] thought flow? Is a thought better than lava just because it can't be seen? There are no free or non-free thoughts (or lava). There are just thoughts. No cause, things happen. There's freedom, but there's no one to be free from anything. There's mind and there's a rock. Both may be appearances.

"What is buddha? Yun-men said: Dried shit stick."

Edited by FmAm
  • Like 2

Well done, Rara!! …and thank you all for the nice replies❤︎

Even so, FmAm, freedom is knowing the nature of appearances (or not) and not following unawares. Having knowledge yet being unable to act on knowledge is the same as having no knowledge. Knowledge is seeing; acting on knowledge is not going along with appearances unawares.

Your excellent comment is missing just the one aspect of opening up and accepting its (knowledge's) function without entertaining the illusion of self-reflective doing (control).

Yun-men's dried shit-stick, already applied in terms of essence, potential, absolute, relative and enlightening response, aptly portrays the point of no-meaning, yet what is one's own freely applied effect, in terms of recognition? There is a point of power wholly inseparable: a shit-stick being the one very sameness.

Yun-men is brilliant at the turn of a phrase~ he could have very well said, "Whatever". It's just that people being what they are, just this kind of utterance has stood the ages …haha!! poor Yun-men. haha!!

Arrival at non-objectifying freedom is the fundamental basis for independent subtle observation. Use it well.

The meaning of subtle observation is knowledge not devolving into ramifications. Consciously aware is the root, not following the branches is resting in the highest good. (from paragraph 13 of the OP)

ed note: add response to FmAm; tweak the line with the parenthesized "(control)" in 2nd paragraph; add quote from the OP

Edited by deci belle

Just google wayfairie.tumblr taobums (because my content is evidently keyed to my "title" here on taobums), enough of the old threads will come up to keep anyone occupied… There are five years worth of threads, even though I have only posted 1700 times since December 2008.

I used to be able to go back to my first post when rain responded (and I PM'd her~ heehee!!). And just a little before that (date in time), was the last time Sean posted in the Articles Section.

ed note: write out my ttb title in the 1st sentence

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

Nice Post Deci !

I once showed someone a simple hand scrawled diagram that changes from a pentagram into a pyramid before your eyes, and his only reply was “What does it mean?”

I'd like to see that diagram handscrawled or mspainted if possible ;D

Best whishes

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Asmo~ ask Apech about it— he's the one I showed.❤︎

It's just that I only stumbled on it myself by accident and PM'd him about it immediately because he is into Egyptology and such, so I knew he would relate to it.

The effect of the change is quite striking, but I only did it the one time myself before I described it to him (then I never did it again). Maybe he has the PM or perhaps you might doodle around in the interim.

It's a (scrawled *that's key* haha!!) star-shape with some sort of pentagonal line tying it together as I recall.

Apech was able to arrive at the effect by my description easily enough, Asmo~ ask him if he can conjure it up again for you! As for an mspainting, I am web-illiterate, myself— I don't know what one is~ heehee!!

ed note: add explanatory note below 1st line

Edited by deci belle