Nureddin

Sufi muslim to understand healing

As salam alaikum, I am sunni muslim of a sufi tariqa, and I have entered in the list as I am seeking information about acupuncture or qigong teachings for healing and the perspective of how and to what limit can a muslim benefit from that healing doctrinal background as expounded for example in taoism without leaving at all siratal mustaqim and orthodox Islam. I hope to hear from members that can provide me useful insights on it. Particularly I have been reading some comments from a member Isimsiz Biri. As salam alaikum to all.

• Like 3

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to have you as a member.

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Chang and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Like 1

The only doctrine that i have come across in my current Chi Kung practices are such....thought it may very from system to system. Best of luck in your search.

1. Practice Daily

2. Control your emotions

3. Live a moral life.

• Like 2

Greetings and peace to you. One interesting aspect within some taoists practices is 'bone breathing' meditations. Where you visually move through the bone structure and lighting up each bone. Its not about the skeleton per se, rather I think attention is .. stimulating. Beyond structure bones are living, they produce our blood, especially our white blood cells.

A good example is Chi Nei Tsang's Bone Dreaming meditation - (near bottom) http://www.chineitsang.com/books-and-media/ which takes its time slowly (50 minutes) lighting up the skeletal system. Its also incorporated into a few other systems. Its an interesting approach to health, starting from the bones out.

A practice like the bone breathing meditation shouldn't cross any religious lines. Its working with your own body, no external forces.

When I think Sufi, I think exuberant spinning. A couple eastern arts have practices that cause the body to vibrate, it'd be interesting to know about the physical and spiritual benefits of spin.

Yours

Michael

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2