Sign in to follow this  
Yasjua

Transcendence of Food

During periods of very intense awakeness over the past few years, I've found myself thinking and feeling, "nothing is needed, nothing is wanted, life is no more significant than death, and I don't need to exist for any reason." My perception told me that eating food is just the habit of enforcing the psychological survival-sense/instinct. My mind has grown fond of science and I really value the effect of food on the body, and I have an immense respect for the complexity of health and nutrition. But in that intense brightness that sometimes happens when my practice is strong, there is no need for health, nutrition, survival, or well-being. Food loses its psychological function and becomes nothing but a beautiful and interesting object, but bares no relationship to "I" whatsoever. Anyone find any of this relatable?

I call this a temporary mind-trick.

Or possibly an extreme realisation...possibly something that hasn't dawned on you at all until now.

Did you take food for granted up until recently, do you think?

I find it relatable.

During, and briefly after a few awakening times, eating food felt really novel, interesting and fun.

I couldn't tell if I was hungry or not. There was no desire for it on the level of my feeling of self. Probably as you said, the psychological aspect of 'wanting' food wasn't there.

However when I am not in that state or space, my relationship to food is more addictive.

Edited by somatech

This doesn't sound like balance to me. Food should never be not wanted nor addictive.

I suggest working to leave the state of mind that separates your "awakened state" and you other state (whatever you decide to call this)

Sign in to follow this