Rara

Chi Jewellery? What are your thoughts?

I was about to post this in another thread that is already well under way but thought it probably warrants a thread of it's own.

So I'm curious. What are people's thoughts on "chi/energy necklaces/pendants/bracelets". I see these marketed as "scientifically proven to show they enhance energy levels, keeping you going for longer"

I have a view on this, but just wondering what others think.

This one hums with Qi.

It's one of the few that I've encountered and it thrums with energy. They are not readily available.

post-103196-0-51836000-1418399551_thumb.jpg

post-103196-0-21330700-1418399667_thumb.jpg

Yeh Ming Zhu, or The Dragon's Pearl, is the only type of flourite known to glow from standard light, not UV. This particular stone has been glowing steadily for three years, under my care. It requires just an hour or so in the sun and then glows for days.

My cousin, who also has several pieces, recently moved to Hawaii. She placed her pieces in the moving crate with all their other belongings. She said, after three weeks in the silk in the crate, it was still glowing softly when she opened it.

I received mine from a monk who smuggled a dozen or so pieces out of China at some personal risk. The last deposit was found in the late 80's. It's exceedingly rare and since its discovery was not made available to peasants. Only recently have these begun to creep quietly out.

• Like 5

This one hums with Qi.

It's one of the few that I've encountered and it thrums with energy. They are not readily available.

ye ming zhu 2.jpg

yeh ming zhu.jpg

Yeh Ming Zhu, or The Dragon's Pearl, is the only type of flourite known to glow from standard light, not UV. This particular stone has been glowing steadily for three years, under my care. It requires just an hour or so in the sun and then glows for days.

My cousin, who also has several pieces, recently moved to Hawaii. She placed her pieces in the moving crate with all their other belongings. She said, after three weeks in the silk in the crate, it was still glowing softly when she opened it.

I received mine from a monk who smuggled a dozen or so pieces out of China at some personal risk. The last deposit was found in the late 80's. It's exceedingly rare and since its discovery was not made available to peasants. Only recently have these begun to creep quietly out.

You've just given me a new life goal!!! I've got to see me one of those!

So I'm curious. What are people's thoughts on "chi/energy necklaces/pendants/bracelets". I see these marketed as "scientifically proven to show they enhance energy levels, keeping you going for longer"

Marketed, yes. You were told by the salesperson but where is the scientific proof...???

• Like 2

Marketed, yes. You were told by the salesperson but where is the scientific proof...???

Exactly! Isn't "scientifically proven" oxymoronic anyway? Science doesn't prove, it explains processes.

So there is all sorts of pseudo-science and word jumbling yet again that confuses the buyer into believing it's got to work.

So, materials. My question is, can materials transmit energy into a human by making contact with it? I can see how chemically, tests could show changes in the body from the contact, and therefore brain chemistry. How much is this psychological though?

You can get "chi jewellery" for very little money, or A LOT of money. Something seems amiss.

• Like 1

I can see how crystals or certain other materials used for jewellery, would be beneficial to have on you. Particular symbols even.

Hi SA. Would you care to explain this further?

This one hums with Qi.

ye ming zhu 2.jpg

yeh ming zhu.jpg

Hello :) What other properties does it have other than glowing?

I have a rudraksha mala.

The energetic claims made about rudraksha seem unfounded to me. I've felt nothing from it.

Its use as an aid in meditation/breathing is great, and it's very nice to look at, but nothing more funky than that.

I'd be very very sceptical of anyone saying "Buy this it'll make your energy grow"

No different to "health" companies claiming that their newest supplement will make you lose weight and gain muscle

• Like 2

Hi SA. Would you care to explain this further?

I would, but any explanation would ruin it. Remember how great Xmas was until you found out that Santa wasn't really coming to town? :P

• Like 2

if i had to choose any jewelry that i felt really had good energy,

I'd buy either some jade, crafted by a very skilled artisan, or a bracelet made from agar wood incense.

those things have real qi,

but they won't improve your levels of nei dan cultivation,

they are just nice objects that feel good

I would, but any explanation would ruin it. Remember how great Xmas was until you found out that Santa wasn't really coming to town? :P

Oh right!

if i had to choose any jewelry that i felt really had good energy,

I'd buy either some jade, crafted by a very skilled artisan, or a bracelet made from agar wood incense.

those things have real qi,

but they won't improve your levels of nei dan cultivation,

they are just nice objects that feel good

Sort of like, how looking at the beach is calming/revitalising?