Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Steps to Awaken Humanity

Although Lao Tzu correctly said, "If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of your self." there are steps that could be taken to facilitate that process.

An excellent step is found in John Lennon's song Imagine:

"Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace"

Religious memes are the worse cancers that have inflicted humanity.

A noble gesture towards Awakening Humanity would be the end of the Christian calendar. Our current calendarics are designed to keep society as a whole disconnected from nature. The Christian calendar has influenced secular governments, social structures, and the ideology of economics long enough.

A calendar establishes the rhythm of social life. In a large part of the world, the Christian belief system, through its calendar, infiltrates the rhythm of our years, months, and weeks, and thus, albeit subtly to most, dominates society. Because Christianity’s Gregorian calendar disconnects us from the natural cycles of life, it is one of the most significant underlying impediments to peace, love, and spirituality in the world.

A calendar organizes our human activities. The Christian calendar has much to do with our difficulty. Although the Christian calendar is an outer manifestation, it governs our inner life by obscuring the natural cycles of the outer.

To establish peace, love, and a connection with spirituality in the world, we need a profound shift in our everyday consciousness that can be facilitated through a "natural calendar" one based on natural time. The CRFC (Calendar Reform for the Future of Civilization) pointed out that "by rational discourse and common sense, it has been determined that the Gregorian calendar does not represent a true or accurate standard of measure or belong to any systematic science of time, and hence, is worthy of reform." That is to say, as the sword is an anachronism in modern warfare, the Gregorian calendar is, as Rick McCarty says, "an anachronistic scheme serving the interests of men in a pre-scientific, theocratic society with a feudal economy." The Christian calendar encourages neither love nor a birthing of human beingness. It stimulates unrest, disempowerment, conflict, unrighteous intolerance, and violence.

A natural calendar based on the natural rhythms of earth and our relationship within the universe would promptly change everything. Our activities would ensue through an atmosphere of connectivity and cooperation, versus an environment that arose from spiritually limiting Aristotelian logic and dissynchronizing theocratic beliefs. We are where our attention is. If our attention functions within a religio-centric environment, there is an obscuring of our essence and human potential. It doesn’t matter whether we think that we are becoming more evolved; we simply are not, and we cannot cultivate the sapientialness needed upon a dogmatic sciential foundation. Christianity is a patriarchal, cerebrally invented religion whose intent is to perpetuate an inferior humanity.

Christian calendarics muddies our view and understanding of the nature of time and timelessness. The Gregorian calendar denies zero, whereas calendars that connect us with the natural rhythms of time and those things upon which time effects its motion, encourage our human potential and fosters what Sam Harris calls Contemplatice Science. Religions such as Christianity, along with their instruments of propaganda, such as the Gregorian calendar, step between us and our direct experience with human potential.

What a gift to Humanity,...what a gift of love,…the end of the Christian calendar.

Hmnn, changing the names and times of day would lead to more love?? Perhaps if we just knocked out Fridays and just called it preSaturday things would be better. <I myself blame the Norse gods more then the Christians, course I'm always grumpy on Thorsday>

Personally, I think when we stop blaming externals and begin searching and evolving internally we're on the right path.

The Jewish calendar is mostly lunar with some solar adjustments. Its nice to have a bit of connection to the feminine lunar cycle, but it'll a lot more then a calendar to Awaken Humanity. I'd aim at deeper sense of meaning and closer communities to have a shot at that.

Why don't you experiment and create your own calendar with your own names and see if you feel happier and more optimistic with it. Then let us know.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Personally, I think when we stop blaming externals and begin searching and evolving internally we're on the right path.

Why don't you experiment and create your own calendar with your own names and see if you feel happier and more optimistic with it. Then let us know.

In actuality, the externals are a reflection of the internals,...however, as long as externals remain in place, like the Christian Calendar, it remains very difficult to shift the internal.

Fortunately for me, as I am not self-forced to engage in this sick society on a regular basis,...I personally follow a Tibetan-Pagan mandala calendar,....4 Corners and four Gates,...and thus celebrate Earth's 8 holidays,...although some are celebrated for a few days, like the Solstices.

There is no such thing as "Humanity". There are many different individuals and groups of peopl with infinitely diverse levels of awareness.

The only way to awaken a mass of people is to throw an ignited stick of dynamite at them, and hope that it will be effective at waking them up (although it probably won't).

Most people just want to be left alone in order to do their thing (the thing being a pattern which is probably the result of information which they received from the ministry of truth). Which is just fine, so long as they don't complain about politics.

Edited by IntuitiveWanderer

Sign in to follow this