clearclouds

How many Aussie Bums?

I was 22yrs old at the time, My Sifu was also a member and was my Sihing in the Temple. I dont know if ordain is the right word for it cause it sounds like a buddhist way or christian monk. But i did the full ceremony and stuff with the other new members. I got my Daoist name and robes, hat back then i knew the full chants which ive lost it all now since my Sifu passed away sometime ago and i moved out of Sydney.

I try and follow a good way but the road is never that straight for me!!! :( As long as im aware of that PATH i can always get straight back on it and keep trying.

regards

WYG

.....As long as im aware of that PATH i can always get straight back on it and keep trying.

Returning is the Motion of the Dao. If your sincerely 'doing' that, your succesfully 'doing ' the only thing that can be 'done'.

Regards,Cloud :)

Actually, here is a questuion for the Australians. Is anyone here experienced with Erle Montaigues Tai Ji,both as a health sysytem & as a fighting style ? Having watched excerpts on you tube & so forth, I love the way he teaches & explains things.

But does it work ?

I have no idea how to assess such things,I dont know what to look for. Feedback anybody ?

Regards, Cloud :)

I have met Erle back in 1993 when he held his dim mak seminar i was also training in my own systems energy system of hakka kung fu. Erle is a great person always has time to answer and was going to write a preface for my book long time ago. I have had some of his students come visit me from time to time and i must say i dont mind his old yang style taiji form it is very different to what is out there and worth having a look at if you are a taiji player.

He has some interesting views and some of stuff on youtube are great to watch he has some valuable knowledge on his own system that is for sure.

WYG

I didnt answer all your questions!

Erles stuff can work as long as you train as in anything, but playing around with peoples energy can have its downfalls and the people can suffer. George Dillman has been knocking people out and some have almost died one of them i was told on national T.V and a doctor in the audience had to review the guy and he was left with internal injuries!!!

You dont need to know dim mak or the like you can get around it with a internal iorn palm or phoenix eye striking. The points are very high level and if they are used are even more potent but you can injure people by playing around with it. You need to know dit dar medicine, energy healing, massage, accupuncture to help correct them if you have $@#@ there energy up. I know a master that he says dim mak is not with striking at all!

Actually, here is a questuion for the Australians. Is anyone here experienced with Erle Montaigues Tai Ji,both as a health sysytem & as a fighting style ? Having watched excerpts on you tube & so forth, I love the way he teaches & explains things.

But does it work ?

Can't comment on the health aspect, except to say it seem as good as the Tai Chi that I do personally, hopefully that is good for my health :)

The martial arts part works. I have trained with one of his students here in Townsville (Well Ian Garbett's student, tied up with Erle's system) I know a few others too and they all fight very well. I also love the way Erle explains stuff. 2 people with a bit of martial arts experience could practice and learn from his videos

I didnt answer all your questions!

No problem. Im just interested in exploring it, but want to be reasonably sure Im not wasting my time. My primary interest is in the health angle & the 'authenticity' of the system. So anything that contributes to that is an answer :)

Regards, Cloud :)

Another question for the australians.

In some of the more esoteric systems Ive glanced at , they become quite particular about practices performed on certain hours of the day, facing certain directions of the compass,even directing awareness to certain constellations overhead, etc. Are these systems of symbolic correspondence designed for practitioners in the Northern Hemisphere only. Are their any adjustments for practitioners in the Southern hemisphere ?

REgards, Cloud :)

Well im my practice what ever feels best that is the direction, i guess trying to be more sensitive to the energy around you. For instance stand for however long it takes for you to feel the best direction, like scanning the area?

Hi,

Im hoping to make it up to Sydney to see your Sifu a few things have come up which are serious and doesnt look good for me but im hoping to.

How did the mind body spirit festival go with your teacher, im looking at getting a stale next year my students said it would be a good way to promote my arts.

WYG

i wish i lived in Australia right about now lol. not only does your sifu look authentic his teaching is affordable... $500 for 3 months.

$500 for meeting twice a week for 3 months? haha a two day seminar can cost over $500 easily in the usa - and it's total crap you're learning lol.

I guess but depends on the teacher and what he teachers too, just cause someone says they are a daoist master or buddhist master doesnt mean then can pump up the fee's. There are teachers that are cheap and have the same knowledge without the tittles if you lucky enough to find them?!

I might have to pump up my prices im way too cheap!!! :unsure:

I am in Australia as well.

Clearclouds, I've been to a few of Master Dong Yang's classes before and although he is competent in his mastery of the martial arts he teaches, I have seen no students even close to what he is capable of. Although some have been training with him for over 8 years.

In the classes, he shares nothing on technique and is apparant in the skill level of his students.

Can you comment on this if you're still on the forum?

How was the visit to China that he was planning? Would be interesting to hear your views on it.

Enjoy your practice.

mouse

Has anybody Trained with the Sydney Master Bing Zhao "Originally from Brisbane"? Its said He is Capable of & Teaches a very real form of Empty Power (Attacking One From A Distance). According to Him its the Original thing from China-centuries old ?

Just recently I met a 7 year student of Bings who has studied the 2 Key movements everyday for over 7 years. However He cannot do much. From the Method shown I cannot see how this is possible ? Im certain what this Teacher has is kept soley to Himself.

Tere is also in Bisbane Master Liao who studied with master Yan Xin & the same teacher as the Famous Zhang Hongbao who died in 2006. Teachings are Taoist Alchemy & Various lightbody Skills.

Edited by r.w.smith

Has anybody Trained with the Sydney Master Bing Zhao "Originally from Brisbane"? Its said He is Capable of & Teaches a very real form of Empty Power (Attacking One From A Distance). According to Him its the Original thing from China-centuries old ?

Just recently I met a 7 year student of Bings who has studied the 2 Key movements everyday for over 7 years. However He cannot do much. From the Method shown I cannot see how this is possible ? Im certain what this Teacher has is kept soley to Himself.

Tere is also in Bisbane Master Liao who studied with master Yan Xin & the same teacher as the Famous Zhang Hongbao who died in 2006.

r.w. smith,

Zhao Bing and Dong Yang are one and the same. Dong Yang is his ordination name under the Taoist lineage.

I've trained in maybe 10 sessions before and he is very competent with his ability but doesn't teach anything which is why students get no where. You can see from his Taiji form, that he's got all principles right. Even in his sword form has principles down pat.

However, he does not teach an ounce on it in classes which is why I ask clearclouds to share his views as he is a long term student.

Enjoy your practice,

mouse

Tere is also in Bisbane Master Liao who studied with master Yan Xin & the same teacher as the Famous Zhang Hongbao who died in 2006. Teachings are Taoist Alchemy & Various lightbody Skills.

Hi R.W. Smith,

Can you provide more information on this Brisbane Master Liao you are referring to? Website, contact information, history, lineage etc? He sounds interersting.

Many thanks!

In kind regards,

Adam.