clearclouds

How many Aussie Bums?

Just wondering how many TB's are in Australia, and also if anyone can point me in a good direction for any forums that have a lot of Aussies. Basically, now that my Daoist Master has decided to go large scale to the public, I thought that I'd let as many people know as possible.

His are genuine daoist teachings to achieve the elixir and more importantly maintain it. In terms of the ultimate aspirations of Taoists - to Achieve Dao is one thing and relatively easy, but to maintain it and develop it toward Da Dao is the true task, it is what all results depend on, it is everything.

I honestly want people to have the chance to experience his teachings, they ground the individual with functional 'creative power'(English lacks the words) for the day-to- day 'dusty' world interaction(success in life,business etc - this being a vital part of the Cultivation of balance/Dao) whilst also developing concrete mastery of 'energetic' skills be it martial, 'spiritual' or otherwise.

Again, there are so many people searching for genuine lineages/teachings, how do I let them know!?

So any Aussies please speak up! Else point me in the right direction to let other Aussies know, atleast to start with. In all honesty it is worth an international flight to meet Master Dong Yang but people's confidence is always strengthened by as many third party opinions as necessary. He currently has students that travel very far within NSW and also interstate on a regular basis. Many of these students searched for years before finding a genuine teacher of the methods of achieving Da Dao.

Thanks for your time, and hopefully help :)

-CC

Edited by clearclouds

Im Aussie, ill make it up to see your Sifu! I also teach chi kung of Daoist and Buddhist, so love to see what he does and all that.

What styles of Kung Fu does he teach, Bagua, taiji any others?

I might have a friend intersted in training, does he teach Water Boxing?

WYG

Im in australia

If your Sifu ever visits melbourne let me know

Just one question.Does your sifu give energy transmissions to his students to aid in there progression?

Thanks

Im Aussie, ill make it up to see your Sifu! I also teach chi kung of Daoist and Buddhist, so love to see what he does and all that.

What styles of Kung Fu does he teach, Bagua, taiji any others?

I might have a friend intersted in training, does he teach Water Boxing?

WYG

The teachings do revolve around Xingyi, Bagua and Taiji. But most importantly stress the root Daoist internal power cultivation techniques that are common link at the root of these arts. Without these techniques no tangible and permanent elixir can be formed. Martial Arts are only one leaf on the tree of Dao, so when pursuing true Dao amazing martial skills come about easily and naturally without effort.

Dong Yang has mastered numerous martial arts, but now as he wants to focus on Tao teaching his focus is primarily on the above styles. His Martial knowledge and experience is very profound so i'm sure he can answer any of your questions.

Im in australia

If your Sifu ever visits melbourne let me know

Just one question.Does your sifu give energy transmissions to his students to aid in there progression?

Thanks

Looks like Melbourne might be on the cards in the new year, so will keep you posted. If you register on the site or newsletter list(both free) it's the easiest way for us to keep you updated on info.

In regards to energy transmissions, the short answer is no, in the direct sense that I think you mean. The long answer is that yes the teaching does contain 'short-cuts' and 'acceleration' of a student's progress in the sense that being taught by a genuine achieved Daoist master has the true self-empowering results that far outweigh so-called 'empowerments'. True sustainable development comes from within. With the right methods this is the fastest, safest, functional and practical of ways.

I'm Melbourne too. I might have to get up to Sydney one of these days, there are a couple of good teachers up there I'm interested in meeting. I'd adding Master Dong Yang to the list now.

Hi clear clouds.

Im in sydney and would be very interested to meet your teacher.

I have seen his name before ,and tried to contact him but with out success.

Ill send you a PM with some questions i have.

Thanks for the announcement.

Best wishes

MArk

Hi clear clouds.

Im in sydney and would be very interested to meet your teacher.

I have seen his name before ,and tried to contact him but with out success.

Ill send you a PM with some questions i have.

Thanks for the announcement.

Best wishes

MArk

Hi,

I'm glad that you've been able to contact now, sorry for any problems before.

I've replied to your PM.

--CC

Ahh ,this is so gratifying. Downunder Daoists :lol:

Currently stuck in melbourne myself. Longest period of being localised anywhere Ive had in a while.

Regards,Cloud :)

Hi,

Just to let Aussie TB's know that I've posted upcoming events for the Sydney Based LaoZi Academy

in the upcomingevents thread here.

Just getting the word out there.

Cheers,

CC

Just to let any Melbournians know

I have been training with a Qi Gong/Taoist master in melbourne for quite a while now.Im going to continuing my training with him today after not seeing him for 2 years

His name is Dr Shan Hui Xu. He is a third generation master of his school.He was initiated into the taoist teachings at the age of 8 and then later studied under 2 Taoist priests in the guandong province.He has also spent time in the Shaolin temple

His classes are pretty much one on one these days and involve alot of empowerments.His Qi Gong combines hard with soft forms and standing/sitting meditations but none of that microcosmic orbit crap.The empowerments open up the MO naturally and safely

Here is a little video of him doing a demonstration of some Shaolin Hard Qi Gong with 2 of his first australian students Sifu garry and Sifu linda

If anyone is interested to meet him send me a PM and i can give you his details:)

Cheers

Edited by truth

Well obviously if he does it on 1 nail it will go straight through him and most likely kill him:P

I doubt anyone could do it with 1 nail unless perhaps your a lei shan dao master at a very high level

Thanks for the clip, although you dont need chi kung for that demonstration, let him do it on one nail???

Hey Truth,

What kind of sitting meditation methods does he use? Why does he / you think the microcosmic orbit is crap. I too, intuatively, feel there is something wrong with it. I'd be interested in hearing his teachings on that. I assume, from what you have said, the basic criticism is that it unnaturally forces energy through the orbit which is perhaps problematic in some way? Could you elaborate?

In kind regards,

Adam.

The nail board has been proven to be a trick/hoax for many many centuries and is nothing but some guts to lay down on all the bed of nails where the whole body is evenly placed and not taking all the force. Non chi kung and martial artist have proven this from time to time. Like i said lay on one nail that would be impressive!!!

No disrespect intended!

Hey Truth,

What kind of sitting meditation methods does he use? Why does he / you think the microcosmic orbit is crap. I too, intuatively, feel there is something wrong with it. I'd be interested in hearing his teachings on that. I assume, from what you have said, the basic criticism is that it unnaturally forces energy through the orbit which is perhaps problematic in some way? Could you elaborate?

In kind regards,

Adam.

There are so many incorrect views on the MO going around these days it is hard to know what is true and what is delusional when it comes to these practices. Can you point me to any traditional teaching that is with in your grasp or any westerners grasp that teaches the microcosmic orbit that is known to us today?.That teaches how to transform your jing into chi into shen just by going on a 2 day retreat up into the mountains with harry rogers the person who spent 2 years in china learning some dodgy from of folk taoism

You'd be surprised at how far from the real MO teachings these methods are

The meditations he teaches are practiced along side moving/standing forms to focus on the regulation of your body and mind to achieve a state he calls pure land. A state where your body and mind are in total harmony,Your organ energies are balanced and your psychology is lifted and not troubled by anything .You can not achieve this state with meditation alone. Through out the training he will often check your body to see if your at that level and some times supplement your training with herbal formulas and until you are he will not teach any higher level methods that involve cultivating chi. To speed up your progress he gives empowerments

Some of the moving forms he teaches at the foundation level are level 1 and 2 Xiang Gong,Lok Tong King,spontaneous Qi Gong,Tai Chi and when you get a bit more advanced he teaches Yi Jin Jing and breathing methods

cheers

Edited by truth

The nail board has been proven to be a trick/hoax for many many centuries and is nothing but some guts to lay down on all the bed of nails where the whole body is evenly placed and not taking all the force. Non chi kung and martial artist have proven this from time to time. Like i said lay on one nail that would be impressive!!!

No disrespect intended!

Anyway i just posted those video's cos there the only ones i got of him.I agree they dont show any level of Qi Gong accomplishments lol.

Personally, I'd stay away of anyone who calls themselves as a master and wears fancy silk clothes. That website you linked to looks like an emerging commercial venture.

Real Taoists don't go public. Remember that.

Currently living in Brisbane.

The meditations he teaches are practiced along side moving/standing forms to focus on the regulation of your body and mind to achieve a state he calls pure land. A state where your body and mind are in total harmony,Your organ energies are balanced and your psychology is lifted and not troubled by anything .You can not achieve this state with meditation alone.

Have you tried meditation alone for let's say 15 years twice a day or 5-10 years full-time (+/- 8 h per day) before saying soemthing this?

Through out the training he will often check your body to see if your at that level and some times supplement your training with herbal formulas and until you are he will not teach any higher level methods that involve cultivating chi. To speed up your progress he gives empowerments

Herbal formulas are useless if your diet, sleep and lifestyle are deficient.

Some of the moving forms he teaches at the foundation level are level 1 and 2 Xiang Gong,Lok Tong King,spontaneous Qi Gong,Tai Chi and when you get a bit more advanced he teaches Yi Jin Jing and breathing methods

Fancy names for the following basics: stillness, tamed mind and internal organs health that allow unblocked flow of qi.

Breathing methods??? That sounds the fire path to me. Hmm..Not recommended. The water path is safer and produces the same results with no side effects.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Have you tried meditation alone for let's say 15 years twice a day or 5-10 years full-time (+/- 8 h per day) before saying soemthing this?

No i have not and have no desire to and would never recommend anyone to meditate that many hours per day

Herbal formulas are useless if your diet, sleep and lifestyle are deficient.

I agree.

Fancy names for the following basics: stillness, tamed mind and internal organs health that allow unblocked flow of qi.

Fancy names? They are the chinese names for them. Nothing fancy about it

Breathing methods??? That sounds the fire path to me. Hmm..Not recommended. The water path is safer and produces the same effects with no side effects.

Many practices are not recommended if they are learnt from half assed teachers, if they are mixed with other practices or even worse if they are learnt from books. If you stick to 1 teaching and practice it exactly how it is taught and put your whole heart into it with the guidance of a competent teacher, there is no reason why it should cause you harm wether it be fire or water path or what ever other paths there are

No i have not and have no desire to and would never recommend anyone to meditate that many hours per day

Why not?

To change our ego-centred minds takes a long, long time of meditative practice and the more hours one meditates (according to their internal energetic make-up) the better and the quicker the results.

Breathing methods??? That sounds the fire path to me. Hmm..Not recommended. The water path is safer and produces the same results with no side effects.

I wouldn't recommend fire methods to a "fire horse" (Sheng Xiao/Chinese Zodiac) like myself ;)

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Anyhow:

Getting back to the more generalised topic of being Aussie Daoists.....

Are there any who have yet to declare themselves? Any shy souls that havent revealed their downunder status yet ?

Is there anything distinct or problematic about being a Downunder daoist ? Are we the spiritual arse-end of the world, Or do we have something unique to contribute :lol: ?

Are you a moon-hugging new-agers festooned with crystals & reeking of patchouli ? Or are you "fair dinkum aussie blokes n' sheilas " baking in the sun ? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Regards, Cloud :)

Im a Daoist, i was ordained in 1992 in Sydney and have been following the path since then. I was the 1st white person to become a Daoist in this temple!

WYG

Im a Daoist, i was ordained in 1992 in Sydney and have been following the path since then. I was the 1st white person to become a Daoist in this temple!

WYG

Thats INTENSE. How old were you at the time of your ordination ?