Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Truth Quotes....for those wanting to move beyond denial

Truth Quotes....moving beyond denial

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. ―Albert Einstein

The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable. ―James A. Garfield

It is not truth that matters, but victory. Adolf Hitler

The first duty of man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth. Marcus Tullius Cicero

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ―Winston Churchill

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.

―Marcus Aurelius

Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters. ―Albert Einstein

The truth is more important than the facts. Frank Lloyd Wright

Truth, like light, blinds. Falsity, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object. Albert Camus

"We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are." ~ Anais Nin

"A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real." Vajradhara Buddha

"99.9% of the World's so-called wisdom, East and West, for the purposes of awakening, is about as useful as a glass of warm spit with a hair in it." Jed McKenna

Never forget that a half truth is a whole lie. ―Anonymous

"Contradictions in perspective among those Seeing the profound do not occur" Taranatha

Two truths cannot contradict one another. Galileo Galilei

Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold. ~Leo Tolstoy

"What people believe prevails over the truth" Sophocles

Truth is the highest thing that man may keep. Geoffrey Chaucer.

This Chaucer quote correctly implies, that there is something which never leaves you, and which you can never leave. Truth is permanent. That which changes is not, nor can be, true.

"If truth was understood, ego would no longer be "needed" in the capacity it now enjoys." Sri Ram Kaa

However,… “Most men would kill the truth if truth would kill their [beliefs].” Lemuel K. Washburn

“Truth lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it.” Goethe

No Christian, Muslim or Jew have a willing interested in truth,…because truth will kill their religion, and end their current relationship with ego.

Patriotism, Nationalism, competition, Maslow's Lowerarchy, etc., are also distractions from truth. No belief is true.

“Truth lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it.” Goethe

This might be from where Nietzsche got his quote about looking into the Abyss.

"Truth comes to an innocent mind as a blessing and a sacrament.
Truth is a holy thing because it liberates thought from itself
and illumines the human heart from the inside out."

- Adyashanti

• Like 1

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.

Usually,...it is only those who cling to the falsity of ideas like "shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods" who attempt to judge what is true,...when in fact, their falsity obscures truth.

"When people say 'I have faith', what they really mean is 'I don't want to know the truth'." Nietzsche

"When people say 'I have faith', what they really mean is 'I don't want to know the truth'." Nietzsche

Of course,...truth from a Theists point of view is quite different:

If the bible had said that Jonah swallowed the whale, I would believe it. -- William Jennings Bryan

"Reason should be destroyed in all Christians." -- Martin Luther

"If the church should have defined anything to be black which to our eyes appear white, we ought in like manner pronounce it black." St Ignatius Loyola

"Truth comes to an innocent mind as a blessing and a sacrament.

Truth is a holy thing because it liberates thought from itself

and illumines the human heart from the inside out."

- Adyashanti

Adya is such a fundamentalist theist. Blessing, sacrament, holy,...are theistic words. No truth can arise from blessing, sacraments, or holy things.

Overall,...Adyashanti causes much more sustaining of ignorance, than any guidance towards liberation.

I forced myself to read 3 of his books, and saw not even a glimmer of someone who is Truth Realized.

Adyashanti,...Thich Nhat Hahn,...and similar Interfaith Promoters, have done much damage to their followers.

Very, very few, Truth Realized persons, or near Truth Realized persons on this Planet today.

Adyashanti, as seen by his own teachings, is part of the 99.9% As Jed McKenna correctly said, "99.9% of the World's so-called wisdom, East and West, for the purposes of awakening, is about as useful as a glass of warm spit with a hair in it."

It is quite difficult for those who haven't realized even a single truth,...to recognize truth,...thus, the authentic seeker of truth, looks to recognize the false as the false.

All theistic ideas are false. If a short quote, like Adyashanti's above,...pivots upon theist ideas,...then the whole quote is likely false.

Osho said, "The real seeker of truth never seeks truth. On the contrary, he tries to clean himself of all that is untrue, inauthentic, insincere - and when his heart is ready, purified, the guest comes. You cannot find the guest, you cannot go after him. He comes to you; you just have to be prepared. You have to be in a right attitude."

Theism indoctrinates people to have the wrong attitude.

"Relative and absolute,

These the two truths are declared to be.

The absolute is not within the reach of intellect,

For the intellect is grounded in the relative." Shantideva

• Like 3

Do not seek the truth; only cease to cherish opinions. Seng-tsan

Therefore choose carefully what you listen to from me as nearly everything I say is my opinion.

• Like 1

Do not seek the truth; only cease to cherish opinions. Seng-tsan

To not seek truth is a theme seen over and over by those compelled to unravel the meaning of life,...even if it has no meaning.

Do not seek truth,...seek and uncover all the barriers you have built against it. And yes,...cherished opinions should be at the top of the list. Gurdjeiff called them our Chief Feature,...or, what we like best about who we think we are.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this