Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Nattokinase

Does this stuff really that good? My legs will go numb after only a few minutes of sitting cross legged. I won't even think about half lotus or lotus at this stage.

This stuff is supposed to clear out all the blood clots in your arteries and capillaries. Has anyone had experience with it?

Does this stuff really that good? My legs will go numb after only a few minutes of sitting cross legged. I won't even think about half lotus or lotus at this stage.

This stuff is supposed to clear out all the blood clots in your arteries and capillaries. Has anyone had experience with it?

OK be warned, this stuff is definitely an aquired taste. The first time I ate natto I nearly hurled. I would love to try out having the stuff on a regular basis but there is not a source of it close to me. I don't know if you can consume Nattokinase in a pill, I don't like pills anyway. Organic non-GMO soybeans in comercial natto? I'm not holding my breath.

Actually I might try making it myself:

http://www.gaia21.net/natto/natto.htm

I have a small cooler that I could use to ferment it in.

I have no knowledge about it's effects on sitting cross legged. I think numbness has more to do with posture, muscle tone, flexability, tension and practice than clots. Clots are bad though so lets all eat lots of natto! My legs used to always go numb when sitting. I'd endure it sometimes, and sometimes I'd move them or lie down for a few minutes. I wouldn't be too strict about it unless there is someone posed behind you with a stick. My leg circulation has gotten better and better as my body does it's own figuring out how to sit for long periods comfortably (I sometimes spontaneously gyrate wildly in circles).

Has anyone ever heard of a meditator getting deep vein thrombosis?

Natto is a food.

Nattokinase is an enzyme derived from Natto.

I think this link has a great short and somewhat technical article on Nattokinase:

http://www.springboard4health.com/notebook...attokinase.html

From my recollection this product is fairly well researched and used in Japan.

Don't think it will help with stiff legs unless that is due to blood clotting (unlikely).

Craig

It is also supposed to detoxify. Any word on that aspect?

It is useful primarily as a blood thinner. If you need a blood thinner, for whatever reason, this is a good choice. Better than the toxic prescription ones like warfarin. Better than aspirin because it won't cause or aggravate digestive trouble which aspirin might. If you really, really need a blood thinner, you have to take nattokinase twice daily on a regular basis because it gets removed from the body within 12 hours. The rest of the effects it is "supposed" to have are mostly hype, but the blood-thinning one is real.

You can massage 'jin hui" - tendon meeting point AKA "yang ling quan" - GB36.

It's on the outside of the leg, just under the knee bone.

It's for: any tendon stiffness, spreads liver qi, and benefits the joints, among other things.

When I began sitting lotus I couldn't do it. But from practicing Daoyin, and doing theis GB36 massage before and after sitting, I'm fine now.

You can also sit with you legs straight and flick you big toes against the toe next to it 200 times. This send a twang (like plucking a guitar string) along the tendon lines along the leg and through the knees - This can (from my experience) dissolve calcifications of the tendons and help the qi to flow through the legs.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this