Sign in to follow this  
Jox

Pangu / Kwan yin comparison

I just watched Kwan Yin magnetic qigong recently and seems similar to Pangu set, but on the other hand it is different too.

Pangu uses soon/moon visualisations and counting, hands movements are from hands ..., when on the other hand, Kwan Yin doesnt use visualisations, hands are moved from the spine, etc ...

In general, similar stuff on the first look, but different at the same time ...

For those who knows that stuff please give your "expert" opinions ... :rolleyes:

Jox :)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

short clip from Michael Winn's video on this set:

Edited by Leif
  • Like 2

Pangu needs activation from a teacher to get full benefit.

same goes for kwan yin qigong, so another similarity

Edited by Leif

I think that there are a lot of methods that use hands and/or spheres. (Ex, some long while back I think I posted a SFQ method in the KYMQ thread. Also, various other I've either made up or have heard/seen from other teachers.) One of the things I like about Sifu Matsuo's KYMQ presentation are the specific key tips that he gives along the way that got the whole thing working for me, *any*thing w/ the hands and spheres, that I just get so much more out of the other variations that I've tried.

Some while back I was hanging out w/ a friend (who is healthy and physically active but doesn't have much qigong experience) in my back yard and I led him through just the most basic creation of the sphere and most simple way of working with it (using Matsuo's tips). It kind of freaked him out because immediately he felt something and he hadn't expected that he would feel anything. And, ime, he wasn't feeling just anything, he was feeling some of the right key things that get this sort of practice to work beneficially.

Have fun exploring.

Thanks for the link. :)

• Like 1

In my experience Kwan Yin in terms of the method is not similar to Kunlun. I have been taught Kunlun in a private session with Max. Kwan Yin just looking at the promo video on it does not look anything like the Kunlun method.

• Like 1

I see Kunlun and KYMQ as very different also. The movement in Kunlun is spontaneous, and during Max´s seminars people often gyrated quite wildly. In the KYMQ video practitioners are specifically advised to avoid such movements.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this