euro

Qi Loss Through the Feet and How To Stop It?

I can feel most of my qi seeping out through my feet in the very middle of the food, in front of the arch. How do you stop this? It's a very unsettling feeling have qi constantly escaping from there throughout the day....

Thank you for your help!

How do you know your Qi is seeping out and you're losing qi?

How do you feel when you get the sensation that makes you think like you're losing Qi? Leave the fear part out. Other than that? Do you feel weak, tired? Do you not feel a difference?

The part of the feet you mentioned is where the bubbling well is. Can you describe what kind of Qi development practices you have? How regularly do you practice and how long do you practice?

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

I've been practicing pretty regularly for a year and then some now. A few times a week usually though there have been rare periods where I'd go a week or two without meditating. I've done the microcosmic orbit and general cultivation of qi such as absorbing through the feet and crown and focusing on the dan tien.

I feel a moving sensation there so I assumed that was it seeping out. As I've increased my practice these last few days (making it daily instead of every other day or so) it's increased. It does feel a bit like bubbling now that you mention it. Generally my focus is pretty weak so my sessions are between 30 minutes to an hour.

I'm generally a bit tired because I've been pretty sedentary of late, I sleep an average of 5 hours a night (I have a full time desk job with a long commute as well as housework) but I generally have good energy levels. I attribute any fatigue I may feel to the few hours of sleep I'm getting.

These last few days I have been focusing on getting more rooted.

Edited by euro

I've been practicing pretty regularly for a year and then some now. A few times a week usually though there have been rare periods where I'd go a week or two without meditating. I've done the microcosmic orbit and general cultivation of qi such as absorbing through the feet and crown and focusing on the dan tien.

I feel a moving sensation there so I assumed that was it seeping out. As I've increased my practice these last few days (making it daily instead of every other day or so) it's increased. It does feel a bit like bubbling now that you mention it. Generally my focus is pretty weak so my sessions are between 30 minutes to an hour.

I'm generally a bit tired because I've been pretty sedentary of late, I sleep an average of 5 hours a night (I have a full time desk job with a long commute as well as housework) but I generally have good energy levels. I attribute any fatigue I may feel to the few hours of sleep I'm getting.

These last few days I have been focusing on getting more rooted.

So you've been focusing on rooting and felt a moving sensation there. People feel this differently. I used to feel like a vacuum suction type feeling in the bubbling wells...like there were suction cups there that were connected to the earth with a magnetic sensation. That goes away with time as you get more used to it. You aren't losing energy.

Remember, even when we send the Qi into the earth, the earth filters it and it comes back to us via the crown point. So, it's better to develop Crown point suspension as opposed to rooting, especially if you are doing any internal martial arts, imho.

• Like 3

I've had similar sensations. Water flowing out the feet under the skin. Hot, crackling, electrical like sparks along the entire souls of the feet. The sensation of wind flowing across the surface of the skin on the souls of the feet...

We live in a constant flux and flow of energies. Unless you're experiencing an illness, I'd say this is related to cultivation and your sensations are linked to rooting/opening the Lao Gong point and will bring much benefit.

Though if you are concerned, I'd check with a Dr of TCM to be sure.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is useful or not, but often when I end seated meditation I'll rub the bottom of my feet hard and fast until I feel some heat building up. Its a closing ritual and helps bring awareness to palm and foot points.

• Like 1

Don't know if this is useful or not, but often when I end seated meditation I'll rub the bottom of my feet hard and fast until I feel some heat building up. Its a closing ritual and helps bring awareness to palm and foot points.

What we do is close our eyes and put all mind intent into the lower dan tian. This will send the qi there. Then the LDT should collapse into itself until it becomes an empty point. This will also result in qi sensations in the extremities to disappear.

• Like 2

MMMmmm here is a point. Electricity has a negative and positive terminal. Negative electrons flow from -ve to +ve. Power flows from +ve to -ve, with DC current, with AC the same exchange happens, just like a vibration instead of DC.

If you're loosing chi through your feet, you're probably gaining -ve electrons. These reduce inflammation and stop free radicals. This is probably a good thing. If it's doing it on it's own, without any doing on your behalf, you should consider it good and right. Don't try to prevent it happening, that would be bad.

• Like 1

i went through a phase of scanty sleep and cultivation a few years ago and have the following observations:

sleep more,

depending on how much you use your body or mind, you likely need between 8-12 hours (professional athletes need 16 during training time).

qi doesn't slip out of your feet,

if anything you should practice putting your mind into your feet even more. laozi said that the realized man breathes through is heals. this is a reference to meditation on the yinqiao meridian in the legs.

a very common meditation is the curl your knees up to your chest in an fetus position and focus on the legs and feet in order to stop qi from leaking from your head during sleep.

because your feet are usually connected to the earth, there is always some energy transfer going on between the feet and the earth.

keep in mind that unusual sensations are very common during the first few years of practice and that it is very normal for things to feel unusual.

one of your problems may actually be that you have your energy held too high or crammed into one place or another.

if you are holding too much tension in your neck and shoulders (office job), you need to do things to adjust your posture.

i suggest cutting out the microcosmic orbit thing and solely focusing on dantian, legs, and whole body.

microcosmic orbit can be a real SOB if you get it wrong and you do stand the risk of nuking your nervous system.

that and you need more sleep.

I wonder if these would help? 1933_0.jpg

thes do a comparably good job (of weakening the feet separating the wearer from the Earth), and cost less than half the price:

Crocs_2782707a.jpg

Re"

-----

"I can feel most of my qi seeping out through my feet in the very middle of the food, in front of the arch. How do you stop this? It's a very unsettling feeling have qi constantly escaping from there throughout the day...."

-----

End point of the kidney meridian.

I get the part about cultivation, thinking of rooting, and your small circulation practice - but the food you are taking in can easily have a more obvious effect than these practices.

So maybe you are either exhausting or over-activating (stressing) your kidneys. Do you have hardness, tension, in the foot at this point on the bottom of the foot? Or would you say it feels more like emptiness or slack there?

You may be (even "unconsciously") trying to compensate for kidney stagnation (office job, tired, sedentary) by taking something too strong. Could be coffee or some kind of spices, etc. - something that might get you going temporarily, but contribute to more overall long-time exhaustion.

The small circulation and rooting practices may merely have drawn your conscious attention to what is happening in the kidney meridian overall.

-VonKrankenhaus