Sign in to follow this  
JC1thru5

Just signed up

Hello Everyone!

I am new here. I was introduced to Qigong several years ago but never followed through with it because I wasn't getting any results. Can I learn Qigong here or is this forum strictly for experienced practitioners sharing their own experiences with one another?

Thanks for your help,

JC1thru5

• Like 2

Hello JC1thru5, and welcome to the forums!

Glad to have you here :-)

Please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum terms and rules. This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

SC and the TTB team

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Special Note: all female members are more than welcome to join the discussions at our new

Women’s Cultivation forum, moderated by rainbowvein and zanshin

Hello Everyone,

Several years ago I was taught a Taoist standing meditation. It was a difficult qigong that I practiced. I was instructed to increase the standing by one minute a day until I reached 30 minutes. As a result, all my meridians in the lower extremities opened up and I became extremely flexible.

Recently, I practiced this qigong again, but this time I went up 20 seconds a day instead because it was difficult for me. Also, my head got very hot and my heart was pounding like crazy. I had to stop after two months because I started get light headed and I noticed my blood pressure went up.

My energy has been drained and I don't have enough Yin to keep the heat down.

I know my energy has been reversed, I have heat in the upper burner and cold in the lower burner.

I am looking for a standing Qigong that will open up all the blockages in the body, build up the yin and yang energy and of course fill up the lower dantien completely.

I have severe hearing loss amongst other problems and really need some training.

Can someone suggest a qigong that I can practice?

Thanks

• Like 1

Qigong for Self Healing will help over time (it's in the store section of that site). This method helps our bodies deal with the extra energy, and also causes the qi flow to make your feet warm and your heart and head cool, lowering blood pressure. Totally works.

Also be sure to drink more water throughout the day, since that's a source of yin and body fluids...and consider seeing a Chinese Medicine practitioner. It can also help to spend time truly relaxing and not needing to do anything, each day.

This forum is not strictly for experienced people, all are welcome!

Sign in to follow this