Sign in to follow this  
niveQ

Symmetrical body twitches when lying to fall asleep.

For months, I have been experiencing these twitches. They are more like fluid motions than twitches.

I will be lying on my back and waves of energy will go up and down my body, causing fluid, symmetrical twitches up and down my body. This moves my arms in identical patterns simultaneously as well as my legs. It does this to wherever the energy feels it is located. It goes up and down effortlessly. But, when I focus on a certain area, it stays there.

It has even effected just one side of my body, and made it move n a very detailed pattern, only to do the exact same detailed pattern to the other side of my body, though it is usually simultaneous.

It seems to originate in my lower back.

Has this happened to anyone else?

In addition:

They are so strong sometimes, they pull me to a sitting up position when they travel through my abdomen.

I've also been experiencing strong emotional surges that may be connected. I felt that these emotional surges are the reason that people seek some sort of habitual experience, such as smoking, drinking, television, comfort foods, etc. one thing is certain, I felt the definite need for an outlet for this emotional feeling.

I've never experienced these two phenomena at the same time, but I am curious about both.

The body and mind do weird things when transitioning from being awake to being asleep. I wonder what would happen if you completely ignored it?

• Like 1

For many years after, on the edge of sleep, my legs and body would make the same sudden twitching motion I made the instant the bark broke on a large old tree I was climbing sending me down. I think the sensation had a fear component too. Some trauma's play out physically in that unconscious arena. It went away.

• Like 1

This happens when I am wide awake. It can happen during the day if I am in a relaxed position. I wish I could record it and show you guys... I guess I can in theory.

If I ignore it, I feel it, sort of like an excited feeling, but subtle and throughout my body.

I eat a lot of leafy greens, avocados, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and a decent amount of raw cacao.

I eat a lot of leafy greens, avocados, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and a decent amount of raw cacao.

You're making me hungry, niveQ.

Doesn't sound like hypnic jerk-- that's a phenomena connected with losing volitive control of the muscles in falling asleep, where the muscles contract suddenly.

There's a coordination between the transverse muscles of the abdomen, transverse muscles of the chest, and the muscles of the pelvic floor as pressure in the fluid ball of the abdomen displaces the fascia of the lower back to support the spine. That can involve the legs and arms, as well as the neck and head, but I've never experienced anything like what you're describing. The coordination I'm describing is supported by the ilio-tibial bands and the fascia connected with the quadratus lumborum muscles, so along the sides of the body; you might look there to stabilize your experience next time it's happening.

Not sure what this means: "It does this to wherever the energy feels it is located."

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 2

You're making me hungry, niveQ.

Doesn't sound like hypnic jerk-- that's a phenomena connected with losing volitive control of the muscles in falling asleep, where the muscles contract suddenly.

There's a coordination between the transverse muscles of the abdomen, transverse muscles of the chest, and the muscles of the pelvic floor as pressure in the fluid ball of the abdomen displaces the fascia of the lower back to support the spine. That can involve the legs and arms, as well as the neck and head, but I've never experienced anything like what you're describing. The coordination I'm describing is supported by the ilio-tibial bands and the fascia connected with the quadratus lumborum muscles, so along the sides of the body; you might look there to stabilize your experience next time it's happening.

Not sure what this means: "It does this to wherever the energy feels it is located."

Thanks for the I formation.

I meant "it does this to whatever region where the energy is located."

I get these jerks a lot when I am near the sleeping state while meditating.

Yeah, I get that too- jerked awake in the lotus, time to consider a nap. Unless it's at sesshin, in which case-- say a prayer!

Hi niveQ

I know exactly what you are talking about. It happens to me sometimes after training when I relax on the couch. Its when yang energy accumulates in one area. Generally this will bridge to the same area on the other side of the body. It can cause the muscles to contract. Do you practise Qi Gong or other energy cultivation methods?

You need to cool the energy down. Get some ice packs, lay down and put them near your body. not contacting tho. Generally between the body and the arms on either side, and one between the legs near the groin. Relax down and feel the coolness from the icepacks and try to absorb it into your energy field.

It seems fun at first when you feel them, and can focus in to where you want to send the energy, but sometimes it can get really full on and can make sleeping hard when your limbs keep twitching. Try not to focus on the area its happening as it can make it worse.

I believe it can be entities as well trying to get into energy field. Astral junk. That's why it happens in meditation more often. For me I get pain in heart often, also places on the body, like something sticking needles there, and if concentrate on that - twitching / jerking. It's as if it's not there, but only if you concentrate on it it happens.

Though I must say mine are hard and disruptive twitch, the way you descripe is more calm, and free - flowing?

Common with magnesium deficiency. Not the only possible cause, but I would start there.

Bee Eye In Geo

Have seen so much of this. But who knows about OP...certainly worth investigating.

• Like 1

You crack me up.

Yeah, my wife has issues with both potassium & magnesium deficiencies even though her diet is naturally rich in both. Mg sounds like a reasonable starting point.

It's most likely not an issue with food in my opinion, if he doesn't feel undernourished. And he also mentions emotions. That's a big one how parasitic entities drain energy.

Maybe one latched on to you niveq, try to clear your energy field a bit, centering and distancing helps, and never indulge in these emotion if you feel they are not your own, as in coming from somewhere unexpected.

Thoughts, emotions, or direct psychic/energy attacks (if you don't let yourself affected by the first 2) is how they try to manipulate you into giving your energy.

As soon as you're aware of it - it's basically game over for them ! :)

Sign in to follow this