Sign in to follow this  
Katastral

Kundalini, prana flowing through the left side of the body

Hello everybody!

I have already posted previously about some of my Kundalini problems but I figured it would be best to create a new thread for this one since it seems hard to find much information about it.

As you probably already have figured out through reading the title I have had an awakening, not at all a full rise but the kundalini is definatly awake! My problem with this is that my prana always seems to be flowing through on the left side of my body (sometimes right if I do energy work on that side).

I don't know if this is a problem in the early stages but since I know that the real rise only should flow through the central channel or there will be trouble I am bit worried still and seek advice.

Does anyone have had a similliar experience? Or knows about any practise wich can help?

I have read alot about pranyama but according to some it will speed up the process and put the prana on roids wich might be problematic, necessary evil or wrong practise?

Excuse my spelling if incorrect, english is not my first language.

Thank you so much for taking your time! Love /K

Just don't go working on the other to balance it out. I tried that a few times and it always throws my back out. Balance is good. The bad side should catch up, or at least that's what I'm hoping.

This is normal. The left hand side of the body is known as the "qi side", while the right is called the "blood side" In general people feel qi flows better on the left than the right, especially at the beginning. It doesnt mean that qi is not flowing on the right, its that you cannot feel it as well on that side. There is much more happening than your gross (body's) nerve endings can feel, all you ever receive is a partial picture of the subtle body or kundalini movements, therefore easy to misinterpret or mislabel a feeling. These processes are shockingly complex, and if you were to truly perceive what is happening in and around your physical body, you might think the weirdest alien/human pod person growth type of scene in a movie to be pretty tame in comparison. All you might ever feel is some warm fuzzies though. You want some warm fuzzies on your right side of your body. There's more going on though.

Do that breathing exercise where you hold one nostril closed breath in and out through the other nostril then swap sides. Dont worry about energy control, let the energy just do its self.

My problem with this is that my prana always seems to be flowing through on the left side of my body (sometimes right if I do energy work on that side).

I have the opposite: inhibited flow on the left. Mine is due to various things that occurred early in life.

the real rise only should flow through the central channel

It goes everywhere, but there is special alchemy that occurs in the central channel if you know some on how to get that to happen.

The general situation is that most people have some stubborn block/s somewhere. Part of cultivation is a long term approach to "opening the tissues and channels", various bodywork and body-wisdom-disciplines. For me, I've found:

- self-acupressure

- acupuncture (with a doctor that studied the Japanese system of acupuncture by Kiiko Matsumoto, which I find to be *way* more effective than the usual)

- various of Sifu Matsuo's practices (bagua and other), see link in my signature

- explored lots of stuff over a long period of time :)

Pace yourself, go gentle w/ your kundalini situation, and settle in for the long haul.

- Trunk

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this