Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Is World Peace a Possibility?

If considered seriously,...are there some tangible ways to realize World Peace? It must be something that goes beyond religious beliefs,...for example, peace could not possibly be uncovered through Christianity,..."There is no heresy or no philosophy which is so abhorrent to Christianity as a human being." James Joyce

On another hand,...as a bumper sticker says, "If the Whole World smoked a joint at the sametime,...there would be World Peace for about two hours. "

Know god, no Peace; Gnow Peace, no god.

Veganism is peace in practice

Yes,...in practice,...yet many vegans are not in it for the practice,...or their practice is merely an attempt to deny a negative.

I suppose, one of the first steps in a World vegan practice would be to end the killing of humans,...although the end of animal eating may trigger the thought,...why do we kill people.

Of course,...the killing of people will continue until the Abrahamic religions are happily consigned to the back walls of museums.

• Like 2

Good example,...someone who came to veganism by way of a scientific view of nutrition, and developed a sense of animal awareness.

All rational sense should lead people off their diet of religion,...but still,...nearly 90% of the Western World are still theist. I don't know what the percentage of the East is,...Malaysia, Bangladesh, India, China, Philippines and Indonesia likely have 1 billion Muslims among them alone,...not counting the Arab Countries.

Edited by Vmarco

The Western World = 8% of the world population

I haven't seen anything that says the other 92% are atheists

Buddhism is no different to Christianity really

Which is in sharp decline in Europe... and rising in Communist China... Christianity and Communism are not separate things...

Judaism/ Christianity kept Europe in a dark age for 1000++ years ... many are still in a daze... yet to throw off the yoke of usury too... / international banks

I recall the Ancient Greek Pagans had basic analog computer type things tracking planets something 200-400BC? abouts... Library of Alexandria was estimated to have around 1 million scrolls/ texts... burned to the ground... I wonder where we would be today without that cultural + ethnic destruction... 2000 years + advancement ... not sure how many other groups underwent such a lengthy cultural annihilation... who knows what spiritual traditions were destroyed...

Hopefully China wakes up before they find themselves in a 1000+ cultural revolution/ destruction ... witch hunts of Qi Gong practitioners... and so on

Edited by eye_of_the_storm

The Western World = 8% of the world population

I haven't seen anything that says the other 92% are atheists

Buddhism is no different to Christianity really

Buddhism and Taoism are much different than Christianity,...direct opposites for the most part. For one thing, there is no mechanism in Christianity for transcendence,...only saving through Jesus or god. Unfortunately, organized Buddhism has become much like the dogmatic organizational aspect of the Abrahamic religions.

Poll after poll shows that no less 84% -87% of US America is theist. A 2010 Pew Research study said 76% of Europe and 86% of the America's is Christian.

Gallop International puts atheists at 2% Worldwide,...and the status of non-religious at 16% Worldwide.

As atheism is a term that says "no belief in a god,"...it is probable that more than 90% of the World "believes in a god."

I am neither atheist nor theist,....I neither believe in a god, nor don't believe in a god,...which is an accurate Buddhist/Taoist view.

The trend in Europe seems to be to believe in god without religion. Perhaps that's a step towards emancipation from belief,...both theism and atheism.

Karma = Sin

Meditation = Prayer

Buddha = Christ

Both have heaven and hell realms

Both teach salvation through surrendering ones sovereignty / identity / self-hood (to the state ultimately haha)

Monks/ Priests act as a middle man between you and the divine

Both request donations and that donations = good karma... or buying your way into heaven

Both build temples/ churches, statues and monastic orders to their "one god unseen, unknown/unknowable" figure whether "neither believe in a god, nor don't believe in a god" or of godlessness

Both have a hierarchy and vows/contracts though teach "equality"

Both are hypocrites generally ... teaching compassion but eat meat etc ...

Both negate the physical world and preach poverty though the center of these organizations/ corporations are very wealthy (another example of how communism is a capitalist system)

Both are universalist/ globalist

Both teach non-violence though have been involved in violence (despite the texts) and self-harm practices ... both teach non-violence even when others are oppressing you = servile = state/corporate indoctrination = slavery

Both teach weakness and dependency

Both worship death

When you translate the mantras they aren't so different to Christian

The exterior can be beautiful and the intentions of others and their experiences pure... though filtered through these things... with the unfortunate attachments

There was a famous composer I forget who... who created beautiful/ divine music... though himself had no feeling for the Church etc...

But his music was divine... from within ... the church/ temple was just capitalizing on his innate feelings/ creativity

Karma = Sin

Meditation = Prayer

Buddha = Christ

No, no, no...

Meditation, although often anesthetizing, is about letting go,...whereas prayer is about getting.

There are no similarities between Buddha and Jesus.

Jesus said,..."Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill."

Buddha said, “Do not accept anything by mere tradition. . . Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures. . . Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your preconceived notions.” Buddha taught irreligion.

Yes,...in the Abrahamic religions, and unfortunately in much of Buddhism,...there is a belief that the "priests" are necessary,...when in fact they actually step between people and their direct experience.

In fact,...I would suggest that less than .4% of the World population has ever had a direct experience.

Experience born of belief, can only be experienced through the condition of that belief.

I think prayer can be many things depending on the person... as with meditation

Sometimes prayer can be songs of gratitude etc

There are a lot of "New Age" people who say "don't believe me...see for yourself..." few actually see for themselves... this is a way of building trust without actually doing anything

How see... they are a good person... they tell me to see for myself... but I am just going to follow whatever they say anyway...kind of thing because... they are the master/ the guru/ the teacher

I don't think there is any chance for world peace. But if one were to get the world to embrace either Christianity or Buddhism, which would be more likely of world peace? In this regard, I think one could not compare the two as the former would certainly fail at world peace but I think the latter would stand a chance.

Hopefully China wakes up before they find themselves in a 1000+ cultural revolution/ destruction ... witch hunts of Qi Gong practitioners... and so on

Let China sleep, for when she wakes she will shake the world.”
—Napoleon Bonaparte

I don't think its a religious thing. Lots of wars between non-Abrahamic religions. I think most 'religious' wars tend to be good olde land/resource/nationalist ego grabs done under the cloak of religion.

Hate to say it but a country that gets too la de da peaceful is at risk of getting screwed by more aggressive neighbors. Lets not forget physical violence is just one side of nationalistic war, there's also economic.

Human nature being what it is now.. world peace is not in the cards any time soon. That's not to say there isn't less right now. Comparatively and statistically there's less conflict/people being killed, going on now then most of last century. Course WW I and II were meat grinders with cold war flare ups not much better. There was still a sheen of glamour to war in the 1900's. I think in the Western world and even the third world that's off.

You know whats fueling some wars right now imo? Boredom. People who see no chances for a better life, even if they're middle class, go to join a cause. Even when its in most eyes its an evil one. Not widely admitted, but its there, maybe it always has been. In the Civil War, the South was hyped by glory, gala parties and certain euphoria to fight before the war started.

History has a tinder box nature to it. We are an aggressive species. We fight as kids, family, all the way up the chain. Yet as our destructive power has gotten more devastating and war loses its claim to glory, some wars will be given up. Few would have thought WW II would be the last time the world would ever see an atomic bomb used in war. There are gentility forces at work in human civilization. Maybe due to common sense decency, maybe increased interconnectedness.

Course with 7 billion + people, war for resources (water, oil, farm land, metals) is the biggest powder keg that we, the world will have to contend with.

You know whats fueling some wars right now imo? Boredom. People who see no chances for a better life, even if they're middle class, go to join a cause. Even when its in most eyes its an evil one. Not widely admitted, but its there, maybe it always has been. In the Civil War, the South was hyped by glory, gala parties and certain euphoria to fight before the war started.

In the 1930’s….AR Orage wrote:

"Nothing is more common than the complaint that one’s neighbours are uninteresting, boring. Such complaints are unconscious confessions rather than accusations since the truth is that we are bored exactly at the limit of our active intelligence. Boredom begins where our mind leaves off; and to be easily or quickly bored merely means that our intelligence is either small or very idle. All people, without exception are interesting and worthwhile. Not only is there nothing else for us to know than people, the educational purpose of life being just to acquaint us with the mystery of mankind; every individual is an epitome of the whole human book. She who can read and understand everything about one person has the key to the knowledge of the whole human race. Thus one person is as good as another as a subject of interest. To be bored by anybody, is to fail to look for interest in mankind. "

Orage (whom many consider to have been Gurdjieff's most advanced student) said that people who become bored should kill themselves.

I wouldn't suggest they kill themselves,...but would suggest they consider why the suggestion.

I don't think there is any chance for world peace.

I agree,...not much chance to World Peace in a theistic society.

Know god, no Peace; Gnow Peace, no god. Of course, there can be no gnowledge of peace until there is a mass emancipation from the delusion of god, and other BS (Belief Systems)

boredom :facepalm: :lol:

in case you never knew, there's lots of money to be made financing both sides of a war. unfortunately it works out pretty crappy for everyone else.

there's lots of money to be made in subverting governments and turning them against their people whilst still propagandizing them that you're on their side.

if you're going to take over the world, something that's been tried quite a few times before...you're not going to start wars out of sheer boredom.

but when you have an unfair energy consortium combined with a plunderous "central bank" that directs the government to do just about whatever it wants, and is curiously very big on making sure there's a law above and beyond the nation's....

it winds up being that you have to have devious schemes, for if your stance at the top of the sand pile only exists because of graft fraud and corruption, then that necessarily means you have an incentive to keep that graft fraud and corruption going.

its like why did Madoff get arrested yet Jon Corzine has and shall remain a free man? it all depends on who you rob and how.

• Like 1

At some point mankind will move is moving toward Awakening and it is in this space that all the wavelets are seen for the parade of fools they are.

Many great lights are emerging just now and Awakening is taking place at a pace unseen in our recorded history.

We will have peace as this arrives in our being as an awakened mankind, until then peace is as temporal as our mechanical illusion of who were are and what sides we take. Positions cease in silence and virtue shines with no effort.

Edited by Spotless

In answer to the OP:

No.

I suppose there's the possibility of our species evolving into a more peaceful one, but that's a long, long way off, if it's even remotely likely. Unless genetic modification comes into the equation.

As well as being inherently compassionate, thoughtful, and perceptive, we humans are inherently selfish, violent, and arrogant. All at the same time.

End usury and I think the chances for world peace are good.

Deuteronomy 15:6

Thats where it began most likely, well the idea must be older but it got the hold on the world when it was Written down and passed around.

• Like 2

End usury and I think the chances for world peace are good.

Deuteronomy 15:6

Thats where it began most likely, well the idea must be older but it got the hold on the world when it was Written down and passed around.

I don't know. If you wanna buy a house, you wait til you can afford the 100,000 or more dollars? All in all imo, civilization does better when credit is available. Though you need rules against greed and folly on both sides of the deal.

I think there'd be a better chance for world peace if there were less fundamentalists around, especially the kind who think the world would be perfect if only everyone believed in the exact same 'Absolute Truth' that they do.

hmmnn, to what extent do we get the world we deserve? Personally.. nationally?

I don't know. If you wanna buy a house, you wait til you can afford the 100,000 or more dollars? All in all imo, civilization does better when credit is available. Though you need rules against greed and folly on both sides of the deal.

You don't wait if your resourceful... chinese have been going without credit for quite a long time to buy a house or business location. From what I gather, it is more often a 'group' purchase; some might think it is akin to investors lending you money.

But as in many things east vs west, it would never work here as we don't have the social and familial structure to encourage it.

In the end, one would have to evaluate if civilization was better or not... and that seems a arguable outcome too.

In this light, it seems we get the civilization we built from the ground up...

LOL first person I have seen in support of usury = slavery...

The human species is FINE

It is the intraspecies predators/ psychopaths that are the problem ... some question whether they are humans to begin with... lacking humanity/ or humaneness ... anyone seen "They Live"? haha

Wall Street is documented to have 10x higher rate of psychopaths than average population...

Psychopaths are drawn to power... so no surprise that positions of power are infested with psychopaths

With a Shamanic/ organic culture tradition they would be able to see the psychopaths before they took control of things...

Probably why the psychopaths have been working ages to destroy "shamanic" cultures/ intuitive/ psychic potentials

It is often that these psychopaths project their destructive nature onto the general populations... + they desire too a planet of psychopaths ... this is all the one god, one world, one government, one people nightmare ... all sparkling... how else would they sell it? psychopaths are renowned charmers

The covert chemical warfare against humanity is creating mass apathy

I was watching a dark comedy the other day... to make a long story short... the psychopath was pretending to be a doctor (maybe I should say...the doctor was pretending to be a healer..)... and to exploit the patients... who at first believed this doctor was a fraud ...were later convinced by this doctor... through psychological manipulations + false authority of "doctor" and "science/ theories... completely fraudulent/ unfounded ... convinced these people that it was indeed them who had the problem... and not the doctor... that they were delusional etc... ...and they bought it...

As... innocence expects innocence... to be like themselves... so they believe others quite openly in the beginning...trusting... the psychopaths take advantage of this good nature...

Understanding the true nature of the banking system is vital to world peace and true prosperity...of the spirit + organic cultures

You don't wait if your resourceful... chinese have been going without credit for quite a long time to buy a house or business location. From what I gather, it is more often a 'group' purchase; some might think it is akin to investors lending you money.

But as in many things east vs west, it would never work here as we don't have the social and familial structure to encourage it.

In the end, one would have to evaluate if civilization was better or not... and that seems a arguable outcome too.

In this light, it seems we get the civilization we built from the ground up...

The west wasn't always controlled by psychopathic religious banks

There are a number working to find their roots again, build communities etc

How can you have world peace when people hold the below as their ultimate aims?

secret societies like the freemasons etc pursue the below aims also... many branches (eso and exo)... same tree... this is the conspiracy of 2000+ years...

Deuteronomy 15:6 For the LORD your God will bless you as he has promised, and you will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. You will rule over many nations but none will rule over you.

Daniel 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Psalm 2:8 KJV Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession.

Psalm 2:9 KJV Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.

Isaiah 49:23 KJV And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers: they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and lick up the dust of thy feet; and thou shalt know that I am the Lord: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me.

Deuteronomy 7:6 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

//

Now Vmarco will say this is ^^^ Theist.... this thinking doesn't have to be theist .... the theism could just be a cover...

Vmarco are you aware of the 200++ odd million killed by atheist communism....and atheist capitalism?

Those theist religions you speak of... that "god" is evidently demonic... just because they say god people think a virtuous divinity... doesn't make it so... some people worship evil and call it god... for example

The atheist use the theist to do their devilish deeds in the name of "god" they have people in hypnosis and thoughts of eternal hell fires... vast amounts of lies are told to the theists to get them to fight for the GOOD... the theist being generally innocent as above believe the lies of their atheist governments...

For example... I remember Sarah Palin? She changed the symbols she was wearing to gain the trust of those people... which side she is actually working for who knows...

UA8eqf2.jpg

palin-star-david-passover.jpg

Now Vmarco will say this is ^^^ Theist.... this thinking doesn't have to be theist .... the theism could just be a cover...

Vmarco are you aware of the 200++ odd million killed by atheist communism....and atheist capitalism?

just because they say god people think a virtuous divinity... doesn't make it so.

Of course, millions have been killed by those who don't believe gods,...just as those those who believe.

The KEY word is "BELIEVE"

No belief is true. If something was true, it would not be a belief.

World Peace cannot be realized through anything other than truth. All Abrahamic religions are false,...all atheist beliefs are false. However,..neither the USA, nor "the West" is controlled by atheists,...it is controlled by theists.

For an analogy,...it would be easier for a tornado to form an F22 Fighter out of a Kansas junkyard, than for even a single Christian to realize Heart Consciousness. A CONDITION can not enter the UNCONDITIONAL.

Let most people,...you are obviously attempting to alter the definition of god to better fit your belief system. However, when I use the term theism, it is with society's accepted definition,...not a New Agey want-to-be definition.

God (god), n.,

1. A being (condition) conceived as the omnipotent (condition), omniscient (condition) originator and ruler (condition) of the universe (condition), the principal object (condition) of faith and worship (conditions) in monotheistic religions (conditions).

2. The force (condition), effect (condition), or a manifestation or aspect (conditions) of this being (condition).

3. A being of supernatural powers (condition) or attributes (conditions), believed in and worshiped (conditions) by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality (conditions).

4. An image of a supernatural being; an idol (conditions).

5. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed (conditioned).

6. A very handsome man (condition).

7. A powerful ruler or despot (conditions).

8. Used to express disappointment, disbelief, frustration, annoyance (conditions).

So,...let's say Source is Unconditional,...if so, there is no god in Source.

Next,...not only is the Abrahamic god not of Source, their god is so false, that it believes itself to be only part of Duality. Consider the 2nd Century apology 1John (1John 1:5)....their "god is light, and in Him is no darkness"....all Yang,...no Yin. What a pathetic god.

Actually, the Abrahamic god identifies with the clinical definition of a psychopath.

When viewing the full length and breadth of the Bible, their Patriarch is clearly a murderous, pro-slavery, vacillant, petty, racist, conditional God. And amazingly, a God who is so insecure, that it demands to be worshiped, obeyed and prayed to.

Thus,...where is it not obvious that World Peace could never occur through a god.

Edited by Vmarco

Sign in to follow this