Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

What is Sleeping Gi gong

Brian and OldChi were mentioning the practice in another thread. While I'm sure there are different versions of it, can anyone give me some insight into how they practice?

Thanks

Michael

Brian and OldChi were mentioning the practice in another thread. While I'm sure there are different versions of it, can anyone give me some insight into how they practice?

Thanks

Michael

Ours is just a continuation of the Stillness-Movement practice while we sleep.

Any particular aspect of the art? I'll generally do S-M meditation before I sleep, ie, keeping my hands on my lower dantien during sitting meditation. Having a slight rocking motion. Doing the full body closing afterwards (probably somewhat shortened). Is that somehow replicated in bed? Or do you mean the movement sequences?

Thanks

Michael

Shift to that higher vibrational frequency and maintain it, lightly focus awareness on dan tien and hold it there to & through the moment of falling asleep. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, it is but it is deceptively hard, too, because the mind will slip in a thought at the last second.

I will often do the spiral qigong sequence in bed to help me "shift" but doing sitting or standing S-M -- or one of the GOT sets -- before crawling in bed should help you find that state, too.

The tricky part is maintaining the intent and awareness right through the moment of falling asleep.

Just my two cents but I hope this helps!

• Like 4

Any particular aspect of the art? I'll generally do S-M meditation before I sleep, ie, keeping my hands on my lower dantien during sitting meditation. Having a slight rocking motion. Doing the full body closing afterwards (probably somewhat shortened). Is that somehow replicated in bed? Or do you mean the movement sequences?

Thanks

Michael

Brian has a good answer there.

It sounds really simple - to have the awareness on that vibratory state and Dan Tian at the exact moment of sleep - and it is. BUT in practice there can be that millisecond moment of thought just as we fall asleep that can interrupt the process. I think if you just try, every evening, eventually it will happen. Once it does so it is fairly automatic process. Have the hands over Dan Tian and try to completely clear the mind before you fall asleep.

• Like 2

Thanks for your answers.

Its been 4 or 5 years, I'll have to put getting to another seminar and Gifts of Tao II on my to do list for 2015.

Edited by thelerner

PM sent. My best advice, though, is just to follow Ya Mu's advice, above:

<snip>

It sounds really simple - to have the awareness on that vibratory state and Dan Tian at the exact moment of sleep - and it is. BUT in practice there can be that millisecond moment of thought just as we fall asleep that can interrupt the process. I think if you just try, every evening, eventually it will happen. Once it does so it is fairly automatic process. Have the hands over Dan Tian and try to completely clear the mind before you fall asleep.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this