Sign in to follow this  
DreamBliss

This is what happens when you call the cops!

In a word: Brilliant !

On a personal note... I participate in some training of law enforcement on traffic safety issues... but a distant relative is in a company for athletes to increase their 'toughness IQ'... I told him point-blank: You need to do this with law enforcement as they seem incapable to comprehend 'safety' on some level... trigger-happy means fist-happy... and this seems lost on them.

The path to the Pit,...is to upset the Moderators,...it has little to do with content. It's sort of like how US Americans get upset if someone declares themselves a non-theist, and begin to engage in a rational, factual conversation. In other words,...Americans are hell bent on shoving the "freedom OF religion" down peoples throats,...but you dare to suggest "Freedom FROM religion," and you best be ready to get smacked down.

By the way,....The Founding Fathers of America had good reason to begin the First Amendment to the Constitution with "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion." That is FREEDOM FROM RELIGION. Only second, to appease the religionists, does it say "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." That is FREEDOM OF RELIGION. Nevertheless,...the majority of US Americans today,...rather see non-theists as second or third class citizens, then allow the first part of the First Amendment to be allowed any status.

"I don't know that those who don't believe in God should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." George HW Bush

• Like 1

Well, you can't accuse them of being discriminating or prejudiced. They will beat the shit out of anyone, race, creed, nationality, religion or sex.

• Like 1

Well, you can't accuse them of being discriminating or prejudiced. They will beat the shit out of anyone, race, creed, nationality, religion or sex.

Religious Americans? Or Moderators?

• Like 1

Those moderators sure sound to be a tough ( albeit inclusive) crowd.

I shall be more careful how I post in future.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

The path to the Pit,...is to upset the Moderators,...it has little to do with content. It's sort of like how US Americans get upset if someone declares themselves a non-theist, and begin to engage in a rational, factual conversation. In other words,...Americans are hell bent on shoving the "freedom OF religion" down peoples throats,...but you dare to suggest "Freedom FROM religion," and you best be ready to get smacked down.

By the way,....The Founding Fathers of America had good reason to begin the First Amendment to the Constitution with "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion." That is FREEDOM FROM RELIGION. Only second, to appease the religionists, does it say "or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." That is FREEDOM OF RELIGION. Nevertheless,...the majority of US Americans today,...rather see non-theists as second or third class citizens, then allow the first part of the First Amendment to be allowed any status.

"I don't know that those who don't believe in God should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God." George HW Bush

I get this angst... you feel the Off-topic is the only place to post because the PIT is not a post area ?

And if you post in General Discussion it gets moved to Off-topic or PIT and so... you save the staff some action :)

I think you know I personally like your posts... and that may be not the norm... but I would like there to be an area where you feel you can freely post... If it is in Off-topic then why complain.

I have already said to post in General but you gave your own personal feelings about it.... but that doesn't change the fact that you can post in General...

Yeah. I could even go post in the Buddhist Discussions sub-forum if I wanted to. (Don't hold you breath waiting for that one.)

• Like 2

And if you post in General Discussion it gets moved to Off-topic or PIT and so... you save the staff some action :)

you can post in General...

I like the first part,...post at the lowest level possible. Unfortunately, for the sake of the appearance of punishment, the Pit is closed to New Posts,...which makes sense,...otherwise, everyone would eventually just post in the Pit, and their would be less need for moderation.

• Like 2

I like the first part,...post at the lowest level possible. Unfortunately, for the sake of the appearance of punishment, the Pit is closed to New Posts,...which makes sense,...otherwise, everyone would eventually just post in the Pit, and their would be less need for moderation.

Ironically, there is some truth in that.

(Not enough to cause it to bother my mind though.)

• Like 2

everyone??

• Like 1

Well I didn't know how a video like this would be recieved. So I posted it here. But it looks like the moderators are far more tolerant folk than I already thought they were, which makes me love this forums, and everyone in it, all the more.

In fact I will go so far as to suggest that maybe one day we get a fund going, and make it so we can all get together in one huge gathering for a few days. Meditate, argue non-violently, meet the folks who run these forums. Teach and be taught. The fund would be for those, like (at this present moment) myself who could not afford to go otherwise. I don't know about anyone else, but I would like to meet everyone in physical form. Yeah, like a Burning Man festival for Tao Bums...

dawei

I apologize, but I am not certain who your previous post is directed to. Could you clairfy? Thank you.

Regarding this whole freedom from religion VS freedom of religion thing... Osho has some strong words to say about the subject, and I have to agree. Humanity will be better served when they can live harmoniously without laws, law enforcement and authority figures, and be spiritual without being religious. I hope as a race we can evolve to that point.

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 2

Regarding this whole freedom from religion VS freedom of religion thing... Osho has some strong words to say about the subject, and I have to agree. Humanity will be better served when they can live harmoniously without laws, law enforcement and authority figures, and be spiritual without being religious. I hope as a race we can evolve to that point.

I just wanted to repeat this as it is something I have been pointing to for a long time now.

Of course, John Lennon pointed to it in his song "Imagine".

And Albert Camus pointed to it in nearly all his writings.

Sadly most of us are too busy defending our differences to have time to consider our commonalities.

• Like 2

Um, is this now a topic where we can post anti-police, anti-government themed hip-hop?

OC - Constables

dead prez - Police State

Main Source - Just a Friendly Game of Baseball

Immortal Technique - Cause of Death

Paris - Martial Law

Blue Scholars - Oskar Barnack / Oscar Grant

and, of course,

NWA - Fuck tha Police

Edited by dustybeijing
  • Like 1

I love you too!

I just sent you an energetic hug!

Darn! No hug smiles... How about some pictures?

Bear-Hug-.jpg

I like this one too, but which one of us is the tiger?

a-hug-from-a-friend.jpg

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 3

Sign in to follow this