Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Lucy 2014

Lucy is a 2014 French-American high-concept science-fiction action film, Written and directed by Luc Besson....is out in DVD here.

First of all,...IMO, a reoccurring problem with the film is the idea of "Brain Capacity." What the film seemed to be about was Consciousness Capacity,...how much actual consciousness are we utilizing (of which the answer, from a Buddhist/Taoist view, is very little). Although the film used the term "Brain Capacity," most anal science buffs, interpreted that as meaning "using 10% of one's brain," which most today agree that 100% of the brain used,...although people actual don't use that much at one moment. IMO, this low budget film would have done much better focusing on consciousness,... perhaps that the first 6 levels of consciousness can only utilize 10% of the brains capacity monment to moment,...thus broaching the subject of the 7th and 8th levels of consciousness.

Lucy: "Life was given to us a billion years ago. What have we done with it?"

Lucy: "I used to be so concerned with who I was and what I wanted to be, and now that I have access to the furthest reaches of my brain, I see things clearly and realize that what makes us "us" it's primitive. They're all obstacles."

Professor Norman: We humans are more concerned with having than with being.

Lucy: "Every cell knows and talks to every other cell. They exchange a thousand bits of information between themselves per second. Cells join together forming a joint web of communication, which in turn forms matter. Cells get together, take on one form, deform, reform makes no difference, they're all the same. Humans consider themselves unique, so they've rooted their whole theory of existence on their uniqueness. "One" is their unit of "measure" but its not. All social systems we've put into place are a mere sketch: "one plus one equals two", that's all we've learned, but one plus one has never equaled two there are in fact no numbers and no letters, we've codified our existence to bring it down to human size, to make it comprehensible, we've created a scale so we can forget its unfathomable scale."

Lucy plays a video of a car running on a road. She makes the car run faster and faster until it completely disappears from the screen. Lucy says the car doesn't exist, that nothing exists in this universe, the only thing that matters is time.

Lucy: "Time is the only true unit of measure, it gives proof to the existence of matter, without time, we dont exist."

Professor Norman: I'm not even sure that mankind is ready for it. We're so driven by power and profit. Given man's nature, it might bring us only instability and chaos..

Lucy: "Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."

"We're so driven by power and profit" Most people just want a bit of space/ home, family and quality food, water, air...

"Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge" ...International Banks "order (control) from chaos"

They promote no-think culture via (anti) cultural marxism.

"Brain Capacity." IB waging covert chemical warfare + slaughter of the intelligentsia in REVOLUTIONS throughout history / practicing dysgenics

"Life was given to us a billion years ago. What have we done with it?" ... International Banks have burnt it to the ground endlessly

Aristotle, one of the fathers of Western thought, wrote in his 350 B.C. work, Politics, in Book One, Part X, that usury is the lending of money at interest:

The most hated sort, and with the greatest reason, is usury, which makes a gain out of money itself, and not from the natural object of it. For money was intended to be used in exchange, but not to increase at interest. And this term interest, which means the birth of money from money, is applied to the breeding of money because the offspring resembles the parent. Wherefore of an modes of getting wealth this is the most unnatural.

Edited by eye_of_the_storm

Aristotle, one of the fathers of Western thought, wrote in his 350 B.C. work, Politics, in Book One, Part X, that usury is the lending of money at interest:

The most hated sort, and with the greatest reason, is usury, which makes a gain out of money itself, and not from the natural object of it. For money was intended to be used in exchange, but not to increase at interest. And this term interest, which means the birth of money from money, is applied to the breeding of money because the offspring resembles the parent. Wherefore of an modes of getting wealth this is the most unnatural.

I don't recall the term "international bank" ever used in the film,...nor did Lucy seem interested in money.

Perhaps there should be a PJ Merola film.

"The biggest crux to the evolution of humanity is breaking through your own indoctrination. It is very, very difficult to overcome emotional elements that have become so engrained in you, that you have an immediate reaction, an immediate suffering and pain, if something interfers with [your idea of the status quo]. It's a very, very complex problem. We have to learn how to identify and break our own indoctrination if we expect to move forward at all as a civilization" PJ Merola

Edited by Vmarco

Lucy is a 2014 French-American high-concept science-fiction action film, Written and directed by Luc Besson....is out in DVD here.

First of all,...IMO, a reoccurring problem with the film is the idea of "Brain Capacity." What the film seemed to be about was Consciousness Capacity,...how much actual consciousness are we utilizing (of which the answer, from a Buddhist/Taoist view, is very little). Although the film used the term "Brain Capacity," most anal science buffs, interpreted that as meaning "using 10% of one's brain," which most today agree that 100% of the brain used,...although people actual don't use that much at one moment. IMO, this low budget film would have done much better focusing on consciousness,... perhaps that the first 6 levels of consciousness can only utilize 10% of the brains capacity monment to moment,...thus broaching the subject of the 7th and 8th levels of consciousness.

Lucy: "Life was given to us a billion years ago. What have we done with it?"

Lucy: "I used to be so concerned with who I was and what I wanted to be, and now that I have access to the furthest reaches of my brain, I see things clearly and realize that what makes us "us" it's primitive. They're all obstacles."

Professor Norman: We humans are more concerned with having than with being.

Lucy: "Every cell knows and talks to every other cell. They exchange a thousand bits of information between themselves per second. Cells join together forming a joint web of communication, which in turn forms matter. Cells get together, take on one form, deform, reform makes no difference, they're all the same. Humans consider themselves unique, so they've rooted their whole theory of existence on their uniqueness. "One" is their unit of "measure" but its not. All social systems we've put into place are a mere sketch: "one plus one equals two", that's all we've learned, but one plus one has never equaled two there are in fact no numbers and no letters, we've codified our existence to bring it down to human size, to make it comprehensible, we've created a scale so we can forget its unfathomable scale."

Lucy plays a video of a car running on a road. She makes the car run faster and faster until it completely disappears from the screen. Lucy says the car doesn't exist, that nothing exists in this universe, the only thing that matters is time.

Lucy: "Time is the only true unit of measure, it gives proof to the existence of matter, without time, we dont exist."

Professor Norman: I'm not even sure that mankind is ready for it. We're so driven by power and profit. Given man's nature, it might bring us only instability and chaos..

Lucy: "Ignorance brings chaos, not knowledge."

Money is mentioned "profit" haha

I am just defining "We" ...

The movie is putting blame on MAN ...in general...

I am saying International Banks are all these things... no the movie was the direct opposite really

The psychopaths are projecting

I am just saying how this system was financed largely

All these statements of what humans are... are fabrications, distortions of the original

With the destruction of organic cultures... the shadow groups created a human without humanity

As the cultural expressions were destroyed so was the spirit/ root / guide

By "religious" groups... who are IB in earlier days

Now they condemn humans for the materialism and lack of spirit they have worked tirelessly to create... you see?

Edited by eye_of_the_storm

In terms of Scarlett Johansson becoming enlightened movies I much preferred the movie "Her" , there her enlightenment comes through a natural growth or expansion of the heart rather than increased brain capacity.

It is strange how both movies came out so close to each other though with the same person becoming enlightened, very strange.

In terms of Scarlett Johansson becoming enlightened movies I much preferred the movie "Her" , there her enlightenment comes through a natural growth or expansion of the heart rather than increased brain capacity.

It is strange how both movies came out so close to each other though with the same person becoming enlightened, very strange.

I haven't seen "her,"....though my understanding of it, is that "Her" is a computer program, whose expansive mental ability reaches a point of actual consciousness without need for computer or brain.

Did like in Lucy,...how the term "time" flowed in, no less than three times, like a fractal,...each time exposing more of the idea,...that 100% or enlightenment does not exist in time.

I haven't seen "her,"....though my understanding of it, is that "Her" is a computer program, whose expansive mental ability reaches a point of actual consciousness without need for computer or brain.

Did like in Lucy,...how the term "time" flowed in, no less than three times, like a fractal,...each time exposing more of the idea,...that 100% or enlightenment does not exist in time.

Yeah that is true it is based upon a computer program, but it opens up philosophical questions as it is presented in the film as a growth of love through relationship even though it is a computer. It's definitely worth watching. Even Alan Watts makes an appearance.

I love the little homage to "A Space Odyssey" at the end; the star like things on the surface of the black, usb brain drive thing that She turns into: "Oh my god, its full of stars!".

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this