Wun Yuen Gong

Hand Seals - Mudras

OK, this is probably sound strange but!!!

Does anyone use Hand seals in there meditations and or casting spells/magic or any other rituals?

WYG

I don't think that it is strange.

I use mudras since they use hand reflexology points in order to turn on certain parts of the brain, and in turn those certain parts of the brain "talk" to the organs, and can better integrate the functions of the brain.

I suspect that mudras may be very useful in speeding up development after a period (at least two weeks) of meditation (one-pointed or emptiness, moving or still) and retention.

The meditation and retention, I think, are used to build the body's electrical potential to use the mudras.

Thanks Lino

What type of mundra's you using could u describe any?

Anything like these hand signs?

http://www.kujiin.com/

What do you mean by retention can you explain alittle more on this?

Regards

WYG

Retention or celibacy does help in elevating the body and mind's level of bioelectricity and speeding up cultivation progress. When the mudras are used, attention or intent needs to be put on the fingers that are connecting so that the bioelectricity make it to the fingers, is circulated in between the fingers, goes back to the brain, and then goes to one or both of the big toes in order to show that there is a successful connection. It's a weird way of using one of Shakyamuni's discourses on the big toe by using it for energy work in the body.

I don't use kujin. Their information is good but it's not something that I want to introduce into what rudimentary practices I have right now.

Thanks Lino

What type of mundra's you using could u describe any?

Anything like these hand signs?

http://www.kujiin.com/

What do you mean by retention can you explain alittle more on this?

Regards

WYG

The type of mudras that I use are very basic.

An example,

For kidneys or water, I connect the ring finger to the thumb on the same hand. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. With the recent experimentation that I did, I know now that in order for something to be working the big toes have to be receiving bioelectricity indirectly.

My meditation level is very low. I don't do well when a meditation has too many instructions.

For example,

1. Do this mudra.

2. Breath like this.

3. Pay attention to this body part.

4. Visualize this. (It's bad enough that I can barely make out stick figures in my visualizations.)

5. Visualize that at the same time.

6. Pay attention to this other body part.

and all of these things are supposed to be going on at the same time.

i think i use a mudra, it came to me naturally while meditating so i've stuck with it. i simply rap my hands together and connect my thumbs. here is a visual example of how to do it.

put both of your hands infront of you, palms facing upwards. intertwine your fingers and with your fingers bring your hands closer, then allow your thumbs to lightly touch each other. don't know if this is an authentic mudra somewhere or it's just something my body told me to do.

mudras-vacio.jpg

very similar to this except my fingers are intertwined.

Edited by mantis

mudras-vacio.jpg

very similar to this except my fingers are intertwined.

I do the same - only my fingers are not intertwined (just like picture). Now that I think about it, I probably picked it up by looking at a statue of the Buddha.

Edited by VeeCee

I do the same - only my fingers are not intertwined (just like picture). No one taught me this - it just comes naturally when sitting.

that sure is strange, wouldn't you say?

that sure is strange, wouldn't you say?

Some people can learn this way. Just sitting in meditation, and they receive teachings.

It is actually due to one's cultivation that they would receive such through meditation.

It is good! Some people receive teachings from different beings who watch you while in meditation,

test you with things, and see your concentration. WHen they are satisfied, they offer some methods to work on.

Some people have good affinities, fate, with certain celestial beings, and so the celestials make their way to visit them while the cultivator is meditating. Passes them a teaching, and then they are on their way.

:)

I know a few who learn this way their whole life. Their cultivation is well developed and solid.

Peace,

Lin

Thanks Rain. That's up my kazoo.

With regard to hand positions. It makes perfect natural sense positioning the fingers and thumb in different configurations will enhance or nullify certain fields present in the meridian system. I've experienced it directly and there are specific finger configurations to use when you are applying Tui Na that amplify or diffuse, same goes for martial art application. IE sword fingers of taoist wudang, etc.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Rain,Let me add my thanks too. Very interesting patterns. Will now have to find a template of ellipses.

When in sitting positions I use the hand position that VeeCee uses. I learned it from various Zen sources, it's the prefered postion used during zazen.

Edited by Eric23