Sign in to follow this  
MooNiNite

Do you custom build computers?

im trying to start and sell them to people in my small town.....but, i cant find any real suppliers? anyone every try this? i feel like a lot of people have atleast some interest in computers

but yah,,,,ill go to a computer forum also...

anyways....................love and light......namaste......<----ignite the light within so others can also...........<<----computers......

I used to when I was in high school and right afterward. Honestly, even in large towns there isn't much of a market for it. I managed a computer store in downtown Phoenix for a few months and have worked in various IT positions. Most of the people who want a really good computer and can afford it can also build it themselves. If you want "real" suppliers you'll need a business and to setup a wholesale account. Otherwise just NewEgg it or whatever online vendor you prefer will work.

• Like 1

im trying to start and sell them to people in my small town.....but, i cant find any real suppliers? anyone every try this? i feel like a lot of people have atleast some interest in computers

but yah,,,,ill go to a computer forum also...

anyways....................love and light......namaste......<----ignite the light within so others can also...........<<----computers......

not even worth it these days. back in the day, yeah, sure. these days? the big companies produce stuff cheap and plenty. if you got gamers around, a lot of 'em, and with some money...if they're not already building their own...

wu tang financial says you gotta diversify ;)

• Like 2

Not me... but if I were to try it, then I would probably look at the possibility of using:

1. Ebay - always tons of stuff on sale for even smaller parts... I would guess you'd find a seller or three who are much bigger than others and might forge a relationship eventually with.

2. TigerDirect seems to sell in parts so folks can build systems.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

Not much markup on the parts themselves, and then you have to buy 100 of each item.

Be careful with ebay, a lot of chinese manufacturers make fake "brand name" parts (which tend to break in a month or two). They list them as american, japanese, etc. though.

Tiger direct is pretty good price wise. If you live in a small town, you could make quite a bit at it.

• Like 2

A little off topic, but my 14 year old said he was interested in building a computer. I think I'll let him, there's probably not much cost savings, but learning how its done and the ability to upgrade later will be worth it.

Matter of fact that might be an good angle for you MooNinite. If you go ahead, create a class where people prepay then go to your place to learn how to put it together. Why? Learning innards of computers, great customization, future upgradeable. Planning class free- talking about how's and why's, then a money commitment is needed and class starts in 3 weeks. Learn and build. You make the same or more money, but the students do the work!!

• Like 1

A little off topic, but my 14 year old said he was interested in building a computer. I think I'll let him, there's probably not much cost savings, but learning how its done and the ability to upgrade later will be worth it.

Matter of fact that might be an good angle for you MooNinite. If you go ahead, create a class where people prepay then go to your place to learn how to put it together. Why? Learning innards of computers, great customization, future upgradeable. Planning class free- talking about how's and why's, then a money commitment is needed and class starts in 3 weeks. Learn and build. You make the same or more money, but the students do the work!!

Actually you save quite a bit building one yourself, at least if you are going for the high end sorts. Few friends of mine has saved $1000 and up on their systems. Probably only save $100-$200 on a low end system though.

• Like 1

I used to when I was in high school and right afterward. Honestly, even in large towns there isn't much of a market for it. I managed a computer store in downtown Phoenix for a few months and have worked in various IT positions. Most of the people who want a really good computer and can afford it can also build it themselves. If you want "real" suppliers you'll need a business and to setup a wholesale account. Otherwise just NewEgg it or whatever online vendor you prefer will work.

yeah i was gonna try that. but a lot of these wholesaler actually get REALLY bad reviews, its like they are scammers or something

Why not create a registered business and then buy the parts at wholesale prices? There surely must be a computer parts wholesaler in your country.

yeah thats the general plan, but im trying to find the right ones, its kinda tricky cause a lot of them have really shady reviews. but ill keep looking

Sign in to follow this