Sign in to follow this  
Vmarco

Airy-faery v. Honesty

Any discussion of airy-faery folks is likely deemed as negative by airy-faery folks,...even in an Off Topic discussion.

Airy-faery folks like looking a the perceived good in things,....perception being the keyword. The airy-faery folk idea of good is what the groupthink thinks is good. Mother Teresa was good,...she was a saint,...airy-faery folk adore her.

Honest folk are much rarer,...it's not easy on the ego to be honest. Honest folk want the truth, and have come to understand that truth is seldom understood before identifying the false as the false.

Airy-faery folk don't want to deal with the false. They do not want anyone commenting on their heroes. Thus any mention of Mother Teresa as a lying, thieving Albanian dwarf, really ruffles airy-faeries,...and the fact driven book on the "friend of poverty," Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice, which describes the soon to be saint as not even relatively compassionate, is met with anger.

Eckhart Tolle correctly stated, "we need to draw our attention to what is false in us, for unless we learn to recognize the false as the false, there can be no lasting transformation, and you will always be drawn back into illusion, for that is how the false perpetuates itself."

Realizing truth through understanding the false is the highlight of Prajnaparamita Buddhism,...and a lessor extent, the Hua Hu Jing. The Prajnaparamita sutra are loving called the No Sutras,...because they speak of "no" over, and over, and over. No, no, no, no....

Airy-faey folk cannot read material that points to honesty. Airy-faery folks cannot see things as they are,...nor want to.

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth. ―Albert Einstein Whether that misguided respect for a phony nun, or psychopathic politician.

Some 10 years ago, Dr. Justin Frank, a prominent Washington psychiatrist and author of the book, Bush on the Couch, Inside the Mind of the President, said the President suffers from character pathology, including grandiosity, megalomania, and a sociopathic personality.

These comments were in no way limited to Dr Frank,...as many psychiatric professionals argue the same thing. However,...conservative airy-faeries loved him,...he's the kind of fellow you can sit down and have a beer with.

Most Americans don't want to know the truth of the Bush years,...they want to move-on,...as if the atrocities no longer matter.

http://warisacrime.org/busharticles

A discussion of airy-faeries v honest can tangent off in many directions. As the majority of folks are actually dishonest,...the focus on what is honest will likely no dominate the thread,...and if it did,...the thread will likely be thrown into the Pit.

• Like 1

Well, I personally prefer the truth. Presented the truth I can determine if there is a problem, if there are any solutions, and whether or not I can do anything to eliminate the problem.

If I get only lies then I would have no idea which lie to believe.

There are many problems I can do nothing to help to eliminate. "What's wrong with the US" is one of them.

I can only say that even though there are problems I still think there are many more positive aspects of the US than there are negative. I have no intention of running away from my country or my home. "Don't tread on me"

Well, I personally prefer the truth. Presented the truth I can determine if there is a problem, if there are any solutions, and whether or not I can do anything to eliminate the problem.

If I get only lies then I would have no idea which lie to believe.

There are many problems I can do nothing to help to eliminate. "What's wrong with the US" is one of them.

I can only say that even though there are problems I still think there are many more positive aspects of the US than there are negative. I have no intention of running away from my country or my home. "Don't tread on me"

There are no positives, without negatives, anywhere within duality. There is however, truth without false,...because there is no truth in duality.

The thread about what's wrong with the USA,...now located in the Pit, because it upset a Moderators sensitivities,...was not about " running away from my country or my home," but looking at current treads, through a reliance on facts and observations,...and dialoguing as to whether those facts and observations can move towards honesty, and by consequence, truth.

A motto of today's US America is....“It is not truth that matters, but victory.” Adolf Hitler

As for those who enable the above,...Winston Churchill comes to mind, “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”

Thus,...“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” George Orwell

Airy-faeries prefer their beautiful illusions of positivity of falsity over truth.

“Truth, like light, blinds. Falsity, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.” Albert Camus

Personally, I prefer Buddhism. Buddhas have said, "A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real."

Before realizing that,...one should consider to “Never forget that a half truth is a whole lie.”

―Anonymous

PJ Merola had some very good advice,...he said, "The biggest crux to the evolution of humanity is breaking through your own indoctrination. It is very, very difficult to overcome emotional elements that have become so engrained in you, that you have an immediate reaction, an immediate suffering and pain, if something interferes with [your idea of the status quo]. It's a very, very complex problem. We have to learn how to identify and break our own indoctrination if we expect to move forward at all as a civilization"

Unfortunately,..."Human kind cannot bear very much reality" T. S. Eliot

• Like 2

I agree that the vast majority of people cannot recognize or deal with the "truth" of most matters

(though I also believe that "the truth" is subject to levels of subjectivity and I'm still not sure if there's any universal "truth"...but that's not entirely relevant here)

but

What is "moving forward as a civilization" ?

• Like 1

The thread about what's wrong with the USA,...now located in the Pit, because it upset a Moderators sensitivities,...

This is a complete misrepresentation of the matter, and that's all I have to say on the matter.

Keep the language respectable, and there are no problems here expressing any thoughts. Hurl blatant insults at people, be it individuals or groups, and expect some basic adminstrative response. That's just how this forum works.

There are no positives, without negatives, anywhere within duality. There is however, truth without false,...because there is no truth in duality.

Agree. And therefore, because much negativity has been presented I feel bound to present the other side of the duality.

And I agree that the truth, whatever that is, cannot be found within dualities.

The thread about what's wrong with the USA,...now located in the Pit, because it upset a Moderators sensitivities,...was not about " running away from my country or my home," but looking at current treads, through a reliance on facts and observations,...and dialoguing as to whether those facts and observations can move towards honesty, and by consequence, truth.

Hopefully you will forgive me for that but I just felt the need to put you on the defensive, if only for a moment.

We have had threads pitted before. No big thing.

And really, I have not disagreed with any of the facts you have presented. Yes, I have disagreed with some of your opinions. Not the first time.

A motto of today's US America is....“It is not truth that matters, but victory.” Adolf Hitler

Yes, many (most?) view the world this way. It is the path many have chosen to walk.

As for those who enable the above,...Winston Churchill comes to mind, “Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”

The truth in that is sad, I think. But as the saying goes: Don't rock my boat (with truth).

Thus,...“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” George Orwell

I doubt I have ever criticized any truths you have presented. But I do protest your one-sided dualistic thoughts when you get on your rolls of criticisms.

Airy-faeries prefer their beautiful illusions of positivity of falsity over truth.

Well, of course. Even I have my little illusions and delusions when I am on my own property. But as I have said before, the illusions and delusions stay home when I go out into other people's world.

“Truth, like light, blinds. Falsity, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object.” Albert Camus

One of my favorite authors/philosophers. Yes, most of us need to paint our reality with pretty colors. They look so much better that way.

Personally, I prefer Buddhism. Buddhas have said, "A wise man, recognizing that the world is but an illusion, does not act as if it is real."

Well, you know what my opinion is regarding that. Hehehe.

Before realizing that,...one should consider to “Never forget that a half truth is a whole lie.” ― Anonymous

Yeah, she was a pretty wise person. Great statement.

PJ Merola had some very good advice,...he said, "The biggest crux to the evolution of humanity is breaking through your own indoctrination. It is very, very difficult to overcome emotional elements that have become so engrained in you, that you have an immediate reaction, an immediate suffering and pain, if something interferes with [your idea of the status quo]. It's a very, very complex problem. We have to learn how to identify and break our own indoctrination if we expect to move forward at all as a civilization"

I totally agree with that and it is very Taoist as well.

I'm not sure how true that is. People watch the news in order to see what is going on in the world that is, in their opinion, wrong. Is there a need for people to see others with more troubles than they have? Makes their problems a little easier to live with.

This is a complete misrepresentation of the matter, and that's all I have to say on the matter.

Keep the language respectable, and there are no problems here expressing any thoughts. Hurl blatant insults at people, be it individuals or groups, and expect some basic adminstrative response. That's just how this forum works.

Yeah, but then, we who feel the insults are very biased and unfair should have the opportunity to respond and point out the flaws in what has been presented. "The Pit" is a good place to do this. The original post is a matter of historical record. We need allow rebuttal to become a part of historical record as well.

The entire world is built upon lies, especially lies to ourselves. I think I have only met about 3-4 honest people in my entire life.

• Like 3

how many of those did you actually enjoy being around? just curious

They create a conflict where I am drawn towards them but can't stand it too long before I feel that I want to escape. I wouldn't say I enjoy it but they feel more sane and real which is what causes the attraction.

• Like 2

people act like the pit is some kind of....abyss that we throw threads in so that noone will ever see them again

Well, it is an area that is not available to non-member viewers of the board.

I don't believe in censorship and I know Sean will not allow posts to be deleted (although they may be hidden).

Where else should threads that do not represent Taoism and Taoist thought go beside The Pit?

And it is true, most threads that end up in The Pit very soon die a natural death. This is, in most cases, good.

The entire world is built upon lies, especially lies to ourselves. I think I have only met about 3-4 honest people in my entire life.

Well, add one mote to that because you have met me.

Agree. And therefore, because much negativity has been presented I feel bound to present the other side of the duality.

And I agree that the truth, whatever that is, cannot be found within dualities.

Hopefully you will forgive me for that but I just felt the need to put you on the defensive, if only for a moment.

There is a huge difference between dialoguing about dualities, and imaginary positives and negatives,...of which I would estimate that most seek positive experiences for their conditioned beliefs,...and what actually is, as I see it.

I actually pivot from Buddha's realization that suffering is a consequence of the desire for things to be other than they are,...and the way things are, cannot be accurately perceived through duality's point of view.

Both positive and negative are distractions. Neither a positive nor a negative can be exposed separately. Thus,...focus on hope (an expectation of something desired) will never expose its negative, fear. Buddhism implicitly and explicitly says "only when all hopes and fears have died, the Goal is reached."

Although most people would imagine that they can deal with their fears,...the best way to void fear, is to confront one's hopes. Airy-faery folks do not want that,...they cling to hope for their identity.

For Airy-faery folks,...any discussion of letting go hope is ultra-negative. But seriously,...look at what hope is,...the truth of hope.

No matter what level we wish to view it from, hope is false. Hope is an anticipation of the future; thus it must arise from a predisposition, a belief, and attachment to the past. Hope implies lack,...how else could we possibly define it? Hope is for something we think we don't possess.

How could hope ever be expressed through an Open-Mind or Open-Heart? The belief of hope is a barrier that obscures the present. The Heart of our Essence would not express lack or need, nor see positive or negative as good or evil, beauty or blight.

If our attention is on seeking hope, how are we to ever experience the immediacy required to be in the Present? If we seek hope, our overall frequency pattern projects a self-manifested incompleteness, and thus can only attract to itself, that incompleteness. It is no different than a mirror in ones bathroom; if you look into the mirror with a frown, it will not reflect back a smile. In other words, our hope will never be realized as long as we hope; just like joy is never actualized if we are looking for it.

Hope is a condition,…whereas, if Love is Unconditional, how can hope ever enter Love,…a condition cannot enter the Unconditional. Thus, if there is one action in the world which could precipitate a tremendum of Collective metanoic proportions, it would be the deletion of the word hope from our vocabulary.

Ponder on this,...the Airy-faery act of sending love,...is hope. Many people think they can "send love"...or prayers of love,...even with the best intentions, that is, from the viewpoint of who they "think" they are. However, from love's point of view, such an undertaking is not only fully irresponsible, but impossible,...the presumed "sending of love" is a violation of another with one's own personal desires,...a forced intrusion of one's conditioned idea of love upon another. One cannot send an Uncondition, one can onlt "send" conditions. Just consider it,...who but a neurotic person would attempt to send love?

The bottom line is this,...there is only one thing, and one thing only, that precipitates the so-called act of "Sending Love" or Light, and that is to "get."

how many of those did you actually enjoy being around? just curious

I'm not sure if that was a fair question or not. I tell the truth as well as I understand it. I'm not sure I would like hearing the truth about what others really think about me. I do have this little ego problem.

Yeah, but then, we who feel the insults are very biased and unfair should have the opportunity to respond and point out the flaws in what has been presented. "The Pit" is a good place to do this. The original post is a matter of historical record. We need allow rebuttal to become a part of historical record as well.

Well, but that's where the other thread is now. So, win-win, I'd say :-)

• Like 1

There is a huge difference between dialoguing about dualities, and imaginary positives and negatives,...of which I would estimate that most seek positive experiences for their conditioned beliefs,...and what actually is, as I see it.

I actually pivot from Buddha's realization that suffering is a consequence of the desire for things to be other than they are,...and the way things are, cannot be accurately perceived through duality's point of view.

Most of what you said here is a Buddhist perspective but valid none-the-less.

I agree with what you said regarding hope. But still, some people need that because that is all they have at the moment.

I often send to others my strength, energy and best wishes to others. I don't put too much weight on that but it does show that I care. I often offer my "Wishes for the Best" and sometimes add, "Whatever that might be" because really I have no idea what would be best for someone I know only from internet discussions.

I rather much like your second sentence I quoted above. Yes, it is Buddhist but it is much more than that - it speaks to a human condition.

Oh it was a perfectly fair question, spoken from the point of view of a brutally honest person that frequently loses friends ;)

Hehehe. That is funny. But then, the true friends will understand and either accept our truths or just ignore them.

That sounds like an honest assessment.

Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold. ~Leo Tolstoy

However,...if you pretend that there is no mud,...you'll never see the gold.

"What people believe prevails over the truth" Sophocles

I often send to others my strength, energy and best wishes to others. I don't put too much weight on that but it does show that I care. I often offer my "Wishes for the Best" and sometimes add, "Whatever that might be" because really I have no idea what would be best for someone I know only from internet discussions.

A wish is different than a hope.

hope n. from ME. hopa, an expectation. 1. expectation of something desired; anticipation of some future event. 2. a guess or belief. 3. that which gives hope; a substance or object hoped for; an expected payoff.

A wish is a grand unexperienced reality, a tremendum uncovered by surrendering hope and expectation.

Individuality is always convinced of its separateness,... it hopes and thus positively and negatively desires, but can not truely wish. To ask for anything is to deny what has already been given. The motive of one conscious of wishing, is always that the subject arrive at its own harmonium. A bodhisattva has a wish for the liberation of all sentient beings. If such a wish were a hope, they would not be bodhisattvas.

• Like 2

Nice.

I once offered a wish to someone and they said that they didn't need any wishes. They would work toward the real thing.

I just haven't found a better way to express my concern than to wish for the best for someone.

A motto of today's US America is....It is not truth that matters, but victory. Adolf Hitler

As for those who enable the above,...Winston Churchill comes to mind, Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Thus,...In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell

Truth, like light, blinds. Falsity, on the contrary, is a beautiful twilight that enhances every object. Albert Camus

Before realizing that,...one should consider to Never forget that a half truth is a whole lie.

―Anonymous

One can beat this drum for a thousand years and be "right" for a thousand more - but in being "right" in shedding the light of will in this rightness however true and disruptive to the status quo - great positions prove to be great glue in holding you to the banter below.

It is high time to rise above this - drop your positions - I have no arguement with anything you have related - it's appeal is clear and refreshing but - it binds you and pains me to see it.

This freedom to feel the need to bash the skulls of inherited sleep into the cement and break open the obvious pathology to decay - it is an indulgence in the quality of pattern recognition you do have - but look at your white fingers - the death grip you have on these positions - it holds tension throughout your space and wastes massive vents of energy into the thought forms you transmit en mass.

These thought forms then incite an automated resonance in whomever they encounter - whether they agree with you or not. They become simply rage and outrage enhancing signal boosters.

Part and parcel to your clarity is the firm and vicious certainty of the thought forms - I am not arguing with the content - it is excellent on too many levels to do so - but these signal boosters are of the same variety as the tuning forks of Rush Limbaugh and the reactionary zone that has reached a fever pitch.

Turn your effort inward as you have already well done - clear up this net of thought forms that form identities which hold your attention elsewhere. Their is no stillness in these things and the dullness from which you recoil is not stillness it is nothing/sleep. Awaken first and see then if you recoil from sleep.

What seems to be anger is dissatisfaction with being in the sleep while aware of the mythology.

I know every inch of it.

Edited by Spotless

I think the honest types can see both sides of an issue and have enough perspective to gauge things with perspective instead exaggerated statistics. There are people with extreme prejudices who live in a black and white world. There lopsided views blind them to seeing the world as it is. Thus they constantly allude to the dangerous Them, 95% of all others; its the simple redneck philosophy of feeling better about yourself by calling most others low or degenerate.

Regardless of their politics they are the 'Rush Limbaugh' types of the world. Who must continually reinforce there negative stereotypes in order to keep there angry fire aflame. They'll continually hunt for new sources to feed there prejudice and reheat themselves by looking at the very worst of old sources, no matter how tiny or unrepresentative it is. They need to exaggerate and proselytize. They come off as angry and paranoid. It can keep you from learning and growing.

Its a danger for all of us. Without seeking some Airy-Faery good happenings we get lost in the bitterness of the news and gossip, which is often a concentration of the very worst things going on in the world. The reality is much more neutral, even boring; there are damn near infinite (or dozens, millions, lots of- depending on your awareness) good things going on and we don't give them a lick of notice or gratitude for.

The great teacher Glenn Morris wrote energy moves best through a happy flexible system. If you're doing esoteric energy work, I think you need to go beyond neutral into positive attitude to protect against the gravity of anger and paranoia that can arise and strengthen due to esoteric energy practice.

The real horror story is this: the 'only black and white' people create self fulfilling prophecies. With such negativity there actions; body language, facial expressions, words and tone- create the situation that backs up there beliefs.

Edited by thelerner

I dont know the gist of it, much less specifics, but is it still considered "just an insult" if the insulting speech is also literally true?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this