Sign in to follow this  
eye_of_the_storm

Saint George and The "White Wh*r*"

Racism is a touchy subject here. Be careful. I can absolutely understand the mods not wanting any threads devolving into bizarre arguments about eugenics.

To respond, though..

5 mins in and all I can think is, "Wow this white bitch is a racist white bitch". I'm not watching further.

Sorry, but there are double standards everywhere. And to fight racism, one doesn't go to the other end of racism. If this lady would like to see racism stop, she'd do better to acknowledge that race is nothing more than an illusion created by our propensity for recognizing colour over character.

Now to the silliness of what the video said:

The woman who played the principal on the TV show in that video played a police chief in Psych. That's a TV show with a white lead who dates a bunch of white girls and has a black sidekick. Sofia Vergara in Modern Family is often teased for her Columbian background, and many jokes are made about how poor and shitty Columbia is.

What other TV shows feature white people in the lead?

Just go here and look at the most popular shows today: http://watchseries.ag/Watch

Castle -- white leads, black/hispanic sidekicks

2 Broke Girls -- white

The Originals -- pretty sure the main ones are white

CSI -- white

NCIS -- pretty sure Chris is the lead and LL Cool J the sidekick

Anger Management -- white lead (Charlie Sheen) and black neighbour

Gotham -- white lead, black baddie (Jada Smith)

I could go on. That's just today. Basically, all of them. People like to watch white people being heroes whilst other characters help and applaud. That's racist. That a deep, inbuilt, unrecognized racism right there.

There are shows with non-white leads, but they're fewer and less popular. And when one of them has a racist Mexican grandmother calling her ex-daughter in law a "white whore", suddenly the media is full of double standards?

Fuck.

Edited by dustybeijing

If similar was said of other peoples the creators of the show would be crucified and it would probably make national/ world news.

Insert any other ethnic group call them a wh*r* multiple times... this is unacceptable... apparently DB doesn't mind though.

I am not sure why there can't be an adult discussion.

The "tolerance" and "anti discrimination" crowd enjoy brushing such under the carpet with a few cultural marxist silencing techniques preventing any rational discussion... as it doesn't suit their specific agenda.

The Marxist tolerated the Ukrainian desire for independence so much they starved 20 million of them death in the name of "equality" or something... etc 1984 doublespeak

Edited by eye_of_the_storm

She's offended because it's a white woman who looks a lot like her who's being called a "white whore" on the show. That's what she objects to. Not double standards, but white people, for once, being the victims of racism. So I call her a white bitch. She is.

If you have no answer to the rest of my post, and must cling onto the only seemingly (but not, actually) racist thing I said, I think it's because you have no answer to the rest of my post.

She's offended because it's a white woman who looks a lot like her who's being called a "white whore" on the show. That's what she objects to. Not double standards, but white people, for once, being the victims of racism. So I call her a white bitch. She is.

If you have no answer to the rest of my post, and must cling onto the only seemingly (but not, actually) racist thing I said, I think it's because you have no answer to the rest of my post.

So you agree then "white people, for once, being the victims of racism" (I disagree with "for once" however)

So if other women of another group were called wh*res you'd call them b*tches for speaking out against that?

And you would expect no anger from that?

Show me another program in which it is repeated multiple times {insert specific group} wh*r* ... in which there has been no backlash and I will agree with you.

dustybeijing

To be clear, I truly want all people to be respected

I truly want the world to be a vibrant place

I truly want all peoples to thrive

I truly want the best for all people

I want everyone to be uplifted

I want all media to be inspiring! creative! beautiful... that no person or people are made fools of

That comedy is light-hearted and not a cover for political agendas

That all people are able to express their culture + a love for theirs without disparaging others

That men and women are equally valued and their unique expressions equally valued

I want the world to rise together... I am tired of these conflicts

I am tired of people saying that other people do not exist

YOU EXIST, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL and by your very existence deserve a place on this planet...

To see any people become irrelevant must be prevented ...

Rather than fight among ourselves... we must see the international banks behind it all... who exploit all people at different levels.

To recognize and respect each others differences... rather than saying THEY DONT EXIST...

If you truly want all people to thrive, you must recognize an undeniable fact: there is no such thing as race.

It's an illusion, facilitated through our wildly insufficient language and centuries of conflict between nations & religions.

People are neither purebred dogs nor mutts; we each possess our own characteristics, each of which lies somewhere on a spectrum of characteristics potentially shared by anyone else in the world.

Read some science on the matter:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC515312/

Genetic variation in humans is sometimes described as being discontinuous among continents or among groups of individuals, and by some this has been interpreted as genetic support for “races.” A recent study in which >350 microsatellites were studied in a global sample of humans showed that they could be grouped according to their continental origin, and this was widely interpreted as evidence for a discrete distribution of human genetic diversity. Here, we investigate how study design can influence such conclusions. Our results show that when individuals are sampled homogeneously from around the globe, the pattern seen is one of gradients of allele frequencies that extend over the entire world, rather than discrete clusters. Therefore, there is no reason to assume that major genetic discontinuities exist between different continents or “races.”

http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/genetics/skin-color/modern-human-diversity-genetics

the subspecies of the chimpanzee that lives just in central Africa, Pan troglodytes troglodytes, has higher levels of diversity than do humans globally, and the genetic differentiation between the western (P. t. verus) and central (P. t. troglodytes) subspecies of chimpanzees is much greater than that between human populations.

Define 'race' clearly, and I'll back up. Can you show that the concept is anything other than a concept -- a way for people to defend their propensity for intolerance and prejudice against others, and their love for hatred?

One time, whilst walking to work on the outskirts of Beijing, I walked past 2 elderly Chinese women. One of them pointed at me and 'whispered' loudly to the other, "洋鬼子" -- foreign devil. It didn't sound like she was very happy about it. They have for their whole lives been under the impression that there's some real boundary between China and the rest of the world. Because of my pale skin and light hair, they see that I'm different to them.

The only boundary is one that we impose.

There is a great deal of racism in many countries. People with white skin are as susceptible to it as people with any other shade. Much of it is to do with 'culture'. People don't want their 'culture' diluted or changed.

What the crying fuck is culture?

You grew up in a place. You did things a certain way. You believe that way is the best way, or at least the best for you.

OK, no problem with that. I think it's ridiculous to only do things the way you've been taught from birth, but you're entitled to do things the way you want to do them.

Who's stopping you?

The Way is change. Life is impermanent. People are born, live out their lives the way they've been taught to, and die. Their ancestors live out life they way they are taught to. It goes on. But with each person, with each generation, things change. Does the arrival of a Muslim family in the house next door prevent you from celebrating Christmas the way you always have done? Does the increasing presence of 'white people' in Beijing or ‘Asian people' in Canada prevent people who've been born in those countries from living the way they live? It changes things, gradually, sure. The Way is change. Nothing is permanent.

Just now I accidentally came across a locked & pitted thread that you started, and have seen how far your racism extends. Didn't need to warn you against starting racist threads, really, did I?

The blonde in the video above is racist. The sitcom she's talking about is also racist. That doesn't make the blonde woman's racism any more palatable. None of it changes the racism endemic in modern culture, the majority of which is geared in favour of 'white people', despite what you say.

The best way would be to stop trying to divide people on racial grounds. And that shouldn't be hard, because there is no actual basis for racial divide.

• Like 1

I respect other people + their culture enough to say... they have a right to exist

You are saying Asian people are irrelevant?

That African people are irrelevant?

South American people are irrelevant? etc

How do you think I would be received if I told Chinese people...you don't exist and your culture is meaningless and so will be made totally void...

How do you think I would be received if I told African people...you don't exist and your culture is meaningless and so will be made totally void...

How do you think I would be received if I told Jewish people...you don't exist and your culture is meaningless and so will be made totally void...

What world do you hope to create/ destroy? after you have destroyed all peoples and their cultures... what will be left?

Why are you on a Taoist forum if you think "What the crying fuck is culture?"

You say you are "pale skin and light hair" ... in other words somebody who is not from China.

So... if you believe... that everyone is the same... and that "What the crying fuck is culture?" ... why did you go to China? ... maybe the Chinese are just "business" for you hm?

Just as you have a right to deny a stranger entry into your home... The Chinese also have a right to deny you entry into their home, they don't owe you anything.

You are a foreign devil hahah

Sign in to follow this