mewtwo

Meditation or adrenaline pepper spray?

So the paperwork has went through I will be doing a volunteer police thing. Basically crossing guard stuff and directing traffic during events. Possibly helping swat train by being a hostage or such.

Anywho I am going to ask some police guys and such if they would be willing to help me do a video to be put on youtube about how OC (pepper) spray works. I will be getting shot with pepper spray 3 times once after meditating another after swinging a bat and yelling obscenities to get the adrenaline running. A third as a control. What way do you think I will "last" the longest? Adrenaline or meditation? Thoughts on why this might be?

Thanks

It will be largely dependent of how you meditate, how long you have been meditating and also on how adept you are at precipitating anger without an object.

The experiment will not be fun for your body - you should speak with it ahead of time and see what it thinks.

Edited by Spotless

After you get sprayed once, I doubt you will want to do it again, let alone a third time.

Nobody wants to rub chili in their eyes, over and over again.

Listen to Spotless and idiot_stimpy.

If, by chance, you actually go through with this, I predict you will be most adversely affected the first time and least adversely affected the third time, regardless of the order in which you do your trials. By that, I mean that I expect your results will be largely meaningless because what will matter most is your prior experience rather than your other preparations.

Of course, I could be wrong...

• Like 1

I've been sprayed and tear gassed as part of my police training. If your meditation is capable of getting you above pain (as pain is an illusion as is everything else) I would be tempted to "invite the pepper spray in", if you know what I mean. Meditation might be a real interesting experiment in this. I'd love to hear the results.

When I go to the dentist, I hate it when they give that first shot of novocaine. If I resist the pain, it's worse. If I invite the needle in to my gums, I visualize the cells in my gums parting and gently letting the needle in. This results in no pain for me when the shot is given. Maybe you can figure out a way to do the same with the pepper spray. Maybe you can visualize a barrier of some sort in front of your eyes. I think transcending the pain in and of itself might be a little difficult. The pain shouldn't last long, if you flush your eyes immediately. But I wouldn't plan on going out on a date that night, you may not look your best...

Very best wishes to you as you expand your activities into a community service.

• Like 1

Okay. I just had another thought for you. This one's a bit over the top.

Take some jalapenos with you on the day of the spraying. Take a bowl with ice, and some water. Have the jalapenos cut in half.

Prior to going into your meditation, place the ice, jalapenos, and water into the bowl, exposing the inside of the jalapenos to the cold water. Prior to going into meditation, thank the jalapenos for their soothing effect, as the heat has been removed. Thank the jalapeno for everything it does for mankind.

Then go into a mindless meditation, if you can. It's a form of 'tricking the brain', and it just might work. I think that's what I would do.

I think you might just be able to get under this, Mewtwo. You're a courageous one!

Well - I guess my ideas are still bubbling up.

Instead of going mindless in the meditation, maybe hold one of the jalapenos in your hand and silently think "I love you, I love you" to the jalapeno, knowing that it is one with you and everything else. All is made out of the same matter. Have a smile on your face and try to overcome any trace of fear with love for the pepper.

I think that's the last bubble, but you never know, lol.....

You are brave. Hope you post a link to here when you're done.

Personally, I'm hoping meditation gives best results.

You should last the longest , the last exposure. Knowing what to expect.

Unless you have a physical or psychosomatic reaction which becomes very debilitating

leaving you with enhanced and justified fears.

Their are many forms of meditation:

If you wish to have the least backlash then meditate in a high trance state and leave your body as usually happens in trance.

In this case actually make a point of isolating yourself not only from your body but your eyes and head area. When you come out of meditation do not pull yourself out of trance just have them spray you soon. Prepare your mind with the reaction that you will not squeeze and irritate your eyes but that you will seek water and find water and flush them - be sure to drink plenty of water before hand so that tears will not be any problem.

If this is the case you will definitely react less than in the other instances. But what are you proving?

In this case you are not reacting because you are not there - not because you meditated but because you used meditation to leave.

Edited by Spotless

The things we do to ourselves!

Good luck

If you are doing all three trials the same day, I would guess the last will be the worst due to the cumulative effect of the inflammation.

I am with manitou - allow the pain, don't fight it. I would pray to the spirit of the pepper to help you through your ordeal. Direct enormous love to your body and your eyes, in particular, and thank them for making the sacrifice you require.

• Like 1

I dont think its idiotic at all to suggest not taking the chance of burning his corneas or other parts.

Y ever see those clips of folks on TV where things go wrong like a persons throat swells shut.. and you say to yourself ummm,,,,

Because as we all know, allergies can develop , or there may be a threshold tolerance which gets crossed.

I EAT chili peppers , the scotch bonnets , the little thai ones , home grown habaneros etc ..

Im not sticking that stuff in my eyes or breathing it in as an experiment.

• Like 1